“your Oregon coast journey starts here”

Garibaldi House Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Garibaldi
Reviewed 9 January 2011

The rooms are clean, comfortable and well amenitied, but what stands out is the "at home" feeling you get from the owners and staff. The lobby is spacious and there are refreshments and snacks available. On new year’s eve there was even BBQ pork and rolls and sauce available for guests. They have an indoor pool! I highly recommend a tour of the Oregon coast to everyone, and the Garibaldi House is a must stay.

Aaron

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 January 2011

This quaint, and beautifully simple Inn, turned out to be the highlight of out trip along the coast. It is a HIdden Gem that I hope many more travelers find!
Upon check in, we were greeted as if we were returning home from a long day of play. The staff was very helpful and able to answer all my questions.
We stayed in a family suite and it was just perfect for my husband, myself and our 3 young children. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and had a lot of variety!
I can't wait to visit again next summer, and neither can the kids!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank E_Hopp82732
Reviewed 30 December 2010

We stayed at Garibaldi House Inn & Suites for a little mini get away, even though it was only ten miles from home.

The hotel took you to a whole new place so when we stepped outside to leave it was a shock to realize we were still in Garibaldi.

Reviewed 27 December 2010

Best stay that we've had in years. Beautiful place, comfortable beds, and the staff made sure we didn't want for anything! We will be back and would recommend it to our friends as well!

Reviewed 9 December 2010

As soon as I walked in I knew I had made a great choice, the Lobby atmosphere is inviting and the staff is friendly and efficient. I enjoyed all the little “extras” they had to offer from the cucumber water and cookies to the happy hour sliders with all the fixings. The pool and sauna were very clean and my room was spotless. (I also enjoyed the nice sheets and towels) I am not sure what the previous guest encountered in the fitness room but I had a great workout. All the machines were functional and it was as clean as the rest of the Hotel. Maybe they came on a maintenance day. This is the Best Value on the Coast!

1  Thank NativeOregonGirl
Reviewed 26 November 2010

I would agree with all of the good things that other travelers have said here. This hotel is a great value and I really appreciated all of the little amenities. As a huge fan of cucumber water, this made me happy. The pool, hot tub, and sauna amenities were clean and nice. The only problem I have with this hotel is that the "fitness center" is not really existent. It consisted of two broken treadmills (one of which literally had parts lying on the floor next to it) and an antiquated weight machine. It's not really fair to advertise a fitness center as an amenity with it in that kind of condition, honestly. As someone who looks for fitness centers when traveling, I thought I would warn others. But if the gym isn't important to you- you can't go wrong. Service is friendly and welcoming, rooms are spotless.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Coastgirl1
garibaldihouse, Owner at Garibaldi House Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2010

I sincerely appreciate the kind words this reviewer had for our hotel, our service and our amenities. I feel badly we let her down on the exercise equipment.

We do have a plan in place to upgrade our exercise equipment, although it is functional and in good working order. In the meantime, I can only apologize to this guest and explain that we recently had both existing treadmills serviced, and perhaps that was underway on the day she was there. I was assured, however, that only one was placed out of service at a time. If both were placed out of service at one time, we certainly do owe an apology.

As to the weight machine, it is a three station universal unit that functions well and generates a lot of compliments for us. The common theme is appreciation that we have weights available instead of just bikes, treadmills, etc. Initially we had planned to replace it with another exercise piece, but have deferred after hearing the appreciation for having weights available. Perhaps we need to re-examine this again.

We will do our best to keep listening and appreciate your willingness to keep giving us feedback.

Eugene Tish, Owner

Reviewed 8 November 2010

We were wondering how a 50-suite inn could resemble a bed-and-breakfast atmosphere. The owners and staff were able to do it! The cozy fireplace, the leather furniture in the lobby, the fresh pop corn, the fine bed linens, and quietness of it all were an extremely pleasant surprise. We had a couple of pleasant conversations with the owner, and staff was available when needed. The layout of the facility made it feel as though very few people were there. But we were later told that breadfast/social area was nearly full early in the morning. We will definitely recommend to friends and family, and will stay when in this area of the Oregon coast.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garibaldi
The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
#4 of 4 in Manzanita
Harborview Inn & RV Park
Harborview Inn & RV Park
#1 of 3 in Garibaldi

Been to Garibaldi House Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!