“WOW”
Review of Gearhart Ocean Inn

Gearhart Ocean Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Gearhart B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful weekend..and how spoiled we were! We arrived at Gearhart Ocean Inn for the Womens Only Weekend and from the point we checked in to checking out we were treated like royalty! Our suite was exquisite. .charming..and absolutely perfect! We had a bag of goodies in our room when we arrived and a beautiful flower arrangement.

Then the cupcake and champagne at the Natural Nook along with shopping there and the Pacific Crest Cottage added to our arrival! All within walking distance of the Inn.

Saturday evening was so much fun. When Tracy offered to chauffeur us to Cannon Beach for the evening we took her up on the offer and had sooo much fun!

The hospitality was amazing! The room was so cute and comfortable. It was perfect. You can't ask for a better location. I just wanted to move in and stay!

Without a doubt we will be back! Thank you to all for making this such a fun weekend!

Sue

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SueW149
DBLGearhartOregon, Owner at Gearhart Ocean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear WOW gals. We enjoyed every minute of your company. Thank you for your kinds words. and hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Gearhart Ocean Inn

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is our second time staying at the Gearhart Ocean Inn; and both times we enjoyed ourselves more than I can fully describe in a review. We made a point of coming back here because we knew we could fully relax and simply enjoy the beautiful Oregon Coast. The staff is friendly, helpful in suggesting things to do or where to eat, and very welcoming. The Inn is close enough to walk to the beach, its close enough to drive a quick 5 minutes to restaurants or stores.. it is perfect. My boyfriend and I both ended up catching colds while on our trip this year, but we were able to make the most of it. We stayed in a unit with a kitchen so we ate some meals in, and went out for others.. all of our experiences were fantastic! Also, having the option of borrowing some movies to watch in the rooms in front of the fire place.. another added touch. We couldn't have asked for a better place to relax, and this year, to rest while we were feeling under the weather. Thank you again, we will definitely return.

Room Tip: Every room in the Inn would be perfect, this time staying here it was really nice to have our own li...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear loyal guests, We are so glad you had fun and could relax even when being a bit under the weather. Thank you for staying with us again.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Gearhart Ocean Inn is by far my favorite place to stay when visiting the stunningly beautiful Oregon Coast. Beautifully appointed, quiet, comforting, and very reasonable, this Inn is a wonderful place for a romantic getaway, a place to take family (and pets!) for the weekend, or just to go on your own for a peaceful retreat....friendly and helpful staff...I cannot recommend it more highly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Laura, We are so pleased that you stayed with us again. Thank you for your generous compliments! Come back soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We've been traveling to Gearhart and staying at the Fitzgerald's Cottages for five or six years now during the Labor Day weekend to celebrate our anniversary and relax. The Fitzgerald's Cottages are part of the Gearhart Ocean Inn and we enjoy having our own cottage. We bring our dog with us and appreciate that our pet is welcome. Gearhart is very pet friendly. The cottage has its own fire pit which we use nightly. Gearhart has wonderful beaches and you can even drive your vehicle on the beach. Beach fires, barbeques and tailgating are very common on the Labor Day weekend I must admit nothing beats sitting on the beach with a fire and bottle of wine to watch the sun go down. We look forward to continuing our visits to Gearhart and the Fitzgerald Cottage's on a yearly basis.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
DBLGearhartOregon, Owner at Gearhart Ocean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Guests,

We are very appreciative of your loyal patronage to the Fitzgerald's Cottages every year to celebrate your anniversary. It is really fun for us to see you two (& your pup) out and about in town and heading to the quiet Gearhart beach to enjoy each other and the gorgeous Oregon coast sunsets. Until next time,

With gratitude,
--Tracy & staff

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My adult son and I decided for his birthday to drive from Bellingham Washington down the Oregon coast. Since I wanted it to be a special time, I searched for a special place to stay while we road tripped. I did not want to stay in a touristy place. In searching the internet I came upon the small town of Gearhart Oregon. There was a small shingled cottage style Inn with 12 units.The Gearhart Ocean Inn. It looked cute and we wanted low key. I booked for the weekend Sept 7th and 8th. The place is clean and quiet,, full kitchen, separate bedroom, cosy fireplace.. Just like out of a picture book. But.what made the place were the owners and staff, who were exceptional.( and I travel for a living) We were late arriving and we got a call wondering where we were and that they would leave the light on for us. The inn is at the town crossroads which consists of a very nice restaurant, a bakery, a grocery store and a real estate office. That is it. The beach is a short distance away with a deep sand duned grassy area, trails and benches leading to an unspoiled, non crowded, spectacular beach. Like it was all there just for you.
The bedroom had two beds that had down quilts and puffy pillows. Once you got in bed, you didn't want to leave, it felt so good. Again, the place was clean,quiet and nicely decorated. We got our wonderful bakery items and came back to the Inn,which had an area in back with tables and chairs, to eat our breakfast in a grassed area surrounded by beautiful flowers. I had told the office it was my son's birthday and that I didn't order their special package. Then forgot about the conversation. When we returned to the inn, there was a handwritten birthday card with some chocolates. We just couldn't believe the caring and thoughtfulness.The beds were always made again and turned down. Towels replaced as necessary. They are very environmentally conscious. Everyone was cheerful, helpful, smiling and concerned about your stay. Follow up e-mails to wish you a good trip home and to say thank you for staying. Book well in advance in season. This is a place worth staying at. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We got a room near the road that I thought would be noisy. The town is so small and quiet that it di...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mom & Son,

I remember you both and the lovely visit we had when you popped into the Office to say "Hello." Thank you for your kind words about your stay. Life has its ups & downs and we feel honored to help our guests celebrate any special occasion. Your son's birthday was a great celebration for us to share.

Best regards,
--Tracy & staff

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I thought I was on the Oregon Coast not Cape Cod, what an amazing place this hide away from the World. Very Cozy, Very Clean, Spotless Interior, Great Little Kitchen, Warm Cozy Beds. I used to stay here as a child with my folks it has been a complete redo and is much more Amazing than my child dreams were. So quiet, so clean. The weather was amazing highs in the lower 60s Clear skies and cool nights in the lower 40s. The Salt Clean Crisp Air puts you in a daze sleeping at night. We would leave the windows open and it was so quiet I was scared to cough it might upset someone. The Gearhart Grocery and a quaint little pastry shop are a stones throw away. And if it could only get any better well try walking to the Beach only 250 steps {yes I counted them} and the homes all around look like something in your dreams. The owners are beyond friendly and trust me this is well worth the effort of coming here. But please don't come when I want to because I'll throw a fit if they are full.

Room Tip: The Larger rooms are a bit more but well worth the value if your going to stay more than a few night...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Just returned from our 3rd annual trip to Gearhart. We just love the whole area. Such a quaint and cozy feeling staying at the cottages. We saw an article in Sunset magazine and decided to try it and we weren't disappointed at all! Coming from Calif. we take the scenic way up the coast. Brings back memories of my dad taking us trailer-camping through the same places when we were young. Gearhart Ocean Inn is the best place if your looking for quiet, cozy, close to the beach,and very respectful staff!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gearhart
Best Western Ocean View Resort
#6 of 27 in Seaside
Rivertide Suites
Rivertide Suites
#4 of 27 in Seaside

Been to Gearhart Ocean Inn? Share your experiences!