“Romantic and Updated”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Florence
Oregon Coast, Oregon
“Romantic and Updated”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last year and again this year, both times on the river view side. (We like Old Town Inn as well, when visiting Florence). The rooms have beautiful furnishings and the bridge view is SPECTACULAR. Very unique! The gentle lapping of the river water, against the shore, is calming. Enjoyed watching the birds too. The room is clean and the colors subtle. Simple breakfast with fruit, pastry, instant oatmeal and waffle maker. Excellent restaurants a block away (easy walk). Note: The bathroom and sink area is on the small side. Some bridge traffic can be heard during the day. Very little traffic at night.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MistyFog1
RIVERHOUSESUSAN, Manager at River House Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for your great review about our rooms and our breakfast. We are pleased that you enjoyed our community and your stay here at the River House Inn. I have to agree with you, the view is great and the river creates a calmness that is very relaxing.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed 11 March 2014

First let me say that I wish I could break my rating down more, I was just a quarter off from giving them 5 stars. With that said I would recommend that you seek out The River House Inn and book a room here before you go anywhere else. We stayed here from 27-Feb-2014 for 4 days and we first booked a river front room (rm 114) because it was our anniversary. The room was newly renovated and very clean and there was a Anniversary Card on the bed from the staff which was a very nice surprise, something most Motels/Hotels don't care to do and it shows that they took that extra step to make us feel special. Our second stay was on 6-Mar-2014 for 3 days and this time we took one of the non river view rooms (rm 103), again it was newly renovated and very clean. For us, we enjoyed the non river view room the most, it was quiet and roomier than the other one and suited us more. If you are sensitive to noises I would choose the non river view because there is some traffic noise on the bridge throughout the night and early morning. The river view room was awesome and it has a super view of the Bridge which is a must see and watching the river in the early morning is very calming. Oh and I don't want to forget the rubber duck in the bathroom, funny we kind of collect those little guys and you can purchase their "cousin" at the front desk, we bought two. Watch out for the shower head, it’s a little low on the wall and you have to duck down to get under it but they have great water pressure and plenty of hot water. It is within walking distance of the Old Town and there are plenty of shops, eateries and coffee shops there. up the hill on the main street is a Dairy Queen if you need a treat. They have laundry facilities, I think that it was 75 cents to wash and $1 to dry but the dryer doesn’t dry very good and you will have to go through 2 dry cycles to get a medium load really dry, they have soap to purchase at the front desk. There is a really good breakfast with juices, coffee, cereal, breads (but no bagels), pastries, milk, hard boiled eggs and my favorite fresh hot waffles. There is extra seating upstairs or trays to take your food to your room. The Staff is awesome and very friendly, there is a computer and printer in the front office, I used it to print off boarding passes. The only reason I didn’t give them a 5 is because next day after check in the room did not get straightened up. Trash was taken out on the first stay but the bed was not made and on the 2nd day the room wasn’t touched and we did have the do not disturb sign out until around 7 am but the staff was not out cleaning the rooms when we removed it. Otherwise when the rooms were cleaned daily they were spotless and you can tell that the staff takes pride in the job they do. That really is my only major complaint and like I said I gladly give them 4 ¾ stars

Room Tip: We found that the non river view rooms to be really quiet compaired to the river view due to the tra...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lindascamera
Thank you for your great review. We are pleased that you like our new amenities and the view of the river. We do pride ourselves on how clean our rooms are and we do try to keep our rooms up to date and clean. We do appreciate your return visit and all your great comments. Sorry to here about your stay over not getting your room straightened up, not sure what happened their, but hope to see again soon. That will give us an opportunity to prove our selves better next time.
Dorena, Oregon
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We have stayed at this lodging several times and each time it is a comfortable stay. We choose a river view room. The amenities are good, rooms are clean, staff is friendly and breakfast is fine. This is a great inn and town to take advantage of during Oregon winters. We like that good restaurants are within walking distance. Coast Jewelers is next door and Liz has some great custom pieces. We plan to stay at this inn soon again.

Room Tip: Choose a river view room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Yes, River House Inn does have a great location and we do have a lot of great little shops and restaurants with in a few minutes of walking. Yes indeed, Liz does have some unique pieces Coast Jewelers. Hope see you again soon. Thank you for your great review.
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Booked a spa room for a one stay for Valentines Day. Received a AAA discount. Very spacious room. Huge tub. Very comfortable bed. Big TV but standard definition feed. They should pony up the dough for an HD feed. Was on the bottom floor but still had a great view of the river. I didn't put the stopper on the hot tub drain right away and we ran out of hot water before we could fill the tub. I learned from my mistake and had a great soak in the morning. Satisfactory continental breakfast. Was within short walking distance of several, bars, restaurants, and coffee shops. Would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review and we are glad that you enjoyed our Spa room and view from your balcony. At this time, we are looking into an HD feed so hopefully it will come. Our goal her at River House is to help our guest have a great stay.
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Although I live in the delightful town of Florence, I had occasion to treat myself to a riverfront room with a spa! I was in the middle of moving out of one house and into a friend's house and storage until I can move into my new place on March 1. After an exhausting day of moving, I decided to treat my daughter and myself to a night of rest and relaxation at the River House Inn. We had a room overlooking the Siuslaw River and beautiful Bridge right off our balcony -- it was so peaceful. I took advantage of the spa to soak my sore muscles ... it was awesome. The room's decor was very upscale and comfortable, including excellent wi-fi connection, and a gigantic inch flat screen tv. In the morning, we visited the Breakfast area which had lots of choices from waffles to fresh fruit to pastries or cereal or yogurt just to name a few. The coffee was some of the best tasting hotel coffee I've ever had! I will definitely find a reason to come back and stay again and will tell my friends and relatives about this place for when they come to visit as my new house is too small :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your great review, we are pleased that we exceeded you expectations. We are in a great location on and we do have a lot of nice little shops and some great restaurants in Old Town.
Kenmore, Washington
Reviewed 6 February 2014

What a delight to find such an impressive inn! The room was well appointed and quite clean. The rubber ducky with my bath soaps was a sentimental addition that brought a smile to my face.. The staff were gracious and pointed out some great restaurants. It was nice to be within close walking distance of the town shops. We had a nice view of the river and the sand dunes in the distance. It was lovely to watch the birds and even a seal from the balcony, The breakfast provided, satisfied my sweet tooth and mypicky husband's preference for weight watcher friendly choices. We were so relaxed when we came home from our three night getaway. I hope to return often.

Room Tip: The rooms over looking the river are well worth the view afforded.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly M
I want to thank you for your most gracious response. We here at The River House Inn pride ourselves in our customer service, cleanliness of our rooms and the comfort of our guest. I am glad you enjoyed the Rubber Duckies and soaps. The Rubber Ducks are their to bring a smile to our guest, glad it worked. We want to thank you for using River House Inn as your place of stay and look forward to seeing you again.
Brookings, Oregon
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is a fairly simple, but very comfortable Inn/motel located on the Siuslaw River about halfway to California on the Oregon coast. We had a first floor, river view, with balcony, very comfortable bed, and good space. The room was spotless, shower hot, and WiFi access excellent. There is a continental breakfast available, which is simple, but good. For dinner the night we arrived we ate at the Waterfront Bistro, which was excellent and very reasonable, and less than 5 min walk from the Inn.

Room Tip: No elevators, so rooms on the first floor are easier to access. River view is just lovely.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yogaman1234
RIVERHOUSESUSAN, Manager at River House Inn, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
I want to thank you for your most gracious review. We here at The River House Inn pride ourselves in our customer service, cleanliness of our rooms and the comfort of our guest. Yes, River House Inn does have a great location and we do have a lot of great little shops and restaurants with in a few minutes of walking. Those shops and restaurants also have really good customers service as well. Again, thank you for you great comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Old Town Inn
#11 of 13 in Florence
Adobe Resort
Adobe Resort
#5 of 11 in Yachats

Been to River House Inn? Share your experiences!