“Diamond in the Rugh” 5 of 5 bubbles

Old Town Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Florence
“Diamond in the Rugh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

My daughter and I was driving through Oregon to visit my mom and we saw this Hotel and decided that it looked like a nice place to stay the night. The customer service was outstanding very friendly, the rooms were warm when we came in and they smelled fresh, the flat TV was a nice touch, the beds smelled clean, the bathroom had plenty of towels, we slept like we were at home. Woke up checked out but we felt refreshed or has some people say recharged. Overall this was a GREAT stay. I say if you need a great night of sleep and a clean room and friendly staff this is your place.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Oxnard, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

When I travel up to Oregon I'm often bombarded by a myriad of hotel choices for my boyfriend and I. We usually like to rely on TripAdvisor reviews to steer us in the right direction, and I'm happy to say they have so again. Not only is this location clean and inviting, but the modern decor is a refreshing retreat for today's travelers. I was happy to find our room stocked with ALL of the amenities I look for (fridge, hairdryer, microwave, etc) and the staff is always eager to help with vacation plans, and even to suggest the best grub in town. A true knock out of the park, we will be booking here again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

The room was nicely appointed and the beds were very comfortable! It was as nice as a full service hotel without the higher price. The cleanliness was outstanding as was the customer service, provided by the managers, Lady Elle and husband David. Upon leaving we were provided with the best travel tips along 'Highway 101'. I noticed extra touches not usually found such as paper towels attached outside to clean your car windows for a 'safe travel' along with some picnic tables and chairs. The hotel is within walking distance to 'Old Town' and many restaurants. You do not need to check around as this is the best deal in town whether traveling on business, with family or friends.

Room Tip: Would not hesitate to stay in any of the rooms as they are all inspected by management before offeri...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after a long days driving up the US 101 and needing a stop, it's so convenient right on the highway, was surprised we didn't hear much traffic even being in an end room.
Beautiful room attention to detail was really homely, even having a full size hair dryer made a great change (those with long hair will understand)
It's has more of a hotel feel than a motel free to it, you can tell the staff take a lot of pride with the rooms and there work. The staff that we met were really friendly and made us feel welcome, plus the free coffee & fresh dounuts in the morning were so good!!!!

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

This a wonderfully clean, comfortable place to stay. Lady could not have been nicer, and the donuts in the morning were great. The room is average motel size, very clean, updated, with a supportive, comfortable bed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

My wife and I decided to head out to Florence at the last minute and this was the first place that caught our eye. Their website isbstraight forward, honest, and easy to navigate. When we arrived, the office was easy to locate and we were given a very warm welcome. The gave us the option of a two queen bed room, or single king, with no price difference. They gave us our keys, and went and grabbed an extra blanket for us (with out us needing to ask) since its been so cold lately. They said they wanted to make sure we were as comfortable as possible. When we told them we were going out for dinner, they made a great restaurant recommendation. They also informed us that they provide coffee, fruit, and doughnuts from a local shop in the mornings. The rooms are excellently kept and are incredibly comfortable. They have all the basics one needs, and if you need more, they're always ready to help out. This was our first time here and we will definitely be coming back, I can't recommend Old Town Inn highly enough

2 Thank stephentemple
Granite City, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I'm one of those that prefer hotels to motels (or interior rooms.) I stopped in Florence on a road trip up the coast of Oregon. Florence is a charming little town, but with limited hotels/motels. I stumbled onto the Old Town Inn. I was pleasantly surprised. To start with, Lady Elle (her real name), the proprietor, is simply amazing. I could stand and talk to her for hours. The hotel, itself, is delightful. Lady Elle has gone to great extremes to ensure the comfort of her guests. The rooms are tastefully decorated and have all the amenities you'd want, microwave, fridge, flat screen TV, ceilings fan, and she's even included a personal fan. My friends say I'm overly picky. I usually won't look at a hotel unless it's a 4 or 5 star. This one exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: I was in 224. It was great!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Best Western Pier Point Inn
River House Inn
#2 of 12 in Florence
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,135 reviews
Driftwood Shores Resort & Conference Center

Been to Old Town Inn? Share your experiences!