“Will never stay again”

Harborview Inn & RV Park
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Garibaldi
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My Mom has stayed in this hotel several times and has always had good luck. That is why we decided to stay in the RV park for our family reunion. I booked directly with the hotel and told them that we had 5 kids with us and would need to set up tents. At no time did she tell me there was a one tent rule or mention all the other ridiculous rules they have. Like, ice chests must be secured. Whatever that means.

We get there tired from a 6 hour drive at 7pm with 5 kids and find that we literally have 5 feet of camp space, an RV with a tip out right next to us cramped us even more. We were making due with the situation although it was far from what we wanted for a family vacation. No where for the kids to play, no room to move at our site, crabby neighbors who literally glared at us (not harborviews fault on that one!). However, after checkout time the next day the desk lady came over and told my husband that we could not have two tents and needed to "make other arrangements". She then proceeded to make sure he knew about all their other ridiculous rules and to tell him that this is "not a campground".

So we had to scramble on a Fourth of July weekend to find other accommodations, which luckily we found. On speaking to the manager one of my Uncles asked if we would get our money back and the manager said no. My Uncle replied that he can't re-rent that spot for the weekend and the manager replied "I make the rules here not you". Unbelievable lack of customer service.

They had another RV in the site in about an hour.

They did refund one night's rent.

We will not stay with them again even if we did not have kids with us. This was the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. In addition, I am totally convinced that the reason we were asked to leave is because we had small children with us. Families, stay away from this place!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jeff H, Manager at Harborview Inn & RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

We apologize if we weren't clear during the reservation process. We allow one tent per site with mgmt approval and a $5/night fee. It's possible we weren't effective in communicating that to you before you arrived. The guest stayed 2 nights and we refunded the 3rd. If you feel you weren't treated fairly, please call me and we can talk about it.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was charged two times for this room was told they credited my card and when I called they said must have got busy and forgot. The second time I called was told it was credited three days later still no credit on card, even sent a receipt via email which was never sent to credit card company. Unfortunately I will not be returning to this motel the charge showed up immediately on my card but the credit is still not showing up. Too expensive for 210.00 for one night, could have had a beachfront for that price. Sorry harbor view but you have lost all credibility and I will not visit your establishment again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We're sorry if there was any confusion during checkin. We refunded the card immediately. The refund went through that night when we closed out our machine. It would have been transmitted to your bank at that time. If it still hasn't showed up, please call me and we'll see if we can't expedite the process with your bank.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had one of the best vacations ever at The Harborview Inn. 4 grandkids, me and my wife. Staff at the Harborview was very accommodating from the time I made the phone call to make reservations to the time we checked out. Anything and everything we needed they took care of. Kids loved walking the beach and tide pools. Rented a boat and crab rings and had a blast on our own fishing for crabs. Took the kids, ages 8 to 13, on a fishing charter and we got limits of bottom fish and a ton of crab. Thanks to Harborview for hooking us up with Garibaldi Charters. They also did a top notch job. We had not even made it back to Utah and had planned our next trip to The Harborview Inn. Can hardly wait.. Oh the cookies are great too...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Harborviewfun, Manager at Harborview Inn & RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you so much for bringing the family to visit! We loved meeting everyone and helping you see what Garibaldi is all about. Come back soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Last time I reviewed this spot it was my very first trip out with my 5th wheel trailer. I had a great time in spite of the fact it rained constantly. Now that I have stayed at a few other camping spots I need to reiterate how great of a spot this is. Right now it's Independence Day weekend and I am here to get my dogs out of the Vietnam like 24 hour fireworks in my neighborhood for the next 3 or 4 days. This place is in the Marina and the Coast guard is also located adjacent to the campground. There is a no fireworks or firearms rule in this area and I feel pretty good that will be enforced. :-)

That aside, this place is VERY quiet during the day and at night. My 30 amp fuse was broken so I had to use the 20 amp for the first night. They had it fixed by 7 a.m. the next morning and all is well now.

The best thing? I have an older 29 foot 5th wheel with no tip outs. Those of you in my shoes know how annoying it is when the folks with the huge tip outs park next to you and you either can't put your awning out, or their tip out is encroaching on your picnic table and you feel like you are sort of claustrophobic. Not here. These are generous sized camp spots and even better they are PULL THROUGH. I do NOT enjoy backing my trailer into tight spots so I am loving this.

Plus lets talk area: I've been ALL OVER the Oregon Coast and I really believe that Rockaway, Garibaldi, Tillamook Bay area is my favorite. Its beautiful and really not that crowded. I try to do a week at the coast every year in the Spring, this trip was simply an escape trip from fireworks. However, I think next year this may be where I come for my week away at the beach. Nice place!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for coming to visit again & again! We love regulars as much as we love meeting new people. We will do everything we can to make sure your visit is a fun & happy one!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This place was adorable! The staff was beyond friendly and helpful. It seems like they thought of just about everything in the rooms too. There were so many cute touches, from the little bag of candy to the ear plugs to a wine opener. The location was great, very beautiful setting. We went clamming the next day, which was a first for us. Lots of fun!

Room Tip: We stayed on the harbor side and didn't hear the saw mill at all.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you for coming down to visit! There is a LOT to do in Garibaldi and we are always happy to be your guides. We'll see you soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The whole experience was exceptional from the unmasked ambiance of the natural surroundings to the personal attention that Jeff and his staff afforded their guests. The rooms were very clean, spacious and reflected the local theme. I previously have stayed in the local "big city motel" but never again. I will take the local sights, smells & taste experience any day over the "standard" any city motel familiarity you get elsewhere. I left with some very good memories and a few more good friends but I will be back soon............

Room Tip: Stay here & book early. The Harbor side may be the more active side if that is what you want
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Harborviewfun, Manager at Harborview Inn & RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you so much for coming down again! We love guest's who appreciate our awesome location and how close we are to everything to do and see in Garibaldi! We'll see you again real soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Attended a wedding in the area and the reception was held here. The Inn has been updated very nicely. Even with the Lumber Mill going strong all night we slept like babies. Didn't hear a thing! The rooms are super clean and very clean. Really appreciated the community area with a kitchen. We had a great evening fire in the firepit area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you! The wedding was a blast, wasn't it? Our Clubhouse is a great gathering place for smaller parties and events. Call us to set something up!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garibaldi
Garibaldi House Inn & Suites
#9 of 15 in Cannon Beach
Coast Cabins
Coast Cabins
#2 of 4 in Manzanita

Been to Harborview Inn & RV Park? Share your experiences!