“Very tasty and nice dining experience”

Bridgewater Ocean Fresh Fish House and Zebra Bar
Ranked #3 of 95 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Eclectic cuisine featuring healthy freshly prepared house made choices. Steaks, seafood, salads, pasta, pizza, vegan . Fun specialty drinks & huge wine selection. Micro brews.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We really wanted some good seafood and were very happy with their menu. We were at the restaurant after the lunch rush so we didn't see any lines. We first remarked that the chairs were very comfy - we had been walking a lot that day. My husband ordered the whole dungeness crab and said it was the best crab he'd ever had. I had the mussels and clams appetizer as a main dish and they were cooked to perfection. We shared an appetizer of smoked salmon with cream cheese, capers, and onions on sour dough bread. Everything was fresh and delicious. Service was good.

2  Thank HarvestMoon
Christine D, Owner at Bridgewater Ocean Fresh Fish House and Zebra Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Harvest Moon. Glad you found our restaurant a nice place to sit down and enjoy a good meal! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I ordered a bloody mary cause I seen one being made and it looked scrumptious. Well it was so horrible I didnt drink even half all you could taste was horseradish and I mean STRAIGHT HORSERADISH! It was awful ruined my lunch I couldn't even eat.

Christine D, Owner at Bridgewater Ocean Fresh Fish House and Zebra Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Oh Susan I'm so sorry about your bloody Mary! It should have never been overwhelming with horseradish! Did you let your server know? Please email me at info@bridgewaterfishhouse.com , so I can address this matter. Thank you

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We started out with 2 cod fish n chips, then shared a cobbler for dessert. The staff was friendly and attentive to our needs, we usually opt for the vegetarian menu as they have some nice choices, the fish was a nice change. Good job to the chef and crew!

Thank you Michael , I'll let everyone know you were pleased! It means the world to us! Appreciate you taking time to post on TA.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were looking for a great place for lunch in Florence and were in the Elk's thrift shop. We asked the cashier where to eat and had an overwhelming response from everyone in the place. They all said that we MUST eat at Bridgewater. Who could turn down such recommendations. It all starts with the building, which is historic, over 100 years old and nicely decorated. The staff were very welcoming and the service was just right. We had a spectacular seafood pasta, which was over the top full of shrimp, fish and mussels. There was enough for two people and this is something I would order over and over. We also had a shrimp melt, which ended up being two meals due to the size. You have a choice of salad, fries, slaw or onion rings. Our friends at the Elk's said that we must try the onion rings. The side that came with the sandwich were enough for the three of us and were huge, lightly breaded and fried. Not greasy and so tasty. I overheard a woman at the next table exclaim, "these are the best fish and chips I have ever had!". She was right. A plate amply filled with loads of fries and exactly rightly breaded fish that was so tender and tasty. We did not have dessert because we were stuffed, but the marionberry pie looked amazing. The sourdough bread and the garlic toast that come with the meals was delicious. They fly the bread in from San Francisco three times a week and heat it up before serving. So tasty and fresh. Located right in the old town of Florence, this is a place not to be missed!

Dear Steve, we're glad you gave us a shot and were PLEASED!!! Thank you SO MUCH for posting a great review about the Bridgewater. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Enjoyable dinner, great service, bar has good selection, well located in the old town, perfect for drinks or a meal

Dear Brendan, all the way from Australia? Wow! Thank you for writing about our restaurant. We are glad you had a nice time! Happy Travels