“Good Hawaiian food and the burgers are great too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of A Taste of Hawaii

A Taste of Hawaii
Ranked #8 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Florence, Oregon, United States
“Good Hawaiian food and the burgers are great too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

These guys go out of their way to fix what you want, I usually like to get the volcano chicken with veggies, however I did try their egg burger awhile back, the burger is huge, a meal in itself! If you like Hawaiian food and want to eat on the go this is the place. They do usually have a picnic table, if you want to sit and eat it there. My wife usually gets the hippie wrap, when they have the tofu, or the veggie sushi rolls. Worth trying if your on the go and like to try some good tasting Hawaiian food!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Michael C

Florence, Oregon
“Sushi wagon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great sushi here. Friendly owners, food made while you wait. A real taste of hawaii. Everyone we have talked to loves this place!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank rozaire
Washington State
“Terrific for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This review is for the yellow Taste of Hawaii food truck (there are very helpful directions -- thank you! --given by reviewer half-Brit earlier in this string). Imagine our surprise to find a touch of aloha at this place that obviously has very happy regular customers. Fried mahi was excellent -- as good as any plate lunch I've had on Maui or Kauai. We ordered to go and took our big lunches down to eat by the river in Old Town. Just right. If I lived in the area, I would be a regular, too.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank cascadehkr8
Oregon
“One of the BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Okay, burger lovers! Craving for that 1/2lb burger? This food truck has an AWESOME burger! Fresh! Tasty! Mammoth! and the BUN holds it together! I would consider this burger as one of the best in Florence, Oregon!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank E T
Florence, Oregon
“Best Food in Florence, PERIOD!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

To address half-Brit's questions on an earlier review, "A Taste of Hawaii" is the current name. It was "Aloha Sushi....." when they were in a restaurant (2 different locations). And yes, their names are Christian and Natashia.

I eat at "A Taste of Hawaii" at last once a week. I have sampled all of their plate lunches and they are all FANTASTIC and VERY authentic compared with what I have eaten on three trips to Maui. Their "Loco Moco" is the BEST I have ever eaten!! But today's review is about burgers!!

I just finished (barely) a "Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burger", and all I can say is I never want this taste to leave my mouth!!. This monster hand formed beef patty (all of their burgers are HUGE!!) comes topped with cheese, two fried eggs and three strips of thick sliced bacon, as well as all the "normal" toppings (onion, tomato, lettuce) and "special sauce. It is without a doubt, the messiest and best burger I have ever eaten!!

Do yourself a favor and take along a friend and share one of the these bad boys!! Just make sure you bring LOTS of napkins because you will need them!!!

I too would advise calling in your order ahead of time (541-991-1071) if you are in a hurry. The LONGEST I have ever waited for a meal was their Katsu Chicken which took about 15 minutes to prepare.

• Visited May 2014