“Great stay!”
Review of Blue Heron Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Florence
Blue Heron Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Perfect location off hwy. 101. Rooms are clean and private. Host/hostess made us feel right at home, offering whatevere needed. We came in late and we offered a drink that was much appreciated. Breakfast was amazing! We really could not have asked for more.

Room Tip: This is a great stay, the host and hostess were very welcoming, informative and friendly.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Before I even stepped foot in the Blue Heron B&B , I knew I made the right choice in our lodging for a stay during our Honeymoon! I called to give Maurice and Stella a heads up on our arrival time and Maurice gave some great tips for places along the way towards the Inn (we were about 2 hrs north).

When we arrived it was about an hour before sunset and explained that we were in a hurry to catch the sunset on the pacific. He quickly showed us around and to our rooms and then gave us perfect directions on a FREE place to view the sunset. It was absolutely stunning and romantic!

Upon return we were able to really take in the decor and ambiance of the house and room. Wonderful ornate decorations giving a very home feeling! The room was perfect! Jacuzzi Tub, double shower heads (so hard going back to one head!) , and the bed was hands down the most comfortable! We slept so well :)

For breakfast we sat at their kitchen table which faced a large window overlooking the river across the street. During breakfast we saw 5 hummingbirds constantly flying around the windows and to the many feeders. It was a delight to see so many at one time!! Maurice said there are about 8 that hang around.

We started off being served a fruit bowl with keylime yogurt and coconut (yum!), egg souffle with three cheeses, canadian bacon, home made potatoes, toast with homemade jams, a plethora of teas to choose from, delicious home made juices, and coffee.

During breakfast we had wonderful conversations with Maurice and Stella where they gave us lots of tips for places to visit along our journey. It was very clear that Maurice was very familiar with the area!

Finally, they made a very personal touch by giving us a card congratulating us on our recent marriage and gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne. So incredibly kind and generous folks.

Why stay anyplace else? If we ever are back in the area I won't hesitate to stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

After five years of living in the US (Bay Area) I finally decided to get out and see some of it, during a long road trip up and down the Pacific coast. I saw beautiful countryisde, and experienced warmth and hospitality, and this was never warmer nor as hospitable as at the Blue Heron Inn. Right from the moment I entered, I was made to feel like a friend by Maurice and Stella. Their welcome was so warm and my stay so pleasurable that I decided, the very next morning, to change my schedule so that I could come back.

The Inn itself is very comfortable. I do not tend to be a late sleeper, but on both nights I easily banked over ten hours of deep, restful snoozies. Throughout, I found the Inn to be very clean, well equipped, charming and relaxing.

And when they say gourmet breakfast, they really do mean it. The pepperjack and green chili souffle I had the first morning was one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten. But, unusually, the exquisiteness is matched by the scale - both mornings I pushed myself away from the table feeling absolutely stuffed.

Special note must also be paid to the warm, pleasant natures of the Inn's owners, Maurice and Stella. Both times I was there I enjoyed long chats with them. They epitomise the friendliness and open nature that I have come to love in Americans, and are great ambassadors for the Inn and for Florence itself. Just to give one example, when I told Maurice where I was headed on my road trip, he immediately sat down and wrote out a list of attractions and recommendations along the route - places I may have not noticed or ignored, and I am very glad that he did.

I am bitten by the road trip bug now, and a huge part of the reason for that was my time at the Blue Heron. It may be a couple of years off, but I would certainly want to do this trip again, and I would most certainly want to stay here again.

Room Tip: The Victorian room at the back is very comfortable and quiet, while I also enjoyed the Garden Suite...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We flew in to Portland, rented a car, and headed south along the coast to Florence... a long day. When we arrived, we were warmly greeted and graciously assisted in obtaining a reservation at an exquisite restaurant in town. The room was comfortable, and the accommodations were very nice. The next morning, we were treated to an outstanding breakfast, more than one could ever ask for, during which we genially conversed with another couple staying there. Before we left in the morning, we were given insider info as to a couple of nice places to stop on our way to Bend that turned out to be pleasant places to pause. All in all, a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Low key, genial, pleasant
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Why stay at the Casino, drab motels along H101, or even the beach resort when you have Maurice and Stella taking care of you like royalty with spotless rooms, view of the river, incredible food and just plain great hospitality? My wife and I discovered the Blue Heron Inn when passing through Florence, and being extremely picky about where we stay, we couldn't have been more pleased. If you can get a room there, don't hesitate. You will be glad you did.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BellevueAdventurers
Reviewed 5 October 2011

This was our first experience in US of B&B and it didn't disappoint. At first sight the location wasn't great- just off a busy road next door to an RV park but once inside Blue Heron Inn it's a different world with fabulous views.
We stayed in the Heron's Nest room and overlooked the garden on one side with some beautiful birds passing buy. The room was very clean & spacious and there were toiletries aplenty in the bathroom along with local infomation and Oregon magazines in the bedroom.
Maurice and Stella were excellent hosts with Maurice having a mine of information and first hand knowledge of Oregon- this ranged from distance times for our onward travel as well as all of the towns worth stopping at.
Breafast was super - healthy and plentiful. The eggs were to die for - served as a souffle which didn't sink on serving.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CazzaJoe
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Kathy and I are frequent B&B guests, and felt a close freindly connection to our hosts at this B&B. The rooms were large, clean with every amenity you could want. The common areas are plentiful, with lots of rainy weather activities available. Stella and Maurice produced wonderful and varied breakfasts. Maurice found a great hike for us to do in the Dunes (away from people)...and gave the best advice for dining spots. Lots of resource information on hand...and if you cant find it ....Maurice wll.

Room Tip: One room is located on the ground floor, if you can't do stairs
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple