River House Inn
Old Town Inn(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$137
QualityInn
Lighthouse Inn(Florence)
US$88
US$86
The Landmark Inn(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$105
Park Motel(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$83
US$66
US$88
US$78
Ocean Breeze Motel(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$121
Hotwire.com
1,452 results
All reviewsold townwafflesspa roomcontinental breakfasthard boiled eggswithin walking distanceshops and restaurantsroom was cleansand dunesperfect locationrubber duckoregon coastshort walkwaterfront depotstay there againparking lotcrab
Reviewed 15 June 2012

When having to make two trips to Florence recently, I have stayed at the River House Inn both times. The rooms are always immaculate, and the river view rooms cannot be beat. The staff is always friendly and very helpful, even when needing an extra blanket for a chilly night. Having walking access to the downtown restaurants, shops, and docks makes for a nice stroll after a good meal. This will not be the last time I check in.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KathS58
Reviewed 14 June 2012

After a debacle at another hotel in Florence, we went down to the River House Inn and checked in. The room, a king with river view, was pristinely clean with a wonderful looking out on the beautiful 101 bridge and river. The staff was incredibly friendly and courteous. Best of all was the location, right in the heart of Old Town it was walking distance from some really great dining options.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Russell E
Reviewed 12 June 2012

During our Oregon Coast trip, we had hoped to stop in Florence and take photos of the Hecatea lighthouse. I mentioned my plans for photos of the lighthouse ( I'm a serious amatuer photographer) to Sue the manager. She was helpful and friendly on the phone the day I booked our room. About 2 or 3 hours later Sue called back (which surprised me) informing me that the Haceata lighhthouse was having poor repairs and would make for very poor photos for a while. I couldn't believe the level of service I received from Sue. She was like my own travel planner there in Florence. Unfortunately this information also meant we would no longer be stopping in Florence. She said her first priority was making customers and happy, even if it meant we woouldn't be staying at their hotel. So we never stayed at their hotel, but these FOLKS CARE.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank photoguywisconsin
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Just got back from a one-night stay there and had some problems. First was that I wasn't happy with the room when I checked in -- it seemed smaller than depicted on the Internet. I went to the front desk and the folks there were resistant to refunding my money without a really strong justification (apparently "didn't like it" or "too small" were not adequate justification). We opted for a spa room (bigger) but could not stay 2 nights as it wasn't available. I'd have really fought harder to bail out, but in Florence, Ore. your alternatives are not great. So we stayed. I would say the front desk folks were fair in the end, not gracious, but fair.

The room itself was fine. You wouldn't mistake this room for upscale but it was comfortable. Bed was nice, there were nice places to sit, TV was a widescreen flat screen TV -- very nice! Lighting was okay but not tremendously bright for readers. The room was missing a few amenities like an iron and ironing board. Everything worked okay and the shower was great. All in all it was a comfortable room.

Except for one problem -- the neighbors above. They weren't rowdy or noisy. They were just walking around the room. And flushing the toilet. And running the spa. Normal stuff, but we could hear everything they did. We had to turn our TV volume up because the spa. We listened to every step, every use of a toilet or sink. So my recommendation is to bring earplugs. Maybe you'll be comfortable. Or hope you can get a second floor room. (If you do, tread lightly. Your neighbors below will love you for it!).

In the end it was a comfortable stay and I'd say the room was nice. Would I go back? In Florence you don't have many choices, so the answer might be Yes, only if I could get on the 2nd floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Our room at the River House Inn along the Siuslaw River was simply wonderful. But the cost compared to other coastal hotels made it a mixed experience.

In fairness, this was one of the finest rooms of our trip - very well appointed. The the deck overlooking the Siuslaw provided an amazing view of the sunrise reflecting on the sand dunes across the way.

It was also amazingly convenient - just 30 seconds off 101 and easy walking distance the block or two to restaurants and shops in Old Town. We had a wonderful dinner and drinks.

Our welcome greeting at the front desk was functional, no more. And while the facilities were for sure five star, we paid 50% more than any other hotel on our trip down the coast. Each one had an equally nice room and view.

While we thoroughly enjoyed the hotel itself and might well book it again, the cost dropped this one to average.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you have a river view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple