“Good not great!”

Sandpines Golf Course
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I guess rating a course is relevant to what you have played. We played this course while stopping in .florence and found it to be OK but certainly not the 41/2 star that it was rated. I would say more of a 31/2 star. It was a good track but the fairways and greens were spotty. It was an s enrage course but paid $80 a person for an average course. Not worth it!!

2  Thank kmik1110
There are newer reviews for Sandpines Golf Course

Reviewed 3 August 2013

This is a great course that is a good value alternative to Bandon Dunes. It plays well for the recreational player and a bit more serious. The Links type layout has mounds and sand traps on every hole it seems, but is laid out in a way that allows the golfer to avoid trouble - even with a mis-hit. Now the fairway bunkers are punitive as they are deep and big. The sand is fine and easy to hit out of. Just do it right! I found the condition of the course good on most accounts. The fairways are in good condition - mowed fairly tight. The rough is almost too easy - like I said, good for the recreational player. They do need to do some weed control on the rough. Greens were slow in the morning, but ran fast in the pm. All except one ran true - can't say that about many $55 courses these days. The wind is a killer, so play early and take your chances with the fog. After noon, the wind blows 15-20 mph with higher gusts. Takes the high fade of draw and makes them big slices or hooks.

All in all, I give this 4+ stars. The value is great for NW residents, and easy easily walkable. I highly recommend the course. Even if you don't score well (like me today!), you will appreciate the course, the nice people working there and the overall experience. The next time you play Bandon Dunes, take an extra day and drive the 90 minutes to Sandpines. I promise you won't be sorry.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

we had a 8:oo tee time on sunday morning and when we arrived at the course there was 1 car.
hmmm where is everyone? we checked in, went to hit a couple of rangeballs and off to the first tee. didn't see anyone until a single caught us on #8 and we let him in front us at #10. never saw anyone until we got in @11:30. 20 cars or so , guess the locals like to play late. will go back.
one negative is they discount for oregon and washington but not california.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We plan our coast trips around the weather so we can play Sandpines. We are both o.k. golfers and both love Sandpines. We try to play it twice a year. We find it to be fair, challenging and picturesque. Each hole is unique. I know that, as in the case of most coastal courses, bad weather is the standard.. I don't ever want to take that challenge ,,, we always plan our trip around the weather being good.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We loved Sandpines. Beautiful, interesting and big expansive greens. Lots of water and big big sand traps. Best of all, we had a fantastic veggie wrap at the turn. We were thrilled to find such a healthy lunch. All in all, it was a great experience EXCEPT that there was no Marshall to be had either day we played. We did not appreciate that there was a fivesome in front of us playing a scramble, which held up our play and those behind us.