“Top Notch”

Garibaldi House Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Garibaldi
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We had the best of all experiences staying here. Super friendly, beautiful, happy place to be. Besides being quality in staff and environment, there is the great food greeting the hungry traveller in the lobby (certain hours) and then the best of breakfasts in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I have stayed here before, and not only is it a great value, but the staff if friendly and the extras are plentiful. This weekend they had hot appetizers in the lobby, accompanied by local cheese and meat with crackers, and it was so much that we almost didn't go to dinner. The breakfast was very good too. It is more than your standard continental breakfast (which no one would pay extra for). Indeed, I would have paid extra for the breakfast. I truly appreciate the staff's helpfulness and courteousness as well. Thanks again, and I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2012

In previously reviewing the EconoLodge just down the clock from this hotel, I have to admit I was too hard on the Garibaldi House, and that based on just one night's stay - a fast check-in, sleep and check-out. I'm still not happy with the price difference between the two (BOTH are over-priced) but participating in a group activity that qualified for a discount at the Garibaldi House made it about the same price for me as the EconoLodge, and from that perspective I have to admit the differences were AMAZING.

The Garibaldi House could NOT be more squared away, well-organized or clean. A ruffled newspaper on the lobby table doesn't sit there for more than a few minutes without one of the staff coming by and straightening it.

With a selection of local cheeses set out every afternoon, cookers filled with home made clam chowder, or even trays of home-smoked sliders set out on weekend evenings, the personal touches never stop. Bowls of the local taffy are everywhere you turn. The lobby is so warm and comfortable, with Cole Porter playing low in the background, that more than a few folks set up with their laptops in front of the fireplace, and we all just puttered away in the relative silence.

The usual hotel breakfast fare of cereals, bagels and serve-yourself waffles are there. But there are also trays of scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with chopped bacon, sausage link and fired potatoes - all made there on site. (I DO wish they'd also add some danish and similar sweet rolls - some mornings in the week I stayed, I admit I was dying for something with a cream cheese frosting, or sugar glaze.)

The staff really is impeccable, and they hop to when there's a problem, or anything that approaches being a complaint. I was awful about getting names - though they offered them repeatedly. But the lovely redhead who worked most nights, and another young lady whose name was Famiga - or something close to it, really do make you feel like the the hotel's CEO. I also remember the name "Gabby," because she was a manager, and the folks with me were raving about some miracle she'd worked for them.

I actually felt very protective of the staff, and was upset when a rude and obnoxious guest made loud insulting remarks in the lobby after using a bell on the desk to summon someone. The woman made jokes about having caught the desk clerk "sleeping in the back," when I knew very well the young lady was in the kitchen area through the next doorway cleaning up after one of the free serving events.

Save for whether a hotel has it or not, and how difficult it is to access, I've NEVER commented on a wifi system before. But whatever the Garibaldi House is using, it operates at an unheard of speed. Not once in a week long stay did I ever see a video buffering. I was working on a project for work and had to upload and download files that were a minimum of 10 MB, and some much larger, and the transfers were almost instantaneous! And I could do this WHILE watching a video AND downloading music. Incredibly, the hotel was all but sold-out while I was there, so a lack of users didn't explain the remarkable speed.

They make a bit of a fuss over their linens, and while I found the towels to be just a bit nicer than standard fare, the bed linens are GLORIOUS. I have stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and a few spots in between, and not once have a I experienced a bed more pleasing to slide into.

During a few days of our stay we came across a large party that was apparently visiting, and either they were there because someone local had passed away, or someone in their party had passed away while visiting the area. I wasn't clear on that part. But it was amazing how the hotel staff seemed to embrace these people and really went out of their way to comfort the group. It seemed everyone was from out of town and out of state, and there was much confusion about who was leaving when, who could stay for services, when the services were, and so forth. And from my seat in the lobby I saw and heard the staff repeatedly make changes, add rooms, move rooms and so on - they treated that grieving group like their own family, and in the process they never slighted or inconvenienced another guest. For that alone I know the staff won huge karma points.

Again, if I were just passing through - looking to crash for the night - I still might hit the EconoLodge and save a few dollars. But if I'm staying in town, or visiting for more than a few hours pretty much anywhere from Pacific City to the South, or Seaside to the North, The Garibaldi House is where I'd be staying. And I would BE SURE to ask if I can qualify for any discounts they have available.

The negatives? Their web site is glitchy, and some in our party told me they asked questions via the on-line form that were never answered. They need to list an email address contact, and then RESPOND to it. Otherwise, I know I've mentioned every negative, and there may not be enough space on the Internet to list all the positives with the Garibaldi House.

Room Tip: Avoid the north side if you sleep past 9am, when the garbage truck picks up. The "Family Suite...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank 2008travellover
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The Garibaldi House Inn & Suites is by far the best find on the Oregon coast! The place is clean, all staff are so friendly they make you feel right at home. The food is excellent, a huge variety excellent flavor, best breakfast in town! Better than most restaurants and it comes with the price of your stay. On the weekends they have hot snacks in the afternoon that as so yummy! The homemade clam chowder should get a blue ribbon. The pool area and exercise room are very well taken care of as is everything in this great hotel! We will go back again. If you are going up the Oregon Coast Garibaldi is about 48 miles south of Cannon Beach a great place to stay! Give it a try you will not regret it we loved it!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room this place is a gem!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Garibaldi House Inn last week while on a tour of the North Coast of Oregon. I must admit I had never stopped in the town of Garibaldi before, but thanks in large part to the Garibaldi house the place is now a destination for me. My favorite things where the beautiful lobby and perhaps the best breakfast frittata on the North Coast! The Garibaldi House Inn & Suites would make a great place to set up home base for a few days while you explore the natural areas the Tillamook Bay has to offer.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2012

WOW! What a gem on the Oregon Coast. Immaculate rooms, amazing beds, pullled pork to die for and amazing HOT breakfast. There is a nice swimming pool and hot tub as well as a welcoming lobby with cozy couches and a warm fire. The staff is very friendly and the food....well let's just say you won't go hungry. Clam chowder and smoked pork that are better than anything you'll find at the local eateries. I can't say enough about this hotel and the staff. You'll love staying here especially with kids.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed 27 February 2012

You will be welcomed by the owners and staff at this inn. The breakfast stands alone by offering a variety of hot items not found in comparable lodging properties. If you are droving down the Oregon coast this inn is recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garibaldi
The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
#2 of 4 in Manzanita
Surfside Resort
Surfside Resort
#1 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to Garibaldi House Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!