“Too many better places - this one disappoints.”
Review of La Sierra

La Sierra
Ranked #15 of 66 Restaurants in Forest Grove
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Carne asada - tough, and gristly, and the fatty parts tasted old. Not really the type of spices I am used to on mexican food, and it's one of my go to food types. Platters are HUGE, but really, more is not better. I'd rather have smaller plates better made.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

My husband and I go often as the service is fantastic, te food great and the drinks worth the price. I'm glad it's in town.

2  Thank Brenda B
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We visited this restaurant for lunch while visiting Pacific University. While not particularly impressive looking from the outside, the interior is pleasantly decorated, if a little on the dark side. We were seated promptly by an attentive waiter, who equally promptly brought us some homemade taco chips and an excellent salsa.

My spouse and I both ordered different variations on a chicken burrito, both of which were excellent. As noted above, our waiter was prompt and attentive. A real treat was the cost of the meals, which were very reasonable.

This restaurant was definitely a find, and will be on our return list whenever we visit Forest Grove. If you're looking for an inexpensive Mexican meal in FG, this is definitely a place to go to.

3  Thank altacouple
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I must admit that I know little about Mexican food; however, since moving to Oregon a few years ago we have dined at a fair number of Mexican restaurants. I always enjoy going back to La Sierra. For Mexican food, this restaurant remains my favorite. We often eat here for Sunday dinner after church. To help me make up my mind, I often just choose the posted dinner special. That way I get to eat a variety of dishes. Other times, I just pick something from the menu that I have not eaten before. I have yet to be disappointed. I ate there today and last Sunday, I am looking forward to the next time.

One final comment about Forest Grove restaurants in general. Those of you who do not make the short drive west of the bigger cities are missing out. There are a lot of good places to eat at reasonable prices, and you get the relaxed, small town atmosphere as a bonus.

2  Thank repairmn