“Nice Location, Value and Views”

Inn of the Beachcomber
Ranked #5 of 5 Gold Beach B&B and Inns
Larkspur, Colorado
“Nice Location, Value and Views”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Because I arrived late, and was staying to catch my boat ride early in the morning, I did not get a beach view room but was offered one. The beach views from the back of the property were excellent with many cool dunes and sea grasses. The room had a strong odor, but was squashed with my Febreze, that I pack for such reasons. The beds and linens were comfortable and we got some protein options with the breakfast that was included with the room. The place could use some updates but was nice along our Highway 101 journey. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Oceandweller7
Courtney T, Front Office Manager at Inn of the Beachcomber, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
During the winter (aka our slow season) all of our rooms aren't being rented as much so there's a few that don't get opened and aired out as much as we'd like... so they tend to get a stuffy smell. I have been working with the housekeepers to get all the doors opened, even if they have not been rented the previous night, just so we can get some fresh air in there... hopefully this will help solve the problem with the stuffiness! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay anyway and got a good night's sleep!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 23 November 2013

stopped here for the night, what a stop! beautiful room w/ a view, the family man that owns this was so nice, we joked for a while as he set me up with a view room. The ocean at my fingertips, the smells, the great room, with the best bed ever.....very nice priced. Walk to the beaches out the back door. It doesn't get any better than this. Owners name it a very nice guy named Ted. He invites you in and really makes you feel at home. I will be back....not just for business, but time for me. Can't say enough about the feeling here. "excellent" Thank you Beachcomber.

Room Tip: You need Room 350....fireplace and all.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jahshua E
awww Ted will be so happy to hear that you actually found him funny! haha... just kidding. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here with us! Sounds like you stayed in our Bungalow rooms, which happen to be my favorite rooms out of the whole hotel. It makes it feel like your not even staying in a boring old hotel. We would love to have you come back and stay with us!
Munich
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

even though the motel is a little old, it is clean and is charming. the folks running the place are very friendly.
ask for a room facing the ocean. they're slightly more expensive but the view you're waking up to is really stunning

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank steffentom1
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We dont recommend it! The room were smelling like a dirty dog, there was a very small fire place definitively not a romantic ambient, and we didn't stay there also because of the poor service. We prefered pay more and enjoy our vacation.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank DCProctor
oh no, I'm so sorry that you had a bad encounter with out of our office workers :( that is never a good thing, ever. as far as the issues with the room... I'm not sure what room you were checked into but I hope you let the office staff know so that something could be done.. we work really hard to not even have our pet rooms smell like dogs. most of the time you'd never guess an animal had been in there before.. and ya, our small fireplaces aren't the greatest romantic gesture but they do make quite a glow and give the room a big more cozy of a feeling verus just a wall heater.. if you are looking for the full blown fireplace abiance though we do have a house that we rent out with a full kitchen and such aka "Sam's Bungalow" .. maybe that would have suited your needs a little more..

if you'd like to discuss this matter further please feel free to email me at info@innofthebeachcomber.com.. I'd love to work something out with you regarding your issues and hopefully leave a little better taste in your mouth!
Thanks!

Travellers are raving about these Gold Beach hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 22 October 2013

While a bit tacky on the outside, our room was very comfortable and cozy, with a great bed, cute gas fireplace and plenty of free DVDs to choose from. Steps from the beach, it was a good value for the price. Staff was friendly and had suggestions. Directly across the street (highway 101) is the US Forest Service with tons of maps and help on finding hiking trails and other activities. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Nice views of ocean from 2nd floor rooms.
Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We spent the extra few bucks for the room on the second floor with a view of the ocean with a hot tub on our private balcony - that alone was worth the price of admission!!! Staff was also very, very friendly and breakfast hit the spot too.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Courtney T, Front Office Manager at Inn of the Beachcomber, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here with us! Those spa rooms are quite a treat after a long drive! If you guys are planning on traveling back through for the holidays you should give our website a look over.. innofthebeachcomber.com.. or just give me a call at 541-247-6691.. we have some GREAT deals going on now through the end of the year!

Thanks! Hope to see you guys again!
Myrtle Point, Oregon
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My friends and I have been going to this hotel for about eight years now. It is humble on the outside, neat and clean. The owner put a lot of his attention into the rooms. Each room is beautifully appointed and enjoyable to settle down in for a relaxing and rejuvenating time. The bedding is very good quality and the beds are very comfortable. You can get great ocean views from a lot of the rooms and it is right behind low lying dunes, so it is as close to the ocean as you can get!
The staff is always friendly and helpful. They really care about your stay. If there is anything you need, they're on it. Breakfast is very good, set up in nice dining room.
And the rates are really, really good. Compare them to lots of places, and you will see what I mean. I have done the comparison shopping, and have stayed at other places on the Coast, especially the South Coast. It really is the best value around. It's my home away from home.

Room Tip: For the best views get a room on the second floor ocean view. Also the bungalow type rooms on the fi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Yay! So glad you enjoyed your stay here with us! We love returning guests.. we do our best to treat y'all right! We loveeee us some happy people in the morning!

Hopefully we see you again this season!
Thanks!
#8 of 8 in Brookings
Gold Beach Resort
Gold Beach Resort
#2 of 8 in Gold Beach

Been to Inn of the Beachcomber? Share your experiences!