“The real meaning of "a happy meal"”

Los Compadres Taqueria
Ranked #23 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My family "invaded" this clean small restaurant. It was full, which gave me a good feeling. We waited until some diners finished their lunch and noted the friendly atmosphere and good looking platters. When it was our turn, the owner arranged the seating for six (2 grandchildren, two children, my wife and me). I suggested that this would be a good time for my grandchildren to practice their Spanish. The owner obliged with a smile and good humor. Ordering was, to say the least, an interesting bi-lingual experience. The food came. It was wonderful! Large, beautifully prepared portions of home made food. Believe me, you can order anything on the menu and walk away happy and full. It's a good thing, for me, that I was only passing through. If I lived nearby my new nickname would be "el gordo".

There are newer reviews for Los Compadres Taqueria

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Serves real Mexican food that you've never tasted at other restaurants. Its so good it makes you wonder why others don't serve it. If your in the area it is a mandatory stop. Forget overpriced touristy fish places. Have a comforting home cooked meal by people who will treat you like one of the family.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is not Mexico...no pipian or tinga, no elaborate moles, no nopalitos or ceviche. But what they DO serve is well prepared and very tasty. The service is great, the place is clean and comfortable, the vibe is friendly, and they have horchata, my favorite agua fresca!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We ate here on our way to see the dunes and were so impressed with the food and service. Delicious, home-cooked burritos and very friendly staff. The prices make this place a great value too. We will definitely return on our next trip to the coast.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is an excellent family owned and run business. We are locals who return again and again. The owners treat everyone like family. Great tacos if you're looking for a bargain, great torta just like food cart in Mexico!