“Highly recommend! Delicious, reasonable, and the service was wonderful!”
Review of Irish Mooring Cafe - CLOSED

Irish Mooring Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 September 2013

While staying at the Harbor Inn in Garibaldi Oregon (great place to stay!....see Trip Advisor ratings!) we ate several times at this warm cozy cafe.....the food was absolutely delicious and very reasonable. Don't miss this little nugget....you won't regret it!

Jerry T., Idaho

There are newer reviews for Irish Mooring Cafe

Reviewed 24 September 2013

This place was recommended to us so we drove some distance to try it out. It is by the mooring basin in Garibaldi, thus the name. It is in a sort of picturesque and somewhat interesting location. I gather from other reviews it has a great breakfast. We had lunch. I had the Car Bomb burger which is one of those with everything on it. It was very good and very heavy. My wife had the Reuben sandwich which is corned beef and cabbage. She thought it a nice change fom sauerkraut. The side of the day was pretty good potato salad. There is a small wine list and a small beer list. No irish beer. About half were available which is because the distributor didn't deliver the rest. Prices for everything were reasonable. Service was good. Small place with some Irish decorations, for example something about Waterford and the owners home village. Some local color. Good lunch. I have no doubt it is the best in town.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Talk about homemade irish soda bread, breakfast fries, waffles, etc., etc. We're going back tomorrow so we can have one last meal before we travel on! We will be back.

Ken and Gerri Robb, Coquille, OR

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had breakfast here when we first arrived in Garibaldi and loved it so much we came back again our second and final day here. First off, the food is amazing. Home cooked behind the counter and mouth-wateringly good. Home-fried potatoes, bacon with great flavor (and I am a bacon lover) and home made corned beef hash. Nothing better, in our book. She also makes sandwiches to go. Then there's the charm. A lovely owner who makes you feel at home, and a view of the harbor, makes this a must-visit place. I wish we lived closer so I could visit more often. Charming and comfortable with great food. We highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Rianthe
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Thank goodness, you can't put a price on the warm, welcoming, "you're one of the locals" charm of this very sweet restaurant. Otherwise, none of us could afford to eat at Irish Mooring Cafe.
As it works out, the food is more than affordable. We went into their establishment for breakfast this morning, and left feeling like we just ate with famly.
I had scrambled eggs, and the BEST (Yes. The BEST!!!) french toast I've ever eaten. Anywhere!! (Including my own.) I was served way too much to finish at one time and took the balance to go.
My husband can't stop talking about the Irish biscuits, and freshly made gravy he devoured.
Everything was delicious, filling and reasonable! The kitchen was immaculate, and your food prepared in full view. Everything is made fresh, not rewarmed in some out-of-sight kitchen. All important factors for people with food allergens!
The owners have even attached dog leasches to each picnic table out front, with bowls of fresh water for your canine companions. How sweet is that???
Don't miss this fun and delicious experience.
A side note: If you have future plans to stay at the Harbor View Inn & RV Park, Garibaldi, Oregon, this quaint little restaurant is less than a half block walking distance.