“Perfect except…”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Florence
Eugene, Oregon
“Perfect except…”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We have stayed here twice, and loved almost everything about it. The rooms are comfortable, updated, clean, and have good electrical and plumbing. Lights where you need them, good mattress. Friendly owners, quiet location. The price is right.
BUT, please, too much fragrance! I can still smell the "freshener" 3 days later! We will give this place one another try someday, but it is hard to recommend it if the perfumey smell is a permanent feature.

Room Tip: They have pet/no pet rooms. All are non-smoking, and that includes marijuana.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacquie P, Manager at Ocean Breeze Motel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfortable, updated, clean rooms. I'm glad that you liked the comfortable mattress, and that you found Kevin and myself to be so friendly. The one thing that bothered you bothers us as well! I'm not sure what the perfumed smell was, but had we known that this was a problem, we would certainly have tried to fix it for you! We always want our guests to let us know if they have any concerns about anything while they are with us, that way we can fix whatever the problem is so that they can have a comfortable stay with us. I will personally check into this, and see what can be done to make sure your next visit is absolutely perfect.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband did all the planning for our anniversary trip. My only request was there had to be sand. We ended up in Florence OR staying at the Ocean Breeze Motel. Everything about the motel is awesome! Jackie and her husband are wonderful hosts! The service was great, the rooms were super clean and quiet. There were towels made into swans with their beaks touching on our bed, with a basket of chocolate and balloons for our anniversary. The hotel was very pet friendly to the point they provided linens for your pet! I have never had that happen before. There was a separate grass area and a fenced area for dogs. It's located within a mile or so of the "Old downtown" shopping area. Tons of shops and places to eat in town. It's also very close to the entrance of the sand dunes. We are planning another trip down 101, this time on the Harley. We will be staying at the Ocean Breeze Motel when we get back to Florence!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacquie P, Manager at Ocean Breeze Motel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for an incredible review!! We are so happy to hear how great your stay with us was! We really enjoy doing those extra things for guests- I'm glad you enjoyed your little anniversary surprise from us!! And we're always happy to hear that our guests enjoy how dog friendly we are, from the wonderful dog park we have down to the linens we provide for them. We really do want our 4 legged guests to be comfortable too! Thank you for mentioning how super clean our rooms are, how close we are to the dunes and to Old Town. We are right in the middle of it all. We certainly do hope you will come back and see us again, we look forward to it!!!
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I wanted to celebrate our anniversary on the Oregon coast. Particularly Florence. So Googled motels and found Ocean Breeze Motel, read the reviews and decided to book it. Upon our arrival we were greeted noisily by Jack, sight unseen but enthusiastic all the same. The owners Jacquie and Keven checked us in complete with doggie linens for our 2- 4 legged critters. What a treat! They're own bedding and towels!! It is so nice to be able to find pet friendly rooms let alone a fenced in area for them. We hardly ever travel without them. The room was awesome, quiet and VERY clean! Will be back??@ Most definitely!!!! Thank you so very for everything!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacquie P, Manager at Ocean Breeze Motel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you so Very much for your wonderful review! I love the title- "Most Awesome Motel"! We're so glad you spent your anniversary with us, and that we were able to provide everything you needed, from the VERY clean room to the pet linens and the pet area. Jack does get excited when new people come in, he wants to meet everyone and say hi too. It's funny, because now some people know him by name and ask to meet him. He loves the attention. We certainly do hope that you will come back to see us again, and once again, thank you so much!
Springfield, Oregon
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had a wonderful stay. Bed was very comfortable. Room was spotless. Staff very friendly.
Renovations were beautifully done. They spared no expense.
We look forward to another visit. I've stayed at many locations on the Oregon coast and this is by far my favorite.

• Stayed February 2014
Jacquie P, Manager at Ocean Breeze Motel, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review!! It's always fantastic to hear that someone else loves this place as much as we do. Thanks for letting others know that your bed was so comfortable and that your room was spotless! We think our little place is beautiful, and are so happy to hear that you do too! We certainly do hope you'll come back and visit us, we look forward to seeing you all again! Thank you again for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. We really do appreciate it!
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We had stayed at the Ocean Breeze in the past when looking for a pet friendly motel. Since our last stay, Ken and Jacquie took it over and their care and caring are evident. We had a lovely stay with our two good-sized dogs. Pets are supplied with sheets and towels. The grounds are beautiful, including a fenced in pet area along with a large open area, complete with bags. There is a fire pit on the grounds as well. The rooms are clean. Not only is there a coffee maker in the room, but Jacquie and Ken provide coffee outside the office starting at 6:30 a.m.

Once I saw the grounds, I regretted not bringing a jump or two to practice agility with one of my dogs. Ken and Jacquie went out of their way to round up items I could use to make jumps. Above and beyond indeed. Then after we had left, I got a phone call that they had found an earring in the room. It was an earring I'd lost and was bemoaning. Fortunately we were still in Florence so came back for it. I had left something in the room when the previous owner had the motel and the experience was far different. For Ken and Jacquie to look up my number and call, even though they may have assumed we were well on the way back to Eugene, was an example of what they are like. The Ocean Breeze is a modest motel -- if you're looking for luxury, go elsewhere. But if you are looking for a quiet, attractive, comfy, clean place run by the nicest people, this is the spot.

Room Tip: Room 6 is one of a few that has a wall between the room and parking lot for more privacy.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacquie P, Manager at Ocean Breeze Motel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
What an incredible review! Thank you so much!! I'm so happy to hear that your stay with us was so wonderful. We are always more than happy to try our best at making sure our guests are happy and comfortable! I was very happy that you were able to come back and get your earring...it's so easy while you're packing up to miss something, and we always try to get ahold of a guest before they get too far away. Those things DO matter to us. Thank you for mentioning how clean our rooms and yards are- our entire team works hard to make sure everything, inside and out, is just right. We are coffee drinkers too, and we know that there is never enough in the mornings, so we make sure to get you filled up! We enjoyed your visit, and look forward to seeing you all the next time you come through!!
Springfield, Oregon
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My sweety and i were planing a Valentine gettaway. We researched hotels and motels before we left. We decided on Ocean Breeze purely based on the reviews. Jacquie and Kevin delivered! Super clean and comfy. We are definitely coming back this summer!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacquie P, Manager at Ocean Breeze Motel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a great review! We certainly enjoyed meeting you all and visiting with you. I'm so glad that our reviews led you to us, and that you found them to be true! We love hearing that our guests enjoyed their stay with us, and are glad to hear you found your room to be so clean and comfortable. The Thank You card you left for us was just incredible- really made my day!! Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed 16 February 2014

What an amazing stay my son ,his wife,their 2 small dogs and I had at this motel. I don't know how much more I can add to the excellent reviews except I found them all true. The room was so clean and clean and fresh smelling for being a pet friendly room. We spent the night there on 2/13/14 came in about an hour early and we spent about a 1/2 hour in the office with Jackie as she fell in love with my sons' dogs and couldn't get enough of them as we all talked and laughed at the little clowns wanting all the attention, there is no doubt how much they love dogs. If you want a home town feeling this is it. They also showed us places to go in Florence and how to get there. They told us which places had the best food for the money. the motel is only about 1 mile out . We met their dog also, who was just as happy and friendly as they are. They kept checking with us when we were there to make sure we didn't need anything. what outstanding personal service. The motel grounds were spotless and for being right on 101 it was quiet at night and I got a good nights sleep. We had #4 that had the separation wall and door which was great for privacy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Jacquie P, Manager at Ocean Breeze Motel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you so much for such an outstanding review! It means a lot to us when folks take the time to let us know how their stay was. I'm so happy to hear that your stay was 'amazing'. We really did enjoy meeting you all, and those two 'kids' were so wonderful! Thanks for letting others know that our pet rooms are so clean and smell great- we know that can be an issue and we have run into it at other places. We try to make sure ALL our rooms are that clean, pet rooms or not. We also try to make sure we have the information you need to make your stay as great as it can be. We are pretty proud of the large pet area we have, and are glad you all enjoyed the grounds as well. We enjoy providing that personal touch on everything we do. Thank you so much again, and we certainly look forward to seeing you all again!!