“Lost in Connection”

Driftwood Shores Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Whenever in Florence on business this is where we stay. The hotel is a little north of town which means it is quite but also means there are no other amenities around. The rooms all have a great view but the standard rooms are a little small (fine for 1-2 people but not for a small family sharing a room, i.e. couple with baby). The biggest complaint I found though is that they say they have High Speed Wireless Internet but while trying to connect to any of the multiple connections they have going by the time it actually connects the signal is lost and you have to try connecting all over again. This was a big issue last time as my phone carrier does not have reception in Florence and I could not connect my phone to the Wi-Fi to make calls and ended up having to make long distance calls from the room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Junker79

Reviewed 27 March 2014

People at the front desk are VERY nice and friendly, but the hotel itself could use some TLC. The elevators are scary and incredibly slow. The room was cramped, and i could hear our neighbors through the wall, but the view and sunset was amazing. I travel all the time and these were some of the best beds i've ever slept in. If you get hungry, eat at the restaurant... its food is amazing!! Ask to be seated by the window so you can get a view.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a room on the top floor and in the corner
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We arrived late in the day. The staff were very courteous and helpful. They asked if they could help us to the room and open the door, showed us the amenties, told us to let them know if they could be helpful in any way. The room had two large beds, new paintings on the wall, a nice kichenette with a refer and a kitchen nook with stools. The west side of the room looked out over a beautiful beach and the sea. The beach was less than 20 feet from the sliding glass door. We have a wondeful time here! The ocean and beach views were simply amazing!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

This was our first stop on our honeymoon roadtrip up the 101. Despite the usual Oregon winter weather, we were cozied up in our queen bed room - let's face it, we weren't expecting bells and whistles other than a place to stay for the night away from the town.

It was north of Florence and about maybe a couple miles or so away from the main highway. We found it with no difficulty using our phone's map. Walking in, we met a very friendly check-in clerk (I'm very bad with names and I just remember that she had had surgery on her left arm) who was very quick and efficient as she described the property, offered a room on highest floor (it is winter - they had rooms to spare) and placed us where she thought the view was best, and handed us our keys.

We got to the room fairly quickly. Room was clean and tidy, bed was very comfortable. Floor to window glass offered a great view of the ocean. Props to our check-in agent! She selected well.

Our room was close to the elevator but we didn't hear anything.

We then opted for dinner at the on-site restaurant. (Separate review) ... And after an hour had passed, we opted to end the day of shopping and sightseeing with a pleasant dip in their spa jet hot tub. Heated pool was ok, but we were more excited about the hot tub. Relaxed to the max!

Slept very well. Woke up to the gentle sound of the ocean. There was a random person down on the sand who had made two giant hearts with giant kelp...

Checkout was a breeze and very pleasant with a bubbly miss named April.

Will we return? Definitely.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed here with my family (adults) last week. We requested and were booked in two rooms on the third floor. This is not the new section, but it is very nice. The bedding was good and the view is the best. When we arrived, about 4 PM the sun was streaming through the large balcony door, it was fantastic! Although the weather was cool I kept the sliding door slightly open all night so I could here the ocean. I have been here several times and am always happy with my choice.

Room Tip: If you want to be closest to the ocean, choose ground floor but I enjoyed the view from the third fl...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We spent hours and hours on the beach, and it was so relaxing to listen to the ocean 24 hours a day. The enormous sliding glass door (the whole wall really) framed a wonderful view and I was impressed with how SPOTLESS the windows all were. That really enhances the experience - looking out I felt like I was ON the beach even while indoors. Restaurant was very good (and i usually do not like hotel restaurants). Staff was friendly and helpful. Pool wonderful for our son - a special "water park" area off to the side enhanced his experience a lot. Every indoor area (restaurant, room, pool) was spotlessly clean. One small disappointment was there was no way to watch any kind of family movie, which we'd hoped to do one evening (and Florence does not have a movie theater). It was not even possible to rent one in town and bring it back to play in the movie (no player in the room or available to use). Small issue though - we just enjoyed board game together instead.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My family and I stayed at this beautiful resort for 2 nights on our trip up the coast. I usually book all hotels through a discount website but knew this property had a newly renovated section, and I wanted to be sure to get a "new" room. The price was expensive but after reading reviews, the people who got one of the new rooms loved it, so I decided to book through the hotel. The reservationist told me she would try to reserve me one of the new rooms. Upon arrival, I asked if they had given me one of the new rooms and they said yes. When I went to the room I knew right away that it wasn't one of the new rooms. After going to 3 different rooms and taking luggage up many steps, they finally gave me the room I requested. The room was beautiful!!! The would not stay at this property if you can't get one of the new rooms. The difference is huge!!! The bedding, furniture, kitchen, everything about it is different. I don't understand why they can't just give you what you request right of the bat! The property was not full and I booked directly though them! That was the only thing that could have made my trip better! I told the manager when I checked out what had happened and she didn't seem to mind and made no apologies. If you have kids, the pool is fantastic! Great play areas!! Also if you have boys, boarding down the sand dunes in Florence is great!

Room Tip: Get one of the newly renovated rooms. They are so much better!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Best Western Pier Point Inn
Adobe Resort
Adobe Resort
#5 of 11 in Yachats
Three Rivers Casino Resort

Been to Driftwood Shores Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!