“Mostly senior citizens eat here”
Review of Tebo's Restaurant - CLOSED

Tebo's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Mostly senior citizens eat here”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

It's now a cafeteria style restaurant, although they will cook your order and bring it to you. The food was good -- especially the strawberry shortcake.

Visited July 2013

Wilsonville, Oregon, United States
“Great Neighborhood Restaurant with great service”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Had lunch with two other couples at Tebo's and it turned out great! Since I am celiac, I was not looking forward to eating here, thinking I would be relegated to the salad line. Then I saw that they had a great menu for salads, but also saw a sign that said :Gluten free hamburger buns and sandwich bread. I almost fell over but was very happy at the thought of having a hamburger in a restaurant! I ordered their regular hamburger and fries (also gluten-free). At Tebo's, you dress you own sandwich with an array of condiments available at the salad table. I personally like to dress my own hamburgers as I love mayo and thousand island dressing on my bun, as well a a nice tomato slice. The gluten free bun was toasted lightly and seemed very fresh and light, not soggy from being taken from the freezer and thawed in the microwave oven. The fries were rthe shoestring type and with a bit of salt added, scrumptious! My wife enjoyed their bison burger and found it to be moist and tasty. She added a coconut cream pie for dessert and it was also excellent. I was the only one who ordered coffee and the wait staff came around often to fill my cup. The service is excellent and very friendly. The atmosphere is enjoyable but very simple and even though it was a Monday, the place of quite full...and quite quiet for such a crowd. I now will make a point to eat there when in the area. It is easy to find on McLaughlin Avenue just north of Oregon City in Gladstone.

• Visited July 2013
Portland, Oregon
“A Local Legend”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

So...I've been going to Tebo's (named after Ted & Bob, the owners...who took it over from the founders, Gene & Joe). I've been a customer since the place opened in the early 1960's so I know the REAL story. Why do people love Tebo's? Because you get to do up your burger any way you want at their fresh condiment bar. I make mine with a huge onion ring, shredded lettuce and lots of Bleu cheese dressing...KILLER! Because you can still get Halibut Fish & Chips that are the best anywhere. Because you can get a real grilled Corned Beef on Rye...piled high. Try a Chili Burger! Have a crunchy fresh salad...it's all made right there. Want some real Egg Custard for dessert? Or Custard Pie (or one of the other 20 kinds of pie they make right there)? Or if the big sign is up outside (the one with the giant shortcake on it) it means they're serving their famous Strawberry Shortcake. So why do people like Tebo's? Because they serve classics made the same way they did 50 years ago that taste like it was made fresh a few minutes ago. And they're not afraid to show you how it's made since you go right by the grill with your tray (it's cafeteria style). Oh...and I'll have the iced tea/lemonade with my fish-n-chips, a piece of Marionberry pie (they come out when you're ready and take it back and add ice cream)...or if I'm feeling brave, some of that shortcake.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank David M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wanabe Denny's”
Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

From the outside it looked beautiful but.... Once you get into the restaurant the menu is on the wall so u can not sit and relax while you decide, the fries were horrible they bland and over cooked the burgers were also burnt and the cheese was generic and made the burger taste awful.... We were very disapointed cause from the look of the outside gave us the impression that we were going to receive a wonderful meal. Unfortunately looks can be deceiving....

1 Thank TwoScoops75
Kansas City, Missouri
“Cobbler is Out of this World”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

This restaurant is arranged thoughtfully, with comfortable seating and broad menu. The burgers are delicious -- you cannot eat just half. They take "have it your way" to a new level, with a myriad of condiments and garnishes for burgers, accessible for any order. There has never been a tastier marionberry cobbler known to man.

• Visited January 2013