“Delicious sake tasting and a free tour!”
Review of SakeOne

SakeOne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Nestled in the beautiful outskirts of Portland, Oregon, SakéOne is a rare entertaining experience that brings you only the best premium saké from Oregon, in our brewery, and select Japanese imports. Our sakés range from classics, to bolder more contemporary profiles, and even fruit infused. Ready to taste? Our tasting room is open seven days a week and offers three different flight options and a tasting tray for additional purchase.
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife and I have loved Sake One's sake for a few years, but we had never been to the sakeria. We showed up about 30 minutes before the tour started and did a tasting. The girl who did the tour also did the tasting and she asked us a number of questions to make sure that she was getting us something that we would like. She was friendly, knowledgeable and willing to answer our (numerous) questions. By the way, I recommend the draft plum sake (like plum sake champagne!) most highly. It's only available at the tasting room and, again, I definitely recommend it.

After the tasting we went on the tour. Very interesting, not very long. There wasn't much to see, as it was the weekend, but it was still very informative and a lot of fun. Plus, it was a good idea to walk it off a bit before driving!

Oh, and the tour is free. Tastings are $5/person for a 6 taste flight or $3 for a 4 taste flight.

1  Thank Aaron M
There are newer reviews for SakeOne

Reviewed 28 July 2013

My wife and I were traveling with her family from the Oregon coast to Portland. On the way, I looked up a winery, and this sakery on my smart phone as places to stop along the way, based on reviews. This place did not disappoint! We ordered the sake tastings, paired with food (I recommend this) so as to get a better understanding of how sake can accompany food much the same way wine can. The gentleman working that day, Jim, was very knowledgable of sake and taught us about some of the history of sake and how the different types of sake are prepared. Jim was very friendly, had a sense of humor and a quick wit. This stop turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip. If you like sake, don't pass this place up!

1  Thank p2mont
Reviewed 14 October 2012

It's delightful having a Sake producer locally. Try one of their Sake flights... I definitely give it a 2 thumbs up!

Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

A great little tour. Really impressed by the whole operation! Beautiful facilities, loved seeing all the stainless steel vats, 1000# rice bags and learning how sake is made. The gal (Emily?) who toured us was upbeat and gave a really informative talk while shuffling us along in our shoe booties. Loved it!!
The tasting afterwards was so wonderful. I have enjoyed sake in the past but now I have an understanding that helps me make more choices into areas my palate will delight in. Thanks.

1  Thank grannybud
Reviewed 1 October 2012

the sake itself is good and they explain that good sake is served cold. i guess i have come to like sake served warm or hot either from always drinking it that way or whatever. i also know that sake is a form of wine but that doesn't make it ok to be a snob. not all but a lot of wine tasting places are full of snotty people that look down their nose at you and that's the feeling i got here. i don't expect anything more or less from a place like this so i gave this place an average rating.

1  Thank rb44chinook