“Lovely small cafe”

Parkside Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Garibaldi
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleveland, Ohio
“Lovely small cafe”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is the ideal location to grab a drink, pastry, sandwich or other snack if visiting the Scenic railway, which starts right next door. The staff were extremely pleasant, helpful and friendly and my curried turkey sandwich was absolutely delicious. On top of that, the prices were very reasonable too.

I never thought I'd recommend this, but if you visit this cafe you should avail yourself of the restroom, which is the most charmingly decorated restroom I can ever recall visiting.

Eugene Oregon
“Personal service, wonderful home-cooked food”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stopped here for lunch. We had our dog with us. The sisters were just finishing taking the meat off the just-baked turkey. We sat outside, and one of the owners/waitresses brought out a little plate of turkey scraps for our dog! I told her that I am gluten-free. She said the clam chowder is gluten-free, and that they could make most anything for me that I requested. The chowder was great! Greg had a reuben sandwich that he loved. The food is all home-made and the people are friendly and the service is great!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,775 helpful votes
“Cool Spontaneous Find!”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

While driving to Depoe Bay from Seaside this past Tues. we stopped here for a quick bite to eat. This is a mom n pop type place with very good homemade food and personable service. We shared the Turkey, Bacon, Avadaco sandwich and a cup of clam chowder. Homemade coleslaw came with the salad. The turkey used in the sandwich is freshly roasted and was really good.

For the road, we bought a homemade boysenberry scone that was delicous and very fresh. They also offer a variety of pies that looked really good. We will definitely return to this cool little cafe when seeking out good food in a casual, homey ambiance. :)

• Visited September 2013
“I make better sandwiches at home!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

After vacationing on the Washingto & Oregon coast for the past two weeks, we decided to try something other than seafood for lunch today. What a mistake! My husbands sandwich was small, and made incorrectly. When you're paying $8 for a sandwich, you'd appreciate all the ingredients on it. When my husband walked up to pay the bill, he quietly mentioned to our server( who was also 1 of the 2 preparing the food) that they left the avocado off his turkey AVOCADO sandwich. Her reply was that they use an avocado" paste" and we probably couldn't see it! What???? Don't sell a turkey avocado sandwich if you don't put enough avocado on the sandwich to see, or taste. (By the way, he looked at both sides of the sandwich while eating it...there wasn't a slice, or smear of avocado "paste" to be found.)
They don't serve chips or fries, but they do include a small, 1-2 tablespoon size plastic container(the kind you use for a side of mustard or mayo) of apple-slaw.
I ordered a breakfast bagel. It was tasteless and dry. No condiments served with it.
Boring, unsatisfying lunch that left us hungry.
Save your money, make a better sandwich at home!

• Visited August 2013
Deckers, Colorado, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUMMMM!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Park Side became our "second" home during a month in Garibaldi. Good food, great coffee & outstanding ambiance. Everyone on the staff was friendly, responsive & professional. And the pastry is to DIE for!

Visited August 2013