“A Bargain”

Azalea Lodge
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Gold Beach
“A Bargain”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at the Azalea Lodge on the recommendation of a family member. We were told it is very clean and also a basic room, meaning no frills. It was both and the price and location can't be beat..The bed was very comfortable. Very safe feeling.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Joanne W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed in a room out back behind the front row . . very quiet back there and an IMPRESSIVE ceiling of beautiful clear timbers (not what I expect in a cookie-cutter-seeming roadside motel). Everything was spotlessly clean, and as others have pointed out it's affordable.

Room Tip: Rooms out back are very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Dawn L
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I've made a number of business trips to Gold Beach, and always stay here. It's an older single story motel, but it's very well maintained by the resident owners. The rooms are good sized and comfortable, as are the beds. For being right on Hwy 101, it's also surprisingly quiet. The rates are very reasonable, and the owners are very friendly. I'd gladly return whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Applethecat
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed here for two nights in July and I'd stay here again. The price is right, and the rooms are very clean. The location is nice and central in Gold Beach.

However, the breakfast is kind of meager. And when I was getting my breakfast, the older woman behind the counter was pissing and moaning about small issue related to the customers. Left a bad taste in my mouth, and I was very like she didn't want my business.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank massiek
Idaho
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We just needed a bed for the night and stayed here based on other reviews. The room was old but well cared for and clean. Bed was fine. I was worried about traffic noise because it's right on the 101, but not a problem. Traffic's not that heavy in November. The school is right across the street, but we were out and had finished breakfast before it even got busy. We were in the front part and never noticed noise. Good light-blocking curtains, fan in bathroom, tiny fridge & microwave. An outlet stip for charging phones/camera battery by the fridge. I thought about asking for a room in the back, but it was really dark back there and didn't look so safe. We were fine in the front. Good price. The hot water takes a while to get there, don't give up. Don't step in the shower until the hot water arrives!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank farmgirlIdaho
Coos Bay
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My fiancee and I were passing through Gold Beach and I'm sure I could have gotten a room cheaper but I picked the Azalea based on all the excellent reviews. They were all definitely spot on. Functional, clean, nice owners, and I cant say enough about how good it feels to walk into a room, and it's just a basic room, that's all you need, but it's CLEAN and WELL KEPT. The last thing you need when you are traveling is a dirty hotel room. We had a room next to the family suite which got booked the same night we were there, it was a large scandinavian family traveling down the coast, but once they settled down, all was well. If we do stay again, I would probably request a room in the back where it's a little quieter. There was a small thing in the bathroom that just to me says a lot about the care and pride the owners have in their business...(and guy's you may not understand this..)..There was a small basket on the sink in the bathroom with two neatly folded washcloths and a small sign that said, "please use these for makeup removal"....I just really thought that was caring and thoughtful. Just a really nice touch for a little motel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank julianne244
Talent
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Great room, great price, great location!!
The room was sooo clean and the operators very nice and helpful. I love that we were able to walk to the beach, grocery store, gift shops and local organic based restaurants. We will most definitely stay again and recommend.

• Stayed October 2013