“Dad and Three Sons”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dad and Three Sons”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We used Trorex’s services August 15 and had a great time. They have excellent service and take great care to provide a fun adventure with as much consideration to safety as possible. Two of my sons (19 and 17) used standard size quads while my youngest son (15) and I used the two seat Rhino AWD. All vehicles worked well.

This is a somewhat adventurous activity for rugged-minded individuals. There are hazards. Torex does an excellent job briefing you on the hazards, especially if you’re a first time sand-duner. My son I and in the Rhino had a minor mishap within the first few minutes of our one
hour rental. I let myself get distracted by a local tour helicopter buzzing very low overhead and drove off a two foot drop of a dune’s backside. There are plenty of these, some much higher. We were lucky. We got thumped hard, but we were OK, thanks to the provided full enclosed helmets and seatbelts.

The quads that my two older sons used were a bit faster at about 25 mph compared to the Rhino’s (20 mph). That seems plenty fast, though. One of my sons kept getting stuck whereas my other son never did. It was not too difficult for me -- the old dad -- to muscle the machine out. The quads are rear wheel drive only. If you over maneuver or stop pointing uphill, good luck.

There are other tour companies providing sand dune passenger rides in larger and relatively more stable vehicles. They would often pass through our area and all seemed to be having a good time.

Have fun with Torex, but be careful!

Visited August 2012

Portland,OR
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“They are awesome!”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

The ATVs are in great shape. Everyone is very friendly and treated us very nicely. I wish their price was a bit lower but other than that I would strongly recommend them. We had a great time on the dunes of Florence, Oregon. Oh ya, we got 2 hours but I think 1 hour was long enough.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Maryam U
Seattle, WA
“Great experience on the dunes!”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We rented one rhino and one quad for an hour. The leader to the sand gave us an extra ten minutes to compensate for the route to and from the dunes, so we had a full hour on the sand. Quads worked well-they looked old and kind of beat up but ran great! We will definitely be back next summer with more friends.

Visited May 2012
Vancouver, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome!!! third time I've rented from Torex and will go back”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We first rented from Torex 3 years ago, 4 quads, 3 adults and a kids machine. All ATV's looked and ran perfectly. The price was super reasonable and well worth the cost.

Torex machines ran great. We make a yearly spring trip to ride the dunes and have used Torex every trip without and issues. I recommend using them for your dunes adventure. The guys are thorough, offer great service and go that extra mile to make your dunes adventure fun, safe and memorable. The guys make is easy and are more than willing to assist with anything they can.

Never had any issue at all with this company

ShellyDean