“It took 18 calls to get a reservation!”
Review of Waterfront Depot

Waterfront Depot
Ranked #2 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We feature. We offer a full-service bar with a variety of regional and international wines as well as a selection of exciting martinis and specialty drinks, like Bill's Flaming Spanish Coffee, to compliment your meal. From the sophistication of our house favorite, Crab Encrusted Halibut, to the cozy warm satisfaction of our burger and fries, you're sure to find a dish to fit your desires at The Waterfront Depot. We use only the best local, organic beef and free-range chicken in our entrees. Our skilled culinary staff prepares all our menu items daily, guaranteeing you the freshest, most flavorful experience on the Central Oregon Coast. Atmosphere. Nestled on the river's shore, we offer a warm, cozy view of the Siuslaw River and the Siuslaw River bridge. Summer dining cafe-style outdoors on our weathered patio seats you right at the water's edge. Year-round dining inside offers you a beautiful river view with an urban touch, a perfect place for winter storm watching. Our history. The Waterfront Depot is housed in the old Mapleton Train Station. Saved from demolition over 40 years ago, this historic building found its new home on the shore of the Siuslaw river a stone's throw from the Siuslaw River Bridge. The old train station's warm, classic qualities offer a perfect counter balance to the sophisticated, urban atmosphere I've created in The Waterfront Depot.
“It took 18 calls to get a reservation!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

It was so worth my calls! Freshest halibut, a view of the river, the best service. I felt welcome and appreciated . I WILL return!

Visited July 2014

Aliso Viejo, California
“Great food, reasonable prices, great service!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We arrived at our hotel in Florence in late afternoon and were too late to get reservations so we went by at 5:30 p.m. And got two seats at the bar. Tom, the bartender took great care of us throughout the dinner even leading a chorus of "Happy Birthday" for me when he found out it was my birthday. I had oysters on the half shell (delicious!) and my wife had crab cakes. Since we had had a late lunch we opted to split the crab encrusted halibut. That worked out great and we had room for each of us to try their amazing cakes. We had the Tres Leches and a three berry cake. Both were delicious. The place was packed all the time we were there and you could tell it was a local favorite.

• Visited July 2014
“Great Food - Great Prices”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife, son (8) and I ate at the Waterfront Depot Bar & Restaurant and left full and very satisfied. The food was awesome, the service was excellent. The prices were super reasonable. Highly recommended, but you will probably need a reservation because it's a small cozy place that's very popular.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Make a reservation-great food”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We eat here every time we visit Florence. Make sure you get a reservation. Excellent food and knowledgable service.

Visited July 2014
Eugene
“Decent Food”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We made our reservation for 4 , right when they open. This is a good thing, they continued to get busier and busier during the 45 minutes we were there. The calamari appetizer was good, my crab crusted halibut was perfectly cooked, and my husbands seafood platter was delicious, though the soup could have been warmer. Overall we were satisfied, our waitress seemed really busy, but did her best to keep our drink refills coming. You pay the price for FRESH seafood :))