While Salishan used to be "the" place to go on the coast, the facilities are starting to wear and it shows. Decks have rotting boards, bathrooms need upgrading, and the service in the bar isn't all that great. Having said these things, I stayed there for a conference recently. As a member of the conference I received a discount for my room - with that my room was $179/nt. not including taxes and fees. While the room was lovely, I don't know that I would have paid that much or whatever the un-discounted price would be. They did treat the conference goers well and the meals provided with the conference were delicious.
Unfortunately, there were some things I didn't like. I went to the bar for happy hour one evening and did not have a good experience. I was by myself so I sat at the bar and didn't take up a table all to myself. There was no dedicated bartender. All the servers were also bartenders. So there was a constant hustle and bustle behind the bar, and I because my bartender was also a server out at the tables, she wasn't there to see that my drink had sat empty for 20 minutes and that my food still hadn't arrived. I had to wave and "shout" her down to get her to address these things.... very sad.
Additionally, their spa is so expensive, it precludes nearly anyone from going there. I have been to a few of some of the finest spas in the Northwest, and none of them are as expensive as here. I couldn't in good conscience spend over $100 for a facial.
So, while I was treated nicely by the staff and it was a great place to have a conference, I don't know that I would stay here on my own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Oregon Coast iconic Resort, Located on 250 beautifully forested acres, offers spacious view guest rooms, world-class Spa, Scenic Golf, an indoor Tennis Pavilion, indoor pool with whirlpool, fitness center, sauna and five dining options, from casual Deli items to fine dining with a focus on indigenous-fair. Designed as an up-scale lodge in 1965 showcasing extensive use of local woods and stone is complemented with an extensive art collection by Northwest artists is unsurpassed, tying together both the properties classic architecture and the land-use sensibilities. Ideal for Leisure guests and conference events, our 205 guestroom, 16,000 square feet of event space ensures a unique and inviting experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Salishan Spa and Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salishan Lodge And Golf Hotel Gleneden Beach
- Salishan Hotel Gleneden Beach
- Salishan Resort Gleneden Beach
- Salishan Golf Lodge
- Salishan Lodge Resort