“Most awesome motel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Florence
Albany, Oregon
“Most awesome motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I wanted to celebrate our anniversary on the Oregon coast. Particularly Florence. So Googled motels and found Ocean Breeze Motel, read the reviews and decided to book it. Upon our arrival we were greeted noisily by Jack, sight unseen but enthusiastic all the same. The owners Jacquie and Keven checked us in complete with doggie linens for our 2- 4 legged critters. What a treat! They're own bedding and towels!! It is so nice to be able to find pet friendly rooms let alone a fenced in area for them. We hardly ever travel without them. The room was awesome, quiet and VERY clean! Will be back??@ Most definitely!!!! Thank you so very for everything!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacquie P, Manager at Ocean Breeze Motel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you so Very much for your wonderful review! I love the title- "Most Awesome Motel"! We're so glad you spent your anniversary with us, and that we were able to provide everything you needed, from the VERY clean room to the pet linens and the pet area. Jack does get excited when new people come in, he wants to meet everyone and say hi too. It's funny, because now some people know him by name and ask to meet him. He loves the attention. We certainly do hope that you will come back to see us again, and once again, thank you so much!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Springfield, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had a wonderful stay. Bed was very comfortable. Room was spotless. Staff very friendly.
Renovations were beautifully done. They spared no expense.
We look forward to another visit. I've stayed at many locations on the Oregon coast and this is by far my favorite.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacquie P, Manager at Ocean Breeze Motel, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review!! It's always fantastic to hear that someone else loves this place as much as we do. Thanks for letting others know that your bed was so comfortable and that your room was spotless! We think our little place is beautiful, and are so happy to hear that you do too! We certainly do hope you'll come back and visit us, we look forward to seeing you all again! Thank you again for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. We really do appreciate it!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We had stayed at the Ocean Breeze in the past when looking for a pet friendly motel. Since our last stay, Ken and Jacquie took it over and their care and caring are evident. We had a lovely stay with our two good-sized dogs. Pets are supplied with sheets and towels. The grounds are beautiful, including a fenced in pet area along with a large open area, complete with bags. There is a fire pit on the grounds as well. The rooms are clean. Not only is there a coffee maker in the room, but Jacquie and Ken provide coffee outside the office starting at 6:30 a.m.

Once I saw the grounds, I regretted not bringing a jump or two to practice agility with one of my dogs. Ken and Jacquie went out of their way to round up items I could use to make jumps. Above and beyond indeed. Then after we had left, I got a phone call that they had found an earring in the room. It was an earring I'd lost and was bemoaning. Fortunately we were still in Florence so came back for it. I had left something in the room when the previous owner had the motel and the experience was far different. For Ken and Jacquie to look up my number and call, even though they may have assumed we were well on the way back to Eugene, was an example of what they are like. The Ocean Breeze is a modest motel -- if you're looking for luxury, go elsewhere. But if you are looking for a quiet, attractive, comfy, clean place run by the nicest people, this is the spot.

Room Tip: Room 6 is one of a few that has a wall between the room and parking lot for more privacy.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacquie P, Manager at Ocean Breeze Motel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
What an incredible review! Thank you so much!! I'm so happy to hear that your stay with us was so wonderful. We are always more than happy to try our best at making sure our guests are happy and comfortable! I was very happy that you were able to come back and get your earring...it's so easy while you're packing up to miss something, and we always try to get ahold of a guest before they get too far away. Those things DO matter to us. Thank you for mentioning how clean our rooms and yards are- our entire team works hard to make sure everything, inside and out, is just right. We are coffee drinkers too, and we know that there is never enough in the mornings, so we make sure to get you filled up! We enjoyed your visit, and look forward to seeing you all the next time you come through!!
Springfield, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My sweety and i were planing a Valentine gettaway. We researched hotels and motels before we left. We decided on Ocean Breeze purely based on the reviews. Jacquie and Kevin delivered! Super clean and comfy. We are definitely coming back this summer!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacquie P, Manager at Ocean Breeze Motel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a great review! We certainly enjoyed meeting you all and visiting with you. I'm so glad that our reviews led you to us, and that you found them to be true! We love hearing that our guests enjoyed their stay with us, and are glad to hear you found your room to be so clean and comfortable. The Thank You card you left for us was just incredible- really made my day!! Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

What an amazing stay my son ,his wife,their 2 small dogs and I had at this motel. I don't know how much more I can add to the excellent reviews except I found them all true. The room was so clean and clean and fresh smelling for being a pet friendly room. We spent the night there on 2/13/14 came in about an hour early and we spent about a 1/2 hour in the office with Jackie as she fell in love with my sons' dogs and couldn't get enough of them as we all talked and laughed at the little clowns wanting all the attention, there is no doubt how much they love dogs. If you want a home town feeling this is it. They also showed us places to go in Florence and how to get there. They told us which places had the best food for the money. the motel is only about 1 mile out . We met their dog also, who was just as happy and friendly as they are. They kept checking with us when we were there to make sure we didn't need anything. what outstanding personal service. The motel grounds were spotless and for being right on 101 it was quiet at night and I got a good nights sleep. We had #4 that had the separation wall and door which was great for privacy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacquie P, Manager at Ocean Breeze Motel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you so much for such an outstanding review! It means a lot to us when folks take the time to let us know how their stay was. I'm so happy to hear that your stay was 'amazing'. We really did enjoy meeting you all, and those two 'kids' were so wonderful! Thanks for letting others know that our pet rooms are so clean and smell great- we know that can be an issue and we have run into it at other places. We try to make sure ALL our rooms are that clean, pet rooms or not. We also try to make sure we have the information you need to make your stay as great as it can be. We are pretty proud of the large pet area we have, and are glad you all enjoyed the grounds as well. We enjoy providing that personal touch on everything we do. Thank you so much again, and we certainly look forward to seeing you all again!!
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I booked a single night stay for February 1, 2014 on my way to the redwood forest. I was impressed with the attention to detail that goes way above and beyond expectations. The property appears to be recently renovated and is impeccably clean. The owners, Kevin and Jacquie, love dogs and provide plenty of amenities to make your pet's stay just as comfortable as yours.

Unfortunately the day I left the redwood forest a huge snowstorm hit, and I was trapped on the coast. Florence appeared to be unscathed by the freeze and I couldn't think of a better place to be while I waited it out. So I made it a point to drive back to Ocean Breeze for 2 more nights.

Sometimes a motel can be a destination in itself. This is one of those places. It's also very close to the Honeyman State Park where you can enjoy the sand dunes. I will definitely return in the summer!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacquie P, Manager at Ocean Breeze Motel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
We just can't say thank you enough for taking the time to write such an incredible review!! I'm almost speechless! Wow. It means so much to us when people notice those 'little things' we do! It's not just a job, we genuinely enjoy providing impeccably clean rooms, and making sure all of our guests, including the four legged ones!, are as comfortable as possible. We do love dogs, and your little guy is just a gem. There's not a higher compliment then driving back to stay with us again on the same trip- we are so glad you did too! Thank you for mentioning how close we are to Honeyman and the dunes- we think our location is perfect for getting out and seeing the beautiful area around us. We are only a mile from Florence too, plenty close enough to enjoy Old Town and all it has to offer. Thank you so much again, we enjoyed getting to know you all, and we certainly look forward to seeing you when you visit with us again!
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at this motel on 2/2 & 2/3/2014. What a great place, clean, quiet and very reasonable. Jacquie and Kevin are great hosts and want your stay to be pleasant. Be sure and ask to see their friendly dog, Jack, he'll give you a great huggie greeting. This is the place to stay in Florence!

Room Tip: Depends on if you are traveling with a pet. If so, then one of the lower number rooms is closer to...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacquie P, Manager at Ocean Breeze Motel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Oh wow, thank you so much for your great review!! It means so much to each one of us- including Jack! I'm so glad you enjoyed your room and all that we have to offer- we really, really do love taking care of our guests! From making sure our rooms are super clean to making sure our four legged guests are taken care of- its a standard we will not back down from. Thanks for mentioning how reasonable our prices are too! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, it was wonderful to meet you all ( and the two 'kids'). We look forward to seeing you all again!