“Great Little Place”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Gold Beach
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Great Little Place”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Great place sitting on top of hill with nice view. Everything was very clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful not to mention they make a good morning coffee. Great value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SonnyTes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Well its been 10 hours of driving and checking out the sites along route 101 since leaving the dump known as Cloverdale Oaks motel in Cloverdale CA. Me and the best half roll into Gold Beach OR and see that there is a Motel 6 in town.We have used motel 6 often in our travels and have usually been pretty lucky with acceptable and affordable lodging. this location however is the best affordable motel we have ever stayed at, nice big rooms, newly renovated,clean,very friendly staff and a nice location up on a bluff looking over the trees with partial views of the water and a nice park like property that invites you to grab a drink and some food and relax in the picnic area.We highly recommend this motel you will not be disappointed. For an extra 40 bux u can get a jacuzzi suite but unfortunately they dont allow pets in them,o well theres a public spa if you want so no biggy.

1 Thank steven c
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I don't recall if we stayed at a Motel 6 in the past so I can't compare this motel with other Motel 6 as previous reviewers were able. It's a basic, no frills motel but what compelled me to write this review wouldn't be about what we considered the best location in all of Gold Beach but something so simple. A phone call we received in the room approximately 15 minutes after settling in asking if everything was in order and if we were satisfied with the room. It's a little thing but it so unexpected from a budget motel it greatly impressed us!
We've stayed in many fine hotels and haven't received that type of courtesy.
The young woman who checked us in was very friendly. She initially couldn't find our reservation in the system. I presented the email confirmation from my phone but when the system still couldn't produce our reservation she easily checked us in without a problem.
Others had mentioned taking a room on the second floor for the view. We preferred street level that allowed us to easily back up our car and bring our bags straight in. The rooms don't have balconies anyway. We briefly walked up to that level to admire the view that wasn't any much better.

Room Tip: First floor (street level) is convenient to pull your car up to the door of your room.
1 Thank SFWanderer
Garden Grove, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I can only agree with the other recent reviews posted on this page: this is a great place to stay on the Oregon coast. It is newly-refurbished, with microwave, fridge, and other amenities. This place may change your mind if you think of Motel 6 as being a last resort place to stay. Staff here are friendly and helpful. It has a quiet, woodsy surrounding and is really quiet at night. Bed was very comfortable in our room. There are also suites available. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Our second-floor room gave us no location problems.
1 Thank Donald G
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Hi this place is somewhere I would recommend even to my enemies. It's that nice. The staff is so friendly and so welcoming, my family and I felt as if we were at home. I couldnt be more pleased and will come back soon!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Darshan739
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I loved the hotel, the staff, the rooms, the location, everything! It was amazing. The prices are very reasonable and affordable. Although I would like to say that it doesn't even feel like a motel. The interior decor is very classy and sophisticated. I went a few years back and it wasn't this nice, it seems as if its newly renovated.

Room Tip: Better view on the top floor!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank stacy m
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have been traveling on highway 101 and have been camping and lots of other places. Because I was traveling I decided to stay in the Motel 6 on the costal area. I thought it was regular Motel 6, but when I stayed there I realized the difference. The room was nice, neat and recently renovated. It also had LED TV. The Motel is in a a good safe place and view of the river from the second floor is beautiful. The price of the room is reasonable and the staff efficient, polite, and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo