“Never give up”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Florence
King
“Never give up”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

My family and I stayed at this beautiful resort for 2 nights on our trip up the coast. I usually book all hotels through a discount website but knew this property had a newly renovated section, and I wanted to be sure to get a "new" room. The price was expensive but after reading reviews, the people who got one of the new rooms loved it, so I decided to book through the hotel. The reservationist told me she would try to reserve me one of the new rooms. Upon arrival, I asked if they had given me one of the new rooms and they said yes. When I went to the room I knew right away that it wasn't one of the new rooms. After going to 3 different rooms and taking luggage up many steps, they finally gave me the room I requested. The room was beautiful!!! The would not stay at this property if you can't get one of the new rooms. The difference is huge!!! The bedding, furniture, kitchen, everything about it is different. I don't understand why they can't just give you what you request right of the bat! The property was not full and I booked directly though them! That was the only thing that could have made my trip better! I told the manager when I checked out what had happened and she didn't seem to mind and made no apologies. If you have kids, the pool is fantastic! Great play areas!! Also if you have boys, boarding down the sand dunes in Florence is great!

Room Tip: Get one of the newly renovated rooms. They are so much better!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed in one of the large 3 bedroom units with a full kitchen over the holidays. It was like having our own apartment with plenty of room for everyone! The unit has a balcony with an ocean front view that you can't beat! Restaurant staff were super friendly and the food served was tasty and affordable. Would stay here again!

Aloha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

A very helpful staff greeted us. Our rooms were very comfortable. The restaurant was terrific. Beach access was great. The grandkids had a great time in the pool! We had a nice ocean view with a roomy deck to be outside to enjoy it, when we chose. Even the weather cooperated for beach walks! We want to go back!!

1 Thank Bruce T
Ferndale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Driftwood Shores is one of the nicest resorts my daughter and my self have ever stayed at. Rooms are super clean ,very friendly staff ,beautiful view from the balcony. Restaurant was great ...When I come to Florence Ore. I know where I will be staying.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and the view is fantasic
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Martin A
Florence, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is the only hotel and restaurant ON THE BEACH in Florence. It is a lovely setting....nothing else can compare!! A great place for couples and families alike! The pool is super clean and several different areas for kids to play and and awesome hot tub for the adults. The staff is friendly and trustworthy. A treat to visit!

Room Tip: The 3 bedroom suite is awesome! It is home away from home complete with a full kitchen & firepl...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank S T
Rogue River, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

This properly is several miles out of town on a broad and beautiful beach. Our room was top floor with a great view and full kitchen. There is a restaurant and bar on the property. Our balcony view was so great we ate in. We will definitely come back. The small downside is the water and in room coffee are terrible. The room and kitchen are remodeled and nice, but the kitchen is a little lacking on cooking tools.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rhww1984
Coos Bay, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Hi my name is Kathy and we just love going down to Driftwood Shores Resort. They make you feel like you're right at home. We call it our home away from home and the beaches are beautiful. The visibility from every room is just spectacular, it's so relaxing, so enjoying and there's good food at the restaurant. Our Family highly and absolutely recommends it to anybody that needs a getaway... to get some R&R.
The exterior has that cozy beach worn look. On the inside it is beautiful, updated, and absolutely gorgeous.
We love it there
This is our on the beach haven
Kathy & Dave

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Old Town Inn
Comfort Inn
#9 of 13 in Florence
Three Rivers Casino Resort
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge

Been to Driftwood Shores Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!