“It worked for us”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Garibaldi
St. Louis, MO
“It worked for us”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We were looking for a clean, inexpensive room for one night on a road trip on the Oregon Coast. We knew this wouldn't be luxury, and it wasn't, but it fit the bill. I would give it a 7 out of 10 for cleanliness. It is right on the main drag, so yes, there will be road noise. Room could use some updating, but we were fine with it for the price and being on the coast. Would we stay here again? YES. The front desk employees were very friendly - and spoke perfect English with no accents so could be easily understood! The breakfast is stark, but we knew that before we came.

Room Tip: All rooms have road noise. The noise was not bothersome to us.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed 16 September 2013

For the value we paid for this Motel I did not have great expectations but we were pleasantly surprised, the beds were very comfortable, the room was extremely clean, there is a steam train near the motel and you get to hear and see it run ( it stops at 9:00 PM so you still get quiet nites sleep), great Antique store directly across the street, local coffee shop 2 doors up the street which has fantastic home cooked food, one block away is a Marina and Pier which you can buy local fish and has a great restaurant. Overall this is a fantastic place to stay with a bonus of good value....

Room Tip: We choose ground floor as we have health issues but even with families staying there we heard no noi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Driving the beautiful Oregon coast, accommodations are a little bit of a challenge -- a lot of "mom & pop" type motels with mixed reviews. So, I decided to stick with brands I knew and trusted, including Choice Hotels which includes Econolodge. DO NOT go the the Garibaldi EconoLodge unless it's an emergency -- keep driving another 20 miles, north or south, and find a better place. The Econolodge is beat up, not very clean, the desk staff is surly and when they ran out of the breakfast they are supposed to provide, they said "Too bad. You need to get here early." I was there an hour before breakfast was supposed to end. Adding insult to injury, I left my favorite nightshirt there and when I called to see if they had found it in the laundry, the desk clerk said, "You leave property at your own risk." I know that -- I just thought they could at least see if it had turned up. I know EL is a budget chain but this property does not meet the standards for its brand or the CHoice Hotels banner.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Garibaldi hotels

Whitecourt, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

After the visitors center in Rockaway called every accommodations within 10 miles for us, the lady finally found us a vacancy at this motel in Garibaldi. We were extremely relieved to find somewhere to stay on a Friday in August during the Annual Tuna Classic. The Motel staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was large and clean, and the shower was great! Lots of parking, and a great location. Kelley's restaurant is across the parking lot where we met some locals in the lounge and ate an amazing meal. We also had a few beers at the Ghost Hole on their flower filled patio. The locals were super friendly, and the service was great. We would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
Lincoln City, Oregon
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I am a general manager for choice hotels, and Econo Lodge is a low scale so I expect this to be a little run down, this one is by far the best one i'ver stayed at so far. The front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly. The room was very spacious and had a very neat view of the passing Oregon Coast Railroad, that does not run during the night thank god, and it is a very old steam engine, so my nephew who was with made his whole stay. He stared out the window for almost a whole hour just amazed. When a place has a good view like that to entertain an 8 year old for that long, then they have something going right for them. To add to the luxury of the establishment, a nice very inexpensive restaurant with awesome food and very yummy strawberry french toast. Kelley's place is the name of the joint. Made everything very conveinient for having everything so close. I was a little nervous about the small fishing town atmosphere but when my brother in law and me went to the local lounge, Ghost Hole Public House, the locals were very friendly and welcoming. I will definitely be back to this hotel, and for any future reference if your thinking of staying, remember that it is not a Hilton, it is an Econo Lodge and they are doing one hell of a job making this place comfortable and accommodating. I am a general manger for a choice hotel and I am very proud to have this establishment in out franchise. Keep up all the good work guys, well see you again soon. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Room Tip: All the rooms have the same view and 32" flat screens. No DVD players though.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Csmith187197
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed due to a local event on the evening of the 4th - great location for getting around Garibaldi by foot, especially fishing folks. The Staff were very helpful is getting matching rooms
and working with our pet issues. Food/Fuel was nearby in various locations. Both families enjoyed their stay there. Rooms very clean, quiet and enough room to get around in. We'll stay here again next year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank John D
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Staying at an Econolodge is always taking a risk but I was pleasantly surprised with this location. Front desk staff was great, the room was clean and the hot water was plentiful. If I found myself in the area again I would have not have a second thought about staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank halofanone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garibaldi
Garibaldi House Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel
#3 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to Econo Lodge Garibaldi? Share your experiences!