Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort(Seaside)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$279
BestWestern.com
Ebb Tide Oceanfront Inn(Seaside)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$178
  • Breakfast included
Rivertide Suites Hotel(Seaside)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$268
US$236
  • Breakfast included
City Center Motel(Seaside)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$153
Inn at Seaside(Seaside)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$241
Hotels.com
Hillcrest Inn(Seaside)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$207
US$197
US$193
Seashore Inn on the Beach(Seaside)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$222
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsocean viewgolf linksone bedroom unittop floorgreat viewthird floorcondounitsseasidelofttamigrandkidscoastretreat
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Recently stayed there for a honeymoon, in room 607. Although the trip was amazing and we enjoyed ourselves, the room was not the least bit comfortable. For starters, the main bedroom bed was as hard as a rock and no mater how well we tried, it was not working for us. So we moved to the pull out bed from the couch and that was not working with us but we ended up sticking with it for the week. There were barely any plugs, the ones they had were at inconvenient locations. The plus side was that there was an ocean view, the kitchen was decent.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alejandro Z
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This unit is so much in need of upgrading. It has a limited view of ocean. Dishwasher is so poor, you can't utilize it to the max. Terrible waste of space. No disposal. Deck is ugh! Bathrooms need serious attention. Housekeeping staff is attentive, but simply does not cover for the deficiencies in this unit. They've jammed in as much furniture as possible so that you can hardly walk through the unit without bumping into something. Closets in master BR were without rods, no hangers. Way too much money for what you get. I've stayed in units for half this money and been better served! Don't rent this unless desperate!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank roger j
GBTSManager, Manager at Gearhart by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you for letting me know about your stay. We do not have garbage disposals in the units because we are on a septic system as there is no city sewer. I will look at the dishwasher and have it repaired or replaced. I will send your response to the owner of this unit regarding your concerns.

Thanks,

Paul Tice

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We have stayed here the last 4 years. This year we were in 714 and it was very comfortable. When booking a condo at Gearhart you must review the pictures of the available condo's. We have found the best thing to do is while staying here ask to see other rentals then pick. Tami is a great help and we talk to her every year. We enjoy staying in the north wing (2+ bedrooms and bath's) because it faces the ocean. I recommend staying on the 4th or 5th floor (highest). We have stayed twice on the 5th floor but the owners have not updated the unit and it is not comfortable for use. The views on either floor are excellent. Some units do allow pets. We will be back next year. Great driving on the beach. Location is great for the family we visit. I find this the best location because it is not congested like Seaside or Astoria.

Room Tip: Depends on number of bedrooms and view you want. Ocean views best in North Wing but here the units have 2+ bedrooms and 2 Bath's. The south wing has partial views of the ocean and are 1 bedroom and 1 Bath. The ones on the 4th floor have a loft. You can not avoid the noise issue from the parking lot because the bedrooms are facing it. After 10:00 PM guests are suppose to be quiet. We have had only one issue and it was reported and resolved. The sound proofing between floors and rooms appears to be very good. Remember to review the pictures of your condo prior to making reservations and of course I would advise asking Tami to see if she will offer an opinion based on your criteria.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank USMC178
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My niece wanted to go to Seaside for her graduation present from me. So I booked the Gearhart by the Sea. When I called I asked for a room that had a full ocean view I explained that I was coming from Texas and wanted to see the beautiful pacific ocean. We checked in on a Friday and when I opened the doors it was way more than what I expected. The view was exactly what I was looking for the room was so big it had 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms. A full size kitchen and a living room and dining room. It felt like we were staying in someone's apartment. The staff was so friendly and helpful. If I ever make it back to OR I will make sure that this is where I stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sshouston1
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I love Gearhart. I'm 40 years old, and the first time I was there was in 1985 with my parents, grandparents, and aunts and uncles and cousins. So this place is sort of special to my family. June was the first time we'd been back since the 80s, and I'm happy to report that it's just as wonderful as I remembered.

We stayed in the single-level condos closest to the beach, which are behind the high-rise unit. My family stayed in one (405) that allowed our lab to join us, and my parents and brother's family stayed in an equally outfitted condo (412) a few units down. The place had everything we needed, including a VHS "MovieWalker" and a library of movies for the whole family. Super fun! The kitchen is well stocked, there are plenty of comfortable chairs, and the beds were fine. The kids had a blast discovering the "craftmatic adjustable bed" in the second bedroom.

Our only complaint is ventilation. None of the windows open. Only the doors open, but there are no screen doors to keep in dogs and kids and keep out the bugs. There's no A/C or fan (that we could find), but the maintenance guy brought us a box fan to stick in the door. Problem solved.

It opens to the beach, so it was a short walk down to the water. The view is wonderful, obviously. It's just a peaceful, relaxing, easy place to be.

The location is central, too, to most things on the northern Oregon coast. The small town of Gearhart is just minutes away -- the Safeway is about 5 minutes a way, but there's a great little market just up the road within walking distance -- Seaside is 10 - 15 minutes away, Astoria is 20 minutes or so north, and Tillamook is about an hour south.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family