“Highly recommend!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

Great fun!! Our family of 5 rented 5 4 wheelers for an hour of riding the sand dunes. Great customer service! They gave us instructions, showed us the boundaries and set us free. The 2 guys running the place even stayed out on the dunes a bit to make sure we were ok, which was good because a couple of us got stuck at the same time and they were there to help push us out.It can be dangerous, as our daughter did roll hers within the first min. She was OK, but you do have to be careful. Once we all got a hang of it, we had a wonderful time. Just go slow and listen to their advice and instructions!! We got a great deal and felt that our safety was their top priority! Equipment was great too! Would definitely return as our family had a blast!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank emjaty

Burnaby, Canada
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Great time for our family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

I was a bit hesitant at first to rent an ATV for my 14 yr old son instead of the mini-ATV. We decided on 2-ATVs and a 2 person Rhino for my wife and daughter, instead of going on a sandrail ride from other companies.

The staff were friendly, as we completed the liability forms, given the safety discussion, and led out to the sand dunes. Make sure that you leave enough space in between the ATVs, as you do not want to damage what is not your's and you need to have pretty good speed to go up some steep hills.

Our 30 minute rental went by quickly. But it took a few minutes to find our son, as he had followed someone else instead of his father. An hour rental would be fun, but probably too long for us. keep an eye out for other riders, especially if they are busy.

Ride smart and take their advice - slow down as you come up to the top of a hill, stop with the ATV pointed downhill, and ride in control of the vehicle.

Definitely worth doing if you have the opportunity. Thanks Torex!!!

Visited August 2012
Renton, WA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dad and Three Sons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

We used Trorex’s services August 15 and had a great time. They have excellent service and take great care to provide a fun adventure with as much consideration to safety as possible. Two of my sons (19 and 17) used standard size quads while my youngest son (15) and I used the two seat Rhino AWD. All vehicles worked well.

This is a somewhat adventurous activity for rugged-minded individuals. There are hazards. Torex does an excellent job briefing you on the hazards, especially if you’re a first time sand-duner. My son I and in the Rhino had a minor mishap within the first few minutes of our one
hour rental. I let myself get distracted by a local tour helicopter buzzing very low overhead and drove off a two foot drop of a dune’s backside. There are plenty of these, some much higher. We were lucky. We got thumped hard, but we were OK, thanks to the provided full enclosed helmets and seatbelts.

The quads that my two older sons used were a bit faster at about 25 mph compared to the Rhino’s (20 mph). That seems plenty fast, though. One of my sons kept getting stuck whereas my other son never did. It was not too difficult for me -- the old dad -- to muscle the machine out. The quads are rear wheel drive only. If you over maneuver or stop pointing uphill, good luck.

There are other tour companies providing sand dune passenger rides in larger and relatively more stable vehicles. They would often pass through our area and all seemed to be having a good time.

Have fun with Torex, but be careful!

Visited August 2012
Portland,OR
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“They are awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

The ATVs are in great shape. Everyone is very friendly and treated us very nicely. I wish their price was a bit lower but other than that I would strongly recommend them. We had a great time on the dunes of Florence, Oregon. Oh ya, we got 2 hours but I think 1 hour was long enough.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Maryam U
Seattle, WA
“Great experience on the dunes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

We rented one rhino and one quad for an hour. The leader to the sand gave us an extra ten minutes to compensate for the route to and from the dunes, so we had a full hour on the sand. Quads worked well-they looked old and kind of beat up but ran great! We will definitely be back next summer with more friends.

Visited May 2012