“Good value, nice people”
Review of Lighthouse Inn

Lighthouse Inn
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Florence
West Chesterfield, NH
“Good value, nice people”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Lighthouse Inn is a good spot to stop for a night along the way as you head north on 101. The rooms are comically large, unbelievably clean, and surprisingly, (though not 100%), soundproof. Casey at the front desk greets you warmly, and is a most gregarious fellow who clearly is the right man for the job. The value for the money is really terrific, the very inexpensive AAA room-rate included parking, Wifi, and a solid though not ambitious breakfast. Be forewarned that the town is a bit of a diners desert, so don’t plan on a gourmet meal here. Be sure to check out the dozen or so hand made dollhouses that appoint the lobby.

Room Tip: Try to steer clear of the area around the mezzanine as the breakfast below gets loud in the morning...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
eugene
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Found "pet friendly" hotel on line then went to their web site to reserve as I have 2 dogs and didn't want any issues. We traveled over 100 miles for a family reunion. The 800 # on Lighthouse Inn website connected me with hotels.com. I advised agent I wanted hotel directly because of pets. She assured me she could assist me, that she could not connect me with the hotel. If you call the number, the automated voice tells you they cannot connect you to hotel. I made res which was immediately authorized on my credit card days before check in. We arrived at the hotel and I was told there were no pet rooms available. Desk clerk called manager, he said no way. She advised me some people are allergic, they only have certain pet rooms. I used to manage hotel in Eugene and I would have absolutely honored an on line res, also, very few people are allergic, room could have been cleaned and aired. Desk agent told me this was Expedia booking, apparently hotels.com and expedia.com are the same, she advised me they had problems with Expedia bookings but continue to use them as they get so many bookings from them. In other words, "we don't care if we lose you as a customer, we will get lots more to replace you" She advised me I had to call hotels.com for refund. When I did, hotels.com agent called Lighthouse Inn and was told they would still be billed as cancellation was within 24 hours, so hotels.com honored my refund. Gee, thanks. We had to turn around and go home, no other pet hotels at late notice, missed family reunion. I will NEVER book another hotel on line, through third party. Either way, I will never return to Lighthouse Inn. This shocking level of customer service gets no second chance from me and my husband.

1 Thank andrea p

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was in desperate need of one hotel room, one night for a total of 8 hours and they wouldn't allow our pet because he was over the weight limit. Not sure what the problem is since they do allow pets. He wouldn't give me any reason and was not friendly about it at all. They just missed out on a paying customer...and for what? We have another hotel booked for a different night just further down the coast and even though they advertise with a pet weight limit, they were more than happy to accommodate us. Comparatively, the Lighthouse Inn could use some basics in decent customer service.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed in the suite and had a kitchen with our two rooms. We had all we needed and the facilities were sufficient. If you are looking for frills, this isn't the place, but we were very pleased with it. The furnishings and carpet were a little old. The bathrooms had been remodeled. Wifi was free! It was close to the dunes, stores, restaurants. Having the kitchen saved us a lot of money on dinner!

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This place was very clean and great for a night stay. It was like taking a step back in time but overall was a nice old motel to stay at. I stayed on the the highway side and did not find the traffic to bother me but others it might. Overall I would recommend this place to others for a night but not a long stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Plano
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This quirky old motel was like spending the night at elderly relative's home. The lobby, which I loved, was filled with old couches and chairs around a fireplace, seemed so homey and warm. There were books and games and places to gather. We got a room # 3 which was a king room in the back of the building. It had a non-working fireplace, a large pull-out couch and a king bed and still plenty of room to spare! The bathroom was ultra-tiny but was clean and worked out fine. The only demerit was that the building was old and I could hear the floors creaking when the upstairs guests moved around. The restaurant right next door serves great breakfasts!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple