“Very Enjoyable stay”

Inn of the Beachcomber
Ranked #5 of 5 Gold Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 October 2013

While a bit tacky on the outside, our room was very comfortable and cozy, with a great bed, cute gas fireplace and plenty of free DVDs to choose from. Steps from the beach, it was a good value for the price. Staff was friendly and had suggestions. Directly across the street (highway 101) is the US Forest Service with tons of maps and help on finding hiking trails and other activities. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Nice views of ocean from 2nd floor rooms.
Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We spent the extra few bucks for the room on the second floor with a view of the ocean with a hot tub on our private balcony - that alone was worth the price of admission!!! Staff was also very, very friendly and breakfast hit the spot too.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Courtney T, Front Office Manager at Inn of the Beachcomber, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here with us! Those spa rooms are quite a treat after a long drive! If you guys are planning on traveling back through for the holidays you should give our website a look over.. innofthebeachcomber.com.. or just give me a call at 541-247-6691.. we have some GREAT deals going on now through the end of the year!

Thanks! Hope to see you guys again!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My friends and I have been going to this hotel for about eight years now. It is humble on the outside, neat and clean. The owner put a lot of his attention into the rooms. Each room is beautifully appointed and enjoyable to settle down in for a relaxing and rejuvenating time. The bedding is very good quality and the beds are very comfortable. You can get great ocean views from a lot of the rooms and it is right behind low lying dunes, so it is as close to the ocean as you can get!
The staff is always friendly and helpful. They really care about your stay. If there is anything you need, they're on it. Breakfast is very good, set up in nice dining room.
And the rates are really, really good. Compare them to lots of places, and you will see what I mean. I have done the comparison shopping, and have stayed at other places on the Coast, especially the South Coast. It really is the best value around. It's my home away from home.

Room Tip: For the best views get a room on the second floor ocean view. Also the bungalow type rooms on the fi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Yay! So glad you enjoyed your stay here with us! We love returning guests.. we do our best to treat y'all right! We loveeee us some happy people in the morning!

Hopefully we see you again this season!
Thanks!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

My sister and I spent 2 nights here and were very happy with everything. We got a room on the second floor, ocean side with a balcony. Loved the Mission style furniture in the room. The only complaint was the bottom of the bed was a "shin grabber". After returning from a trip up the Rogue River, we looked out on our balcony and saw a POD OF WHALES!!! They were real close to the shore and we were certain that there was a calf in the pod as well (little spout right next to a big spout). We were so lucky to be able to watch them for a few minutes as they slowly swam south then about 10 minutes later we got to watch them AGAIN heading north. It doesn't get any better than this! The ocean view from this hotel is outstanding. The breakfasts were great as well. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Room was clean. Highly recommend this hotel! Watching a full moon sunrise was also great!

Room Tip: Second floor with balcony room - ocean side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Aww I'm so jealous you guys got to see the whales during there last trip though! We have a live feed cam behind the property so I get to try to watch on our website (innofthebeachcomber.com) but it really doesn't do them justice.
I'm so glad you guys enjoyed your stay here with us! We love when people are satisfied and leave FULL and happy!
If you and your sister are planning on traveling through the area again this time of year, you should give our website a look! We have some really good deals going on!

Thanks!

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We had a room facing the ocean with balcony - everything worked, it was clean, had everything you'd want and in a great spot with a pathway to the beach. The only noise was the ocean! Breakfast was great and staff very friendly. The only thing I'd say is that it did seem to be a bit disorganised - the first room we were given hadn't been made up, but we were immediately given another which was. We stayed for 2 nights and bed wasn't made after our first night although towels changed/room cleaned etc. But would definitely stay there again and it was good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Well obviously, the location is awesome but then again most of the hotels in Gold Beach are on or very close to the ocean. I could hear the ocean from my hotel room. They gave me a room on the back side of the hotel that faces the ocean for a non-view price because it was my boyfriend's birthday.
First the bad stuff: The rooms on the back side are NOT pretty on the outside by any means. Our room was next to the housekeeping room and they left the door open all day. They should not do that because it looks pretty bad in there. There was a mattress propped up against a dirty dingy cement wall and some pipes. It looked like a dark, rat infested, unfinished cellar. If I worked for housekeeping, I would be afraid to go in there. They also left a maintenance room (hole) open and it was even worse in there. There were dirty tools laying haphazardly all over the place and at least 20 mountain dew cans. Creepy. The AC did not work in the room and it was hot and musty in the room. I tried everything to air it out; left the door wide open, opened the window, turned the fan on. It was nice and cool outside but I could NOT cool down that room no matter what I did. Me and my boyfriend even fought about it because I wanted the door open and he wanted his privacy. The shower wouldn't stay hot. It kept going from cool to warm to cool the whole shower and the shower head was really oddly low, like 4 feet from the floor. Check in isn't until 3pm but checkout is 11am! That's less than 24 hours!!
The pool and hot tub were really dingy and old looking but we went anyway and it was nice enough.

The good stuff: The room was clean and smelled like Lysol when we walked in. The beds were comfortable and there was a futon that we used as a bed for my son. The second day, the maid made the futon up with sheets even though we hadn't asked. Free wifi and cable is always appreciated. The lobby is really nice with wine available for purchase and paddleboards to rent. I liked that they had a pool and hot tub. After a long walk on the windy beach, it was nice to soak in the hot tub. I really liked the breakfast. It was free and the helpings were abundant. The waffles were great, I love waffles. If you want scrambled eggs and bacon, you have to go somewhere else. If you don't mind FREE waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, biscuts and gravy, muffins, hard boiled eggs, coffee, and juice then you'll be satisfied like me.
They allow dogs but the rooms don't appear to have any dog hair or smell bad at all. I brought my dog and he loved it!

Room Tip: I heard no noise at all (except the ocean) so maybe the beach sides are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We got a room on the backside of the Hotel, the trail to the beach was right there! Our first night there we weren't sure what to eat, the girls at the front desk were helpful. Offered us menus and recommended this great Pizza Place that delivered. Also, their continental breakfast was not like any we'd had before. There was a waffle maker and biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt... it was nice to not have to pay to eat out. We really enjoyed our stay. No it was not super fancy and maybe needed a couple upgrades, but for the price we really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends