“Peaceful and serene Environment”
Review of Tu Tu Tun Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gold Beach
Tu Tu Tun Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Gold Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The staff at Tu Tu Tun Lodge was amazing in many small and personal ways. We recently stayed for two nights in late August of 2013 and this place was truly one of the highlights of the trip. The staff was calm and professional and initimate without being too familiar by recognizing us by first and last names, quickly accommodating our styles with dinner sitting partners and recommendations for activities. The food and serving of meals was genuinely low key, simple and delicious with stimulating conversations all around. We did take the Jerry Rogue River boat ride for 4.5 hours and went kayaking on the river solo. Too much fun. The rooms were pleasant with balcony room (ground level) our choice, small complex, very quiet, very romantic and nature all around. My husband's favorite memory could have been playing a round of green putting golf with the local celebrity deer, named BOB, or even walking through the fantastic herb, vegetable and flower cutting garden and getting insights from the on-sight horiticulture staff. The staff was responsive to our requests to modify the heavy comforter bedding to a cooler bedspread, removal and storage of lots of shams and pillows and making it a simply lovely example of understanding customer service at its best. We would definately recommend this place and hopefully will return one day to enjoy again. We would also recommend staying on site and not going out to a local area for meals because it is a hidden and somewhat more remote location and is considered romance away from the masses.

Room Tip: Choose a floor level if you would like the feel of nature moving into your room more easily. Still h...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Tu Tu Tun Lodge

Reviewed 9 October 2013

What an wonderful gem! We stayed here at the end of May for one night and our only regret was that we didn't stay longer. Every detail in the resort and the room was top notch, from the best linens and toiletries to incredible, impeccable maintenance, outstanding service and a beautiful setting. In the afternoon they served beautifully prepared appetizers with wonderful local wine and we enjoyed it sitting in front of a large, blazing fireplace in the main lodge. The food was outstanding at breakfast too with amazing smoked meats, eggs, incredible pastries, french toast to die for and, fresh berries and so much more. The owner made a point to get to know each guest we felt like we were welcomed to someone's private resort. There are so many things to do in the area, including the speed boats on the river, but we had only one night before leaving on our drive down the coast. Next time, I would plan at least two nights here and make sure we could have dinner at the resort one of those nights!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I was on a weekend road trip up the Oregon Coast and was looking for a good camping spot. That didn't pan out so I jumped on the internet and came across this AMAZING hotel. This is one of those places that is far more beautiful in person than on the internet. The service here is impeccable and unbelievably friendly - Jocelyn and Kyle were fabulous hosts the night I arrived. They take the time to learn your name and ensure you are well taken care of - you will not be disappointed. The room I had was well appointed with italian linens and a lovely fireplace. It was a quick trip so I did not have the opportunity to explore the area - but - definitely looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2013

What can I say that has not been said before? Tu Tu Tun is definitely the place to stay in Oregon.
From the moment we arrived we were treated to friendly and efficient service. The evening meals were a fantastic experience, both from the food and company point of view. We met some lovely people and enjoyed many varied conversations. My husband enjoyed taking the mail boat trip while I stayed on the property enjoying the sunshine and the views over the beautiful Rogue River. Kyle and his staff work very hard and should be commended for providing such a wonderful experience for their guests. We hope to return again next year and maybe stay even longer !

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My wife and I stopped at Tu Tu Tun for two nights on a road trip up the coast, and we wished we had been able to stay for longer. As everybody describes, the scenery is incredible, and there are lots of hikes and day trips nearby. That said, we were happy to take a couple of quick walks and relax on property. The staff are fantastic, and so is the food.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I spent 9 days travelling through Oregon in September with a focus on mountain biking and hadn't originally planned on going as far south as Gold Beach. However, since I probably wouldn't have the chance to salmon fish again anytime soon, I booked a guide on the Rogue and (at the insistence of my parents who had stayed there before) called the TuTuTun. Unfortunately, because of the late date, they only had one room available for one night. No problem, I was going.

Although Gold Beach and the area around TuTuTun is remote, the lodge isn't in the "wilderness". The property is beautiful and peaceful, located on the north bank of the Rogue River. It's a little hard to describe, but the term "rugged luxury" comes to mind. The main lodge has a very open and homey feel through the dining area, bar and lounging area. From just about anywhere, you can look out the large windows out to the patio and river.

The main wing of rooms is set up adjacent to the lodge each with a balcony from which to sit and enjoy the view of the grounds and river. Overall, my room had a masculine feel....finished out beautifully with quality fixtures, built-ins and hardware (these details are not lost but appreciated) and furnished with comfortable, quality furniture and linens. If I ever have a cabin in the woods, these rooms (and lodge for that matter) would serve as the blueprint. Somewhere I read that the TuTuTun was a "labor of love" and that is quite apparent.

I arrived in the afternoon in time to clean up and relax before cocktails on the patio. It was enjoyable to meet the other guests and listen to their stories of their adventures, their luck (or lack thereof) on the river, etc. During those conversations, it became apparent that many of the guests are repeat visitors, and a number of them come back every year. In a nation/world where travel offerings are so wide, varied and wonderful, the fact that people come back year after year speaks volumes.

Following cocktails and hors d'oeuvrs, we all sat down at several tables inside for a chef prepared family style dinner, where we continued to get to know the other guests (it was here that I met Bevp from Leeds - whose review is below). The entire experience was wonderful, and it saddened me to know that I would only be there 1 night. If you visit TuTuTun, you really need to join them for dinner. To skip it would be to miss half of the magic of your stay.

The next morning, they set me up with a backpack lunch for my fishing trip. I had a great day fishing the Rogue and managed to land 5 salmon. Between fish, I sat back and enjoyed bits of my lunch and started devising a plan for a return visit. My wife enjoys fishing adn outdoor activities well enough, but what it really comes down to is.....I don't think it will be a hard sell, as she is quite interested to see this place I've been going on and on about.

So the TuTuTun was certainly out of my way, my stay was be far too brief, and it was book ended by long drives....but it was certainly worth the effort.

Room Tip: My room was upstairs and that probably made it a little quieter. If you are coming with a group, co...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the end of August. The moment we pulled into the lodge, we knew we were in for a treat. The lodge is beautifully decorated and landscaped, our room was the perfect combination of casual and luxurious, the food was delectable, and the service was top notch.

We arrived late on our first night, after the dinner hour started. So we did not experience the family-style dinner. On our second night, we chose to have a romantic dinner on our balcony (for $30 extra - the meal will be served there).

We spent our one full day there exploring the area, hiking the Rogue River Trail, playing pitch 'n putt on the front lawn, and sitting with a good book on adirondack chairs on the lawn overlooking the river.

Other options are the jet boat rides (which people seemed to enjoy immensely), fishing and kayaking on the river.

Bottom line: I highly recommend this marvelous establishment for a long weekend visit. You will decompress quickly and leave with fond memories, I suspect.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple