“This place has character & fabulous food.. Unimpressed with the service”
Review of Side Door Cafe

Side Door Cafe
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: At Side Door Cafe, our locally owned,family operated restaurant is focused on providing the best food around, with the highest levels of customer satisfaction - we will do everything we can to exceed your expectations. Side Door Cafe proudly serves locally trolled fish, farm fresh organic produce, & all natural beef. With a variety of offerings to choose from, we're sure you'll be happy dinning with us. All of our menu items are prepared by our Chefs to order for your pleasure.
“This place has character & fabulous food.. Unimpressed with the service”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Great ambiance, fireplace, private booths and cute decor... Extensive menu with fresh fish, meat and veggie options... Meals were large portions-favorite dish was salmon Caesar salad, marionberry crisp was fantastic! Now on to the service... Felt a bit rushed from the get go, and actually throughout the entire meal, even more so when we were approached by two different servers in the midst of our meal to ask if we needed to go boxes... And this was no later than a 730 seating.. We all have worked in the service industry and know its a challenge at times but no need to Shew off the customers... Final note, I would go back

• Visited February 2014

Bend
“Charming”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

A darling restaurant for dinner with my Valentine! My husband had the dinner Special... Lobster stuffed Salmon... and says he does believe it's the best Salmon he has ever had! I had a fabulous Steak and twice baked potato. Our meal including a side salad and desert came to just under 100 dollars. However, worth every penny of it. Oh, almost forgot the cutest restroom ever! The walls are covered in chalk boards and have inspirational phrases written on them as well as cute customer comments!

• Visited February 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Amazing”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I enjoyed a lovely meal here in January! Zoila was one of our servers and was very prompt and cheerful when coming to our table, answering questions, or making suggestions. I enjoyed the crab cake for an appetizer... I don't usually eat seafood but they were delicious! I had a rib eye steak in a demi glaze sauce and it just melted in my mouth. I'm not sure what the cooks are doing back there but the sauce was the best I've ever had. Then came dessert... the chocolate pie.... yes, please... that is all! :)

The prices are high, but worth every penny!

• Visited January 2014
Gleneden Beach, Oregon
“My favorite Gleneden place to eat.”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

They always have delicious food freshly prepared. They have organic greens and good bakery items also.

• Visited September 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Great food”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the timeshare I was staying at in Depoe Bay so I decided to try it for lunch. Ordered the soup and salad, soup was gingered carrot bisque, something new for me. Very good and I would order again. The salad was called a petite salad but I thought it was large. Greens, carrots, white radish, cucs, etc and an excellent herb vingarette. And of course the large chocolate chip cookie. Had to take half home with me.

Enjoyed this restaurant so much, I stopped in again the next day for a late lunch. This time I ordered an appetizer thinking it would be less to eat but the plate of 3 crab cakes was on a bed of wilted spinach and tomatoes pieces. A full plate. Very good, loved it. Fresh, delicious and would recommend but I don't see how anyone could enjoy this and a main course as well. Ended this meal with ice cream with the marionberry reduction. I was amazed at the size when they brought it so had to take it back with me as well to enjoy later and enjoy I did. Would highly recomment this restaurant if you are in the area.

• Visited January 2014