“quaint & cozy”
Review of Lighthouse Inn

Lighthouse Inn
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 22 June 2010

we stayed here on a roadtrip with no reservations & got a good deal. It's a little older but was quaint & cozy, the owner was very nice, & they even had board games & books downstairs. I would recommend staying here to anyone just driving into florence.

Reviewed 31 March 2010

As part of our trip we stayed in Florence. I did a search of reviews and found the Lighthouse Inn to have good reviews. I called and made the reservations for our group. The owner was extremely helpful with the process.

Even though the motel is older, it was clean and comfortable. It had great ambience. The rates were reasonable and it was just a comfortble stay.

There was an Organic restaurant next door which our group really enjoyed. The food was excellant as was as the service

I will definetly stay there again

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2009

Beautiful and pleasant place....
Close to sand dunes ....

Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2009

We stayed in May and were very happy with our choice. Nice, welcoming lobby, our room was in the back and quiet even though we were on a main street. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Very close to Old Town Florence so we could walk to shop and eat. We recommend it as one of the best value places to stay in Florence. Not fancy, but fine.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2009

I can't say if I would recommend this property to a friend, unless it was a really close friend who I knew was on a budget and wasn't too picky. I'm normally not very picky, and I was on a budget for this New Year's Eve/Day trip, but I was disappointed in our room just the same. Got a great rate, but would have paid a bit extra for a bit more. We had room 16 and it does NOT have access to the lobby, so there was no ice machine access, which ended up being a non-issue but was still annoying. The bathroom tile floor was just gross, don't know if the grout was supposed to be dark grey but it was. Floors were so cold and shower stall (no tub) so dark and creepy that I didn't even try to use it. Just went without. The floors in the sleeping area were laminate and cold with just one throw rug. No premium cable and the reception was fuzzy in general. On the plus side, bed was great, staff was friendly and made us feel at home, lobby is cute and homey, nice to have access to lobby computer, location is great, well put together visitor information notebook in the room that really made it feel like a family-operated place which, it is, as evidenced by screeching girl child at 9:30am both days (we were apparenlty in room that connects or is adjacent to management's office or liviing space). I had no issues with the highway noise but that screeching was really unacceptable. If I stay here again, I will be VERY vocal when I make my reservations and make my expectations and wishes very clearly known.

Stayed: December 2008
LighthouseInn, Owner at Lighthouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2009

We always welcome all reviews (even the not-so-good). So we are sorry to hear you did not have a great stay at our inn. Room 16 is a difficult room, but it is one of only two smoking rooms we have remaining in the entire place. So, if a person wants a smoking room, often 16 is the one available. The room is also a pet-friendly room, so the laminate floor is partially the reason for that (keeps carpet from staining and also keeps the smoky smell at a minimum). As far as television reception, please let us know during your stay if you are unhappy and we will do our best to rectify the situtation. We can do nothing save to apologize if customer complaints are not known to us. We offer 78 cable channels but do not have HBO or Showtime. The Lighthouse Inn is a place to stay while enjoying the attractions of Florence. We are not a resort or luxury hotel (and our prices reflect this). Most people find us to be a nice economical option; however, we are not the cheapest place in town either. New Year's weekend was a busy one but we would have tried to give you a different room had we known you were unhappy; however, it would have been a nonsmoking room.

The bathroom is indeed small and, yes the tile grout is supposed to be gray -- one thing we pride ourselves on (and can be seen by the majority of customer reviews) is clean rooms.

So, I am sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied, please come back and try us again (in a different room, maybe?)

Denise

Reviewed 16 August 2008

We had room 27 which is in the back. It had 2 queen size comfortable beds, table & 2 chairs, small fridge & microwave, clean bathroom and was big enough for me and my 17 yr old & 20 yr old plus our luggage. There are games that you can borrow from the lobby. And best of all Nature's Corner a health food store/cafe. We had the best meal of our 2 day stay there. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 12 August 2008

We spent two nights at the Lighthouse Inn. It's an older property, but clean and in good condition. We had a double room with refrigerator and microwave. The motel is right on the 101, but our room was on the back side and we didn't notice much road noise. It was a bit noisy due to the guests above us, taking their dog out the sliding door quite early in the morning. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our 5-year-old enjoyed borrowing movies from the office. There is a restaurant/health food store attached to the motel and I had breakfast there both mornings. Over all, we had a good stay at the Lighthouse Inn.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family