Best Western University Inn & Suites
US$101
ComfortInn
US$222
Residence Inn
Larkspur Landing Hillsboro(Hillsboro)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$92
US$164
The Orenco(Hillsboro)
US$181
All reviewsno elevatorgrand lodgefirst floorwafflesqueen suitebest westernsroom was cleanhot tubplace to staywould highly recommend this hotelcookiesindoor poolnice breakfastfitness centerfree breakfastfront desk staffeasy access
Reviewed 14 September 2009

This hotel is made cheap. The continental breakfast is accompanied by the loud obnoxious blaring of the waffel maker and has a clientel that thinks it is ok to come in their pajamas and other rags.

There is no elevator so if you have to stay, book the 1st floor. There is no guarantee however. We did not get our request and were given one bed for three people. They were able to move us but then we lost our price and they couldn't credit us. Four phone calls later they may have found the problem.

The rooms are poorly made. Hope you get one with a cheap, loud bathroom fan or you will hear all that goes on in that little room.

The parking lot spaces are so small you can't open your doors. Prepare to climb in from the rear if you have an SUV.

I've lost faith in the Best Western seal of approval. At $100 bucks a night, this is a terrible value but unfortunately there aren't a lot of choices. This growing area should attract more competition. Meanwhile, drive a little further and avoid this place like the plague!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank ralung
travlwith2, General Manager at Best Western University Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2009

Dear ralung,
Thank you for expressing your thoughts on your stay here at the Best Western. I appreciate your feedback and wish there was something we could do regarding the construction of the property. Please know that this no way reflects the staff and service here at the property. I will pass along your comments to the appropriate people.

As for the issue with your room, I would appreciate if you could give me a call here at the property and discuss with me so I can rectify the situation with you. Our number is 503-992-8888.

Thank you again for your review, and I hope that we can take the time to make things right.

Stacey Richey

Reviewed 31 August 2009

As a Best Western employee I had great expectations and many requests, the staff did a great job!! What was really cool, one of the front desk ladies was cleaning the baseboards on the 2nd floor. Thats rockin....way to go Charlene! Elaine the new kid did great, bright and enjoys what she does. House keeping you work hard and I appreciated your attention to detail.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 13 August 2009

The location in Forest Grove is perfect. (A possible half-way stop between Portland and the Oregon coast.) Very pleasant and friendly staff. Very clean and comfortable, good price. I will stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ordinaryperson_9
travlwith2, General Manager at Best Western University Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2009

Dear Ordinary Person,
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We take pride in what we provide. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again during future stays.

Reviewed 27 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western in Forest Grove with friends to attend a wedding at the David Hill winery. Others attending the wedding stayed at the McMinnimans up the road. We chose to have air conditioning, cable and private bathrooms. With that standard in mind, the Best Western was a fine choice.
The staff were accommodating and kind. When I complained that I could hear conversations in the next room through the paper-thin walls, they were willing to move me at once and took down a note to talk to the manager about that room. (My friends staying in other rooms did not have the thin-wall problem).
The pool and jacuzzi were nice. They were clean and open at all hours.
The complimentary breakfast was okay. The free coffee available all day and night was excellent. The free wi-fi was great.
And, again, the staff were wonderful. They printed out directions for me, allowed us to check out a day early with no penalty and were just plain friendly.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Willastat,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback, and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on what we offer our guests, and take all feedback very seriously. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2009

My recent stay here was everything I hoped it would be. Great service, great rooms. Definitely the best hotel to stay at in Forest Grove.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business