“Nice”
Review of Le Chateau Motel

Le Chateau Motel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 20 June 2014

After stopping at two other motels that were $100+ a night (it was a June weekend), we found Le Chateau Motel for $80/night for two people. The room was spacious with a micro, fridge, TV, queen bed and a nice bathroom. Continental breakfast was included. Bed was clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly. Only con was the noise, it sits right next to two roads and there was some noise from other guests, but overall I recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank taragem72

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed for a night in August. It included a terrific continental breakfast (juice, coffee, tea, toast, cereal... I can't remember if there was yoghurt...) which we were able to eat outside by the pool at a table. Nice way to start the day.
The room and furniture are dated but that's ok as the bed and roomwas comfortable. Has a big tv... The rate was awesome!
There is a pool there and I wished we had time to have used it. The pool is outdoors and surrounded by some motel rooms so, you cannot see it from the road. It was a hot day when we arrived and the pool area looked festive and inviting.
The staff were very friendly.
The location is about a 10-15 minute walk to town or a 2 minute drive.

Room Tip: If you can get a room in the pool courtyard, you may not hear the Hwy 101 traffic.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Avg_40ish_woman
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This neat little motel has an AWESOME heated swimming pool that I had nearly to myself during a week in July. It's on a very busy street and a bit too far to walk into the very nice little shopping and dining downtown area to give it a good rating. The rate was a little high for the dated nature of the rooms - which were a good size, though - and the location. The continental breakfast was okay but not great. If you pick up one of those small local guide magazines before you pay, you may find a coupon. I found one after I'd paid but they wouldn't honor it, which didn't impress me, either. Still, the pool and the hot tub made a big impression on me, and I'm sure kids especially would like the pool. - Florence has some excellent restaurants along the river!

Room Tip: If you choose a room on the south side you can park fairly close and are near the hot tub.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean and comfortable. There was a closed in smell when we first got there but after 5 minutes with the windows open it was gone. WiFi worked at night but we were unable to connect in the morning. Overall, it's a nice place. There is a pool, sauna, and spa. Fridge, microwave and hair dryer in the room.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank EDetloff
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed for one night at this motel as we passed through Florence. Part of the pull for us was the hot tub. It was always at least half full but we did get some soaking time. The breakfast was above average - the usual muffins, bagels, etc, but they were of a higher quality and not like the plastic wrapped danishes you get at some places. I'd stay again next time I'm in Florence!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jasmine W
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Rooms are old which was not the problem. The customer service was the problem. My parents, my brother and me and my son went out to Florence to celebrate my son's birthday. We took him Crab fishing. When we checked into the hotel she gave me all the particulars and times everything was available. She said there were hot drinks all night in the lobby, I looked over and said coffee? she said yes. Well we went out crabbing till about 7:30, 8:00, and then to safeway to pick up a birthday cake, and picked up some pizza. Came back to the Hotel and ate pizza, then we were going to have cake so we went to the lobby, this was about 10. We went to get 4 cups of coffee, to go with the cake and warm up. There was only 1 cup left and I asked if we could get more coffee, She said so I guess you want me to make more, we don't usually make any past 9. I said that would be nice we have my sons birthday cake and would love coffee. She responded NICE TIME TO DO THAT, but I guess I will.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Cheryl E
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I've stayed at this motel for several yrs. Happened on it by chance one night when I was traveling with my grandsons. Every place to stay including campgrounds were full and we were able to get the last room.
Have returned many times, solo and with family
I stay in the older section and have always found the rooms to be clean and everything in working condition.
Hubby fell in the shower and broke the lid to the toilet. He let the staff know and asked about paying for the damage - no charge "accidents happen".
Had one problem with the remote once and it was fixed immediately.
One night had guest above me with 4 dogs about 4am they began fighting I called the desk and it again was handled.
I also travel with my service dog and right behind the facility is a nature trail perfect for walking her.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family