We stayed here for just one night. After reading the reviews, we requested a room on the first floor and they were more than happy to accommodate.
Upon arrival, our room was pretty warm, but we opened the window and turned on the fan. We were leary of leaving the window open when we ledt, so we didnt but it does cool off pretty quick. Hung out at a couple of the places on property that evening and had a nice time. Tried the soaking pool in the morning and it was very relaxing!
The shower and toilet situation is very different. Not horrible but I don't think I'd want to do it for more than a few nights as getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom was a bit strange :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make a grand escape to McMenamins Grand Lodge! It's all in the details here, with the stately columns and winding drive, wide green lawn, 77 European-style guestrooms, restaurants, movie theater and small bars and some of the most fantastic artwork to ever grace these walls. Built in 1922 as a Masonic & Eastern Star home, the Grand Lodge has stories to tell. Renovated and opened by McMenamins in 2000, what was once tranquil and serene is now vibrant and colorful. Here the walls do speak... As do the doorways, the hallways, and even the overhead pipes. (Look up...)Inspired by the history of the city of Forest Grove and the building itself, McMenamins' artists have infused the Grand Lodge with original artwork and historical photographs - all tributes to the cast of characters who left their mark before us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your McMenamins Grand Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mcmenamins Grand Hotel Forest Grove
- Mcmenamins Grand Forest Grove