See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Arrived about 2pm, room not ready for 2 more hours.
Next day left returned about 3 no room service. Maid stopped by asked for towels, took tip left dirty towels. Got clean ones at 6
Sunday, no service again

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

The staff was very friendly at this motel, I enjoyed my two night stay. I slept very well in my queen bed. The building is old, but my room was clean and comfortable. It was located close to everything I needed in Florence.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2018

My wife and I booked this hotel as a 1 nighter stop and go to help us stay along Hwy 101 as part of our camping trip along the Oregon Coast as we do every summer. We couldn't get to our campsite to the next morning and figured we would stay in nearby Florence and get to our campsite the next morning just up the highway a bit.

Well. I reserved a room at the Silver Sands online through a booking site and had picked a late check in for our arrival. We arrived around 8:30 pm and found no one at the front desk/office. The neon 'open' sign was on and the door to the front desk was locked. We tried calling the hotel and no one answered. Posted on the front door to the office was also a listed Emergency numbers contact list. After waiting for some time of trying to call or see if someone would arrive at the front desk, we called the first emergency number, which went strait to a voicemail. Then we called the second emergency number which just rang and rang and rang.

After that, we took, a walk around the motel, its a small property and not very big. Outside of a lot of rooms were guests hanging out, some talkative and some rather sketchy looking. One couple mentioned that the manager was staying onsite and knew where the room was and would take us there. The rooms are poorly labeled and there is a wonky map provided to try and decipher the room numbers. After a short walk-about we found the mysterious manager's room. Knocked and no a
answer. Checked back to the front desk. Still no one there. Called the numbers again and still no answer. By now it was pushing 10pm and we had no place to stay still.

After some discussion and calling other nearby hotels and the casino, everything else was booked. So we jumped in the car and decided to drive up the highway to find a safe place to park and rest. The number of sketchy and questionable looking people hanging around outside our rooms, didn't give my wife or I a secure feeling about staying there or leaving the car outside filled with camping gear.

So we found a state park and literally slept in the car for a few hours until we could get to a store in Yachats and have coffee and snacks until we could check into our campsite. We actually felt better about sleeping in the car for ourselves and our belongings than dealing with the Silver Sands.

After we checked into the campsite, we drove back down to Florence and wanted to talk with however was at the front desk and explain our night and confirm that our credit card was not to be charged for a night that we didn't get.

The man at the front desk listened to our story but never really acknowledged the whole dilemma or really cared that no one answered their own posted emergency numbers. He did confirm for us that our credit card was never ran since we never checked in.

Overall, the whole trial of trying to stay at the Silver Sands was a complete bust, and looking back, I'm glad that we didn't stay considering the lack of comfortable security of leaving our belongings outside. It was a super cheap cost for the room and it wasn't worth it.

If you are looking to stay in Florence, stay at the casino or spend a few more bucks and stay at a different Hwy 101 hotel.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Passing through, I did a little research and this place was very reasonable. My room was downstairs on the side. Small but had been spruced up. Nice bed and laminate wood floors. I like parking just outside the room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. This place is not in the harbor area which is very expensive. For me, it was fine. No issues with noisy guest, etc. I would return.

Room tip: Ask to see your room if concerned. Water handle was reversed, for hot water.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

This is a budget motel. However they were pet friendly and had pleasant staff who are working on updating the rooms.

I don’t know if I would stay again but traveling with pets always limits your options so I was glad they allowed us to stay with our two doggies.

Near food and shops in downtown. Quiet room.

Date of stay: January 2018