“Sushi wagon”

A Taste of Hawaii
Ranked #8 of 95 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great sushi here. Friendly owners, food made while you wait. A real taste of hawaii. Everyone we have talked to loves this place!

1  Thank rozaire

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This review is for the yellow Taste of Hawaii food truck (there are very helpful directions -- thank you! --given by reviewer half-Brit earlier in this string). Imagine our surprise to find a touch of aloha at this place that obviously has very happy regular customers. Fried mahi was excellent -- as good as any plate lunch I've had on Maui or Kauai. We ordered to go and took our big lunches down to eat by the river in Old Town. Just right. If I lived in the area, I would be a regular, too.

2  Thank cascadehkr8
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Okay, burger lovers! Craving for that 1/2lb burger? This food truck has an AWESOME burger! Fresh! Tasty! Mammoth! and the BUN holds it together! I would consider this burger as one of the best in Florence, Oregon!

1  Thank E T
Reviewed 28 May 2014

To address half-Brit's questions on an earlier review, "A Taste of Hawaii" is the current name. It was "Aloha Sushi....." when they were in a restaurant (2 different locations). And yes, their names are Christian and Natashia.

I eat at "A Taste of Hawaii" at last once a week. I have sampled all of their plate lunches and they are all FANTASTIC and VERY authentic compared with what I have eaten on three trips to Maui. Their "Loco Moco" is the BEST I have ever eaten!! But today's review is about burgers!!

I just finished (barely) a "Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burger", and all I can say is I never want this taste to leave my mouth!!. This monster hand formed beef patty (all of their burgers are HUGE!!) comes topped with cheese, two fried eggs and three strips of thick sliced bacon, as well as all the "normal" toppings (onion, tomato, lettuce) and "special sauce. It is without a doubt, the messiest and best burger I have ever eaten!!

Do yourself a favor and take along a friend and share one of the these bad boys!! Just make sure you bring LOTS of napkins because you will need them!!!

I too would advise calling in your order ahead of time (541-991-1071) if you are in a hurry. The LONGEST I have ever waited for a meal was their Katsu Chicken which took about 15 minutes to prepare.

1  Thank dengay
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My review is for the Food Truck called "A Taste of Hawaii".

The menu we were given calls the business "A Taste Of Hawaii", which is the same name that is on their website! 541-991-1071

Perhaps there is some confusion over the name of this restaurant? I'm not sure where the name "Aloha Sushi" came from? The "Taste of Hawaii" food truck is located right along Highway 101 in Florence, in front of the Old Schoolhouse on the east side of the road. It's a bright yellow and polished aluminum truck and is easy to spot.

This was our first time eating here but won't be our last!

I ordered the Volcano Chicken, which is grilled chicken with a sweet glaze, served on sauteed cabbage. It came with stir fried veggies, rice and macaroni salad. My husband had the Panko fried Mahi Mahi, also served with veggies, rice and macaroni salad.

In a word... Deeeeelicious!

We were both a little leery about the macaroni salad since it's far down on our list of food we like, but theirs was really good. It has some kind of seasoning that is a little 'bitey' but the flavour is excellent.

Portions are large. We had leftovers, which is unusual for us, LOL!

There is only one picnic table there. The day we were there it was pretty darn windy and the breeze was quite cool. We didn't want to eat in the car, so we drove north a few miles and found a spot at a park with a table that was sheltered from the wind.

It did take quite awhile to get our order (about 35-40 minutes) but apparently other folks know to call in their order ahead of time. They do not accept credit cards. They are open from about noon until the food runs out sometime in the early evening, closed Mondays.

This is a two-person restaurant. It's owned by Christian and Natasha, I believe their names are. Both were very friendly and helpful.

There is plenty of room for RVs. Going northbound, go across the bridge then turn right at the light - I believe it's Rhododendron Drive - then exit out the north end of the parking lot. If you're going southbound, go past Hwy 126, then turn left at the little side road on the north end of the big old schoolhouse - I think that is 6th Street, no signal - and you can exit out the south, using the light so you can easily turn southbound.

Great food :-)