“Yummy and affordable”

Los Compadres Taqueria
Ranked #23 of 95 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Great tacos (fish, carne asada, chicken) with fresh lime, onion, and cilantro for just $2.25 - 2.50 each.

Super friendly service in this cute, tiny place.

Definitely great for a stop.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a walk in, go to the counter, order your food, pay for your food, go to a table, and wait for your order.
No atmosphere, just linoleum floor, tables and chairs.
Pretty quick service. They sell beer also which is good.
Now for the food... Excellent. Good selection and very tasty. This is a definite PLUS place to stop for a quick Mexican lunch when in Florence.
The 5 Star rating I gave it is well deserved!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I've been to Florence twice, and eaten here both times! Of all the places we checked out in town, this establishment definitely felt the most genuine, welcoming, affordable, and DELICIOUS! No complaints - it's our go-to!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

The building is a simple 1930s vintage. I hasn't had much remodeling since and for some loyal local patrons that actually lends to the atmosphere the place. Another draw is the charm of the owner who attends diners like they were the only ones on Earth. Food is some of the best Mexican you'll get. Even though I have another favorite Mexican restaurant in town I enjoy coming here for a pleasant change as there is difference in style. Can't go wrong here if you enjoy good Mexican food.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

My family "invaded" this clean small restaurant. It was full, which gave me a good feeling. We waited until some diners finished their lunch and noted the friendly atmosphere and good looking platters. When it was our turn, the owner arranged the seating for six (2 grandchildren, two children, my wife and me). I suggested that this would be a good time for my grandchildren to practice their Spanish. The owner obliged with a smile and good humor. Ordering was, to say the least, an interesting bi-lingual experience. The food came. It was wonderful! Large, beautifully prepared portions of home made food. Believe me, you can order anything on the menu and walk away happy and full. It's a good thing, for me, that I was only passing through. If I lived nearby my new nickname would be "el gordo".