“4th of July special”

Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The new menu at Maple Street Grills offers a variety of American & Romanian traditional recipes. A cozy place located in Historic Old Town where you will enjoy the ambiance, hospitality and the food. We offer home-made Old World recipes like the Romanian Meatballs, Crab Cakes ala Europe, Dolmas (Stuffed Grape Leaves), Pork Schnitzel, Mici (Grilled Romanian Skinless Sausages) and many others.
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Ate here mid-afternoon on the 4th of July.

Staff was great, stopped by to check on us often. Might have been the owners based on the way they were teaching other staff, but our experience was good.

They had some specials for the 4th, if the Kielbasa with grilled condiments shows up on the menu, get one (loaded!)

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We thought we found the perfect place. All started our great, greeted, nice menu and friendly waiter. Then for crab cakes came:( They were high on cake short on crab. No one come to our table ask how our meal was or to see if we needed anything. The ice tea was never refilled. When the server came to clear our plates, we let her know that we were disappointed. We did say that the salad, dressing and dipping causes were very good. After she left we could her relay our comments to the manager. We could also hear him say that they were 99% carb. He then brought a plate of the cakes from the kitchen to show us we were wrong. Others in the dinning room overheard him. Then while he was at an other table a customer announced that he made delicious crab cakes. We had a very unpleasant dinning experience.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

One positive is that the restaurant is very beautiful. The negatives: Wednesday July 10th I walked into the restaurant at 11:45 am. 2 tables already occupied. The waitress allowed me to stand between the bar and a table for a few minutes while making eye contact, yet no greeting. She walked by me and I had to ASK if I could sit at a table. The ok was approved. 10 minutes passed before I was brought a menu. In that time frame she visited with tall table number 2 by the door. It was a casual conversation about types of new beers. While she proceeded to get him a beer, then the water and tea for the ladies at table number 1. I received my menu without any sort of greeting or introduction to the specials board. I ordered the water and while she went behind the bar to get my water a local walked in and sat at the bar. Bill was greeted with cheer and served a beer. She went to table 3 and greeted the new incomers, visited with table 2 and went back to 1. Still no water. What appeared as the owner came bouncing in, I finally received my water and some sort of order taken. The waitress mentioned the specials, which I mentioned I was a vegetarian. The bottom of the menu stated that there was another vegetarian menu available. Instead I inquired about the portion size of a menu Item and she acted bothered that I took time to ask questions. After waiting nearly 20 minutes for menu and water, which I should have walked out, I was starving and just picked an item. In the mean time 2 other tables walked in, with a total of 5 tables. Happily were they greeted by the waitress, whose name was never mentioned. The owner, i assume, never greeted people as they came in the door either.
I am perplexed. I live in Missouri and have served in the restaurant business all my life AND I am a hairstylist of 22 years. I am conditioned to SERVE people and go above and beyond to make people happy.
Needless to say, a full hour later I received my lunch. The owner even mentioned how good looking my food looked sitting back there. Which was a salad and a crab patty. Yes, being a vegetarian, I do eat seafood sparingly. The waitress never acknowledged my food, the owner brought it to me. I ate in about 10 minutes. I was never asked if I had any thing, needed anything or received a refill on my water. I had to flag her down with my credit card to get my bill. Again, you would think she would have asked if i enjoyed my lunch. Not a word. I filed out my bill, with no tip and wrote a review of my stay on a napkin, which the waitress came over and tried to read over my note and asked if I wanted paper. HECK NO!!!! THEN, SHE WANTED TO GIVE ME MORE WATER.... and THEN the owner came up from a 45 min conversation from Bill... talking about her tanning booth experience and her up and coming wedding, to greet me.
The amazing part is the people I was visiting here in Florence Know the owner Kelly and were very shocked at my experience. They both hale from Kansas / Missouri as well. With a huge back ground in customer service.
The only reason I am being so detailed, is I am EXTREMELY shocked at the treatment I experienced. I ate at Bridgewater \ Zebra Bar twice while I was on vacation. OUTSTANDING service and food!!!

1  Thank HeatherLMagee
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stopped in here for dinner when we were unable to get reservations at Waterfront Depot, our usual spot. What a great find this place was! The food and service were both excellent (the crab cakes are to die for) and the martinis outstanding. I love the intimate atmosphere. A little pricey since many items are ala carte (including bread) but we were quite satisfied overall. We'll be back the next time we're in Florence.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

The environment is always happy and friendly....and the food and DRINKS are always fabulous!!! My favorite place to eat in Florence...and I'm a local!!!