“Very nice place!”
Review of Park Motel

Park Motel
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Fortunately, we found a room at the Park Motel, after the original motel we had booked at had credit card machine lines vandalized and wouldn't take cards. We were treated very professionally at the front desk. Our room was very nice and clean. It had a microwave, coffee pot and small refrigerator. We had our two Yorkies with us and they have a nice pet area to walk your dogs and potty them. Even though the motel is right off Hwy 101, it's set back and we were never bothered by any highway noise. The whole area is nicely kept up. It was a very good value for the price.

Room Tip: If you have pets, ask for a room closer to the pet area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BLT1001

Reviewed 17 September 2012

The inside of the motel rooms were clean and nice - it felt outdoorsy and comfortable. The staff was friendly and I feel that we got a good value for the price we paid. No breakfast, pool, fitness center but the room had a refrigerator in it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Perhaps, for animal lovers, this A-frame would be considered acceptable accommodation, but for our petless party of four, it was very disappointing. The interior of the A-frame was far darker than the video indicates, the house backs onto the highway, and there is a strong smell of animals in the upstairs rooms. Again, for pet owners, YMMV.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Naomi L
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Very clean and tidy. Great location. One gripe, trying to rest in the afternoon and someone knocks on the door. By the time I got to the door, no one around. 10 minutes later, my phone is ringing. It is the front desk wanting to know why my pet is unattended in the room. My pet was with me in the room. I complained about the interruptions to my peace but that was met by excuses and no true apology. May or may not stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the end as the walls are very thin.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cmegster
Reviewed 28 August 2012 via mobile

Our family of 4 found out way to Florence, OR on a spontaneous trip to try out the sand dunes. Many hotels were booked- which brought us to this little hide-away about two miles from down town. We were welcomed by a delightful couple and were pleasantly surprised by this great find. It was bright, charming, very clean, and a great value for the money! We chose a cabin instead of the hotel and just loved it! I liked the little vanity off the bathroom which made getting four people ready in the morning easier. Little electric fireplace, flat screan TV, ceiling fans, and full kitchen were little touches that made our stay great. Dog friendly and did I say "clean"! Would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Washingtonswanfamilyof4!
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Lovely hotel located about 1.5 miles south of Florence. Tucked behind a large restaurant in the pines. My room 7 backed to the pine trees and was very quiet. There is no AC but it was cooler outside and I used the heat in the bath and room. The bath was small but did have modernized electric outlet. THere was plenty of space to use in the room including a dressing/makeup table area. The staff was helpful but could not get the WIFI to work.

Room Tip: No pool, but a lovely sitting area on a grassy lawn with black berry bushes. The back of the hotel...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Linda C
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I really wish I hadn't booked this motel in advance. It was a disaster. The motel is way out of town on the south side. Our room was a decent size but the bed had a terribly uncomfortable hard mattress. Outside the room was a very noisy ice machine that almost never let up. My wife barely slept the first night as a result of the noise and bed. The manager wouldn't change our room (even though they had an empty one). The room was very cold and the only heating was in the toilet/bathroom. The facilities in the room were poor. The coffee supplied was of the lowest quality - 1 packet only - enough for half a cup. The cups were cheap polystyrene. I used their guest washing machine; it broke down halfway through the cycle. At least the staff let me use one of the motel's washing machine and my clothes were not ruined.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple