“Great food, ok service, but a good choice to have dinner in Florence”

Bridgewater Ocean Fresh Fish House and Zebra Bar
Ranked #3 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Eclectic cuisine featuring healthy freshly prepared house made choices. Steaks, seafood, salads, pasta, pizza, vegan . Fun specialty drinks & huge wine selection. Micro brews.
“Great food, ok service, but a good choice to have dinner in Florence”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We just got back from eating at Bridgewater...and it was great!

The food was very tasty, variety of choices, well prepared and presented. The shrimp and scallop skewers are a definite tip, and the cioppino is to die for. The best we've had since our vacation on the US West Coast. I've had better Lobster Alfredo, but it was still a good dish.
You wíll be overloaded with garlic bread, though. The bread is really good, but bread with pasta and/or rice is a little too much for me. But, doggybags are there for a reason!
The desserts were too delicious: we had the Bruleé Cheesecake and the Brownie. Though the Cheesecake had nothing Bruleé-ish about it, it was still a great Cheesecake. The Brownie...was heaven on a plate. Save room for it!

The service was a ok. She messed up some of the appetizers, but it was solved very quickly. The waitress said she had a little confusing day, but she was very nice and double checked everything after her first 'mistake', so all's good.

The location is great as well: in the heart of Old Town in Florence, just a short walk away from some Inn's and B&B's in this picturesque town. The building and it's decoration are very nice as well.

Great value, too. Five people, three courses each, drinks and tip cost us about $176 total. So, a definite must if you're spending the night (or day) in Florence, OR.

• Visited July 2014
Christine D, Owner at Bridgewater Ocean Fresh Fish House and Zebra Bar, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Carolus V, I am so happy your enjoyed your food. I've been trying to find our which server you had . It is not up to you to be the recipient of her confusing day. I'm so sorry. If you'd like to mail me I can follow through with this.

• Hebrew first
California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Lunch !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I drove from Bandon to Florence --drove through the river front area--saw the Bridgewater and stopped. What a great experience and great lunch !! We grazed on several appetizers and wine, of course. We will return and tell friends. Ron and Renee

• Visited July 2014
Thank you Ron & Rene, glad you had a good time. We're glad you chose to dine with us!
“Yum-me!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Amazing! My husband and I tried the Bridgewater based on the recommendation of our hotel and the trip advisor reviews and we were so glad we did!!!! The food was delicious. Prices are good. Our server, Jasmine, was awesome!!!!

Thank you so much!
Eugene
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed the atmosphere and unique setting of the bar and restaurant. We had a couple of appetizers and then fish and chips and shrimp and chips for entrees. We enjoyed all of the food. It was hot and plentiful portions. The cayenne cole slaw was very good. We will be going back!!!

Thank you!
“Average Restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed in my visit since Bridgewater was recommended to me by several locals. The interior was very nice, you were given a shrimp cocktail when first arriving, food was presented nicely, however the food had no spice. If you are going somewhere for friendly management and a great location this is the place for you, but not if you are going for a wonderful tasting seafood dinner.

1 Thank haveatums
Christine D, Owner at Bridgewater Ocean Fresh Fish House and Zebra Bar, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Haveaturns, thank you for dining with us. We appreciate your review as it helps us to improve! I'd love to know what you ate that did not meet your expectations. Can you email me at info@bridgewaterfishhouse.com?