Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gladstone
Brisbane, Australia
“Nice Rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

The rooms were nice and large. The view from the window was average as it overlooked the highway, but the room was quiet so no problems there. Check in was great and the staff were friendly, but they were let down by the restaurant server/cleaner.

Check out was a bit slow as they only had one person on the counter. but apart from that the stay was OK.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelMgmtPDXGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area, responded to this review, 9 June 2015
We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards but are pleased to know that you enjoyed your room and the rest of your stay. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service from check in to check out.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Carrara
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We've stayed many times at this location over the years. It provides a convenient location for visiting family, friends and the Portland Metro area. On my last visit in December the hotel was going through branding changes as well as some staff changes. During our stays this time(2 weeks total)I would say that customer service is still in it's training stages for some of the desk staff. This hotel was built next to a freeway that when built did not have the traffic that it currently has. The hotel is in need of some updating, including customer service, room quietness, hallway cleanliness and just in general. The hotel offers a breakfast and an evening snack service. While we stayed the hotel was very busy, seemed almost too busy for some of the desk staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank pebitpeb
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear pebitpeb,

Thank you for writing a candid review on your recent stay. We appreciate your loyalty in choosing our hotel, and it is very nice to know that our location is suitable to your travel needs. On the other hand, please accept our sincere apologies as it seems the hotel condition and level of service fell below your expectations.

Your comments are very important to us as they allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We hope that if your travels brings you back to our area you would give us another opportunity to provide the excellent accommodations you were expecting.

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chehalis, Washington, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Let me start by saying we stayed at this property last year, when it was Oxford Suites, and the stay was great. The rooms are still OK, nothing great, nothing bad, but it does not make up for the horrible way we were treated. Even worse, it wasn't just my family but a number of people staying there. We were there, with a large block of rooms that were booked a few months ago, for a very large girls college exposure fastpitch tournament. There were at least 3 different teams staying there, based on the Welcome Board posted in the lobby. That was pretty much the end of the welcoming part of this hotel.

We arrived at 10 pm Friday night, since my daughter's fastpitch games didn't end until late. We literally crawled into bed, as we had to be back at the ballfields at 6:30 am the following morning. At 5 am the next morning, we were greeted with freezing cold water...no hot water to be had for a shower. Since we hadn't showered the night before due to needing to be up early to get to the fields, this was awful. My 14 year old daughter was literally in tears at having to endure a freezing cold shower, then had to go play all day at the fields. Upon arrival at the fields, we found out from other parents that nobody in the hotel got a hot shower as their pilot light went out. Some people had time to complain to the desk about this, but most of us didn't have enough time for that. I had already planned on addressing this upon my return and had expected that this hotel would live up to it's posted "Hospitality Promise", which is very clearly stated in their rooms, which says that if any part of your stay isn't satisfactory, they promise to make it right or we don't pay for that part of our stay.

To my surprise, when I asked the front desk clerk about our issues with no hot water, I was first very rudely told that they were only discounting rooms for people who had complained in the morning and since I hadn't they wouldn't discount anything. I explained that I had been at the ball fields until 10 pm the night before, had to be back at the fields that morning at 6:30, and simply didn't have time that morning before I left, that was why I was there now about it. She then told me that they may not do anything for anyone who complained, since so many people had heard about it and were now asking for discounts, and then she asked if I had really showered. I told her both my daughter and I had showered at 5 in COLD water, and that is not what I paid good money for a room for. She then said they were just putting everyone on a list and they would see what the manager would do, and she again reiterated they may not do anything.

I received a phone call about an hour later, and the front desk clerk said the manager had authorized a 5-10% reduction in the bill, which amounted to all of $12. I told her I found that highly insulting that 2 people having to endure ice cold showers was worth so little to them. She said that's the most they would do. I said that I was very disappointed that they cared so little for their guests.....I stay in a hotel for a place to sleep AND a shower...apparently they feel a shower is only 10% of what people stay in a hotel room for. If it was lack of bath products, not enough juice at breakfast, or the wrong kind of pillow I could understand such a small discount. But this was a shower!!! I doubt there are many people who stay in a hotel that don't use the shower.

To add insult to injury, not only did they NOT deduct the $12 from my bill, they actually charged me $20 more than my original reservation quoted. It's not even the money at this point, it's just the matter that they simply do not care about their guests at all. The only point in time I ever received anything of an apology for what we went through was after I expressed disappointment at how little they were going to reduce my bill. She then said "Sorry for the inconvenience, good bye." That was it. At no point did I receive anything that was genuine apology for what they subjected to us to, or anything that amounted to any kind of caring at all.

Never again will I stay at this place...and I will tell absolutely everyone I know not to either. Hotels are supposed to all about customer service, pleasing the guest, and making you feel like you're at home away from home. Not this place...their service stops the minute the reservation is made and apparently you are supposed to feel lucky you are getting to stay there, rather than the other way around. This hotel should be highly embarrassed for the way their staff handled this.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank strssr994
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
I want to thank you for the review and taking the time to write one. I understand you being upset with the customer service that you received and can assure you that is not the normal service that we provide. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the hot water during your stay and the problem was corrected as soon as we became aware of it.
We take great pride in all the groups that we have staying with us and would like to have the opportunity to make things right the next time that you are in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Gladstone hotels

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My initial experience with the hotel's tremendously helpful, very efficient, and sincere front desk staff was one of the most accommodating in recent memory. Once I explained the complex issue I was seeking help with, it was almost as if Felicia took my problem to be her own, and quite literally could not do enough to resolve the issue! Felicia's willing determination to achieve guest satisfaction went far and above what anyone would normally receive/anticipate! Once I finally arrived at the hotel, it was immediate evident that her attitude was the norm for the front desk staff! Of outstanding mention are Sandy, Susie, and William! They went out of their way to offer a cheerful, professional, yet friendly and sincere greeting to every person who entered the lobby by way of the front desk. My enthusiasm for this hotel does not end with the superb customer service. The hotel itself is very unique, actually resort-like. It is situated on the banks of the Willamette River at one of the many shoals and switchback turns it makes, perched atop the jagged granite miniature "cliffs", with outstanding views from virtually any room in the hotel. My suite had a balcony on the top (5h) floor, with an ideal view down onto the river. I watched in amazement as i counted at least 6 separate families of mallard and wood ducks hanging out, cavorting with each other {all families had numerous baby ducks who were clearly being taught how to fish, etc}! Tne suite decor was somewhat current, not at all dated, very pleasant colours, and very spacious! For once, the living area and bedroom area actually had a sliding door that could effectively separate the two (2). Equipped with a refrigerator, as well as a microwave, 2 flat screen LED TV's, DVD player, and very comfortable couch and easy chair. The balcony had 2 chairs thoughtfully placed to just sit and enjoy watching the river and it's many charms! STAY HERE--VERY RELAXING AND LAIDBACK!

Room Tip: request a balcony--most rooms have them but not all, and if you wish to enjoy the river in it's...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CaliforniaKewl
Thank you so much for your exceptional review of our Property and the comments regarding the service that you received during the stay. I have shared your comments with the staff and they are pleased that they were able to assist you . We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Ontario, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 days during a recent stay. Sits right next to the river so it was very pleasant to listen too. Nicci at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. The continental breakfast was okay but nice to have instead of easting out. The room had a really nice king bead and sofa sleeper. Has a fridge and microwave. They provide shampoo and such and also provide a hair-dryer, iron and ironing board. They have an indoor pool, hot tub and exercise room. This was a nice place and the 1st time I had stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and the comments regarding our staff member Nicci.
I am glad that you were able to enjoy the array of items in our continental breakfast. We do hope that you will come stay with us again the next time you are in the Clackamas Area.
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Good size rooms with balcony overlooking the river. The freeway is also the other side of the river, so it can be noisy if you open the door in the mornings. Had read a bad review and was a bit worried but need not have been! Reception was courteous, room clean and comfortable. Snacks and drinks were provided in the evening plus a good selection at breakfast. There is supermarket across the car park and a very nice family restaurant next to it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. We are glad to know that you even after reading other reviews that you were able to come and experience the courtesy of the staff and the comfort of our rooms. We look forward to having you come stay with us in the future.
Kingsburg, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

This Holiday Inn is located in a semi rural area 2- 3 miles south of Clackamas Town Center with convenient access to the 205 freeway. It also has a safeway store right next door that stays open late. The hotel overlooks the beautiful rushing Clackamas River. There are walking paths a short distance away that run along side the river. The hotel itself was acquired from an upscale suite hotel company a short time ago and many of the rooms are better than what you would expect from the average Holiday Inn Express. The only downside is that the breakfast which we have come to count on doesnt start as early as advertised and the Coffee the three days we were there was luke warm at best first thing in the morning as if it had been made the night before.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the river
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gladstone
BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Lakeshore Inn
Lakeshore Inn
#5 of 7 in Lake Oswego

Been to Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area? Share your experiences!