“Spectacular!!”
Review of Pacific Reef Hotel

Pacific Reef Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Gold Beach
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Debra - you are amazing - the staff was fantastic - the rooms, over the top - clean, fresh, newly redone. The breakfast was great - fresh fruit, selection of tasty morsels, great coffee... We would gladly stay there again - no need for looking elsewhere. Thanks.

Room Tip: Smile, be greatful, encourage - be polite
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Harderfam

Reviewed 24 May 2011

Excellent room very well updated. View was incredible! Close enough to listen to the ocean.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelissaSichting
Reviewed 23 May 2011

My stay at PRR was delightful. Relaxing, comfortable, centrally located, spotless, with a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean. A short walk to the beach revealed aggates galore, driftwood and a cat named Ranger who greeted you at the dunes. The staff was helpful, curtious and genuinely nice. A group of people who enjoy their work and it shines through. Everyone made me feel at home. I stayed 4 nights and wished it could've been longer.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms, free wifi, continental breakfast
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank flybye10
Reviewed 22 May 2011

This was our second stay here, and the first in one of the newer rooms- the 'luxury beach front' rooms. The view was great (all hotels here are a long walk from the beach) and the room was very clean, despite being a 'pet friendly' room. We requested it, as we had our dog along for the trip. The room was a good size, the bed was comfortable, if not luxurious. I slept great, though my wife did not. There are cheaper hotels in town, but none have the quality feel of this one. Breakfast was mostly carbs, but the coffee was great! Much above the usual hotel coffee. We also found a brochure for a wonderful restaurant, Anna's, in the lobby- great food.
Look- this is a nice hotel, not really a resort. there is a nice hot tub, and great views from some of the rooms. I will be coming back here, and one of the reasons will be the people at the hotel- they were all really nice.

Room Tip: Make sure that you call and ask!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jearley
Reviewed 17 May 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Pacific Reef in mid April and were not disappointed at all. The Resort is so clean and the views are very impressive. The newly redecorated condos are the best we have ever stayed in and we could not have asked for a more wonderful stay. Our thanks to Matt and to Deborah for everything they did for us to ensure that our stay was absolutely wonderful. The Resort is right next to the ocean and we could hear the ocean roar (to help put us to sleep!). We truly enjoyed our stay here and cannot wait until we can visit it again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jminermom
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I would not trust these people with your money. They have no problem with bait and switch or lying. I pre-paid for a specific condo to suit our needs over a month before our scheduled stay. A couple of weeks before our trip I received a phone call asking if I would be willing to change my accommodation in order for a doctor to stay in the suite we had rented. His stay was unexpectedly extended (he was covering for another doctor in town who had undergone surgery) and he did not want to change rooms.

I was willing to change our accommodations as long as they still suited our needs. We wanted two separate bedrooms. The girl that initially contacted me was friendly and she explained the entire situation to me.

Understanding the situation I told the costumer service rep that I would review the site and call her in the morning to see if another unit would work for us. When I called the next morning I was told that it was no longer an issue and that other customers who had also pre-paid for the suite had expressed they did not want to make any changes. She told me that the doctor would need to work with them on his accommodations instead of upsetting customers who had already paid for the unit.

We arrive after being on the road for eight hours in heavy weather to find out that our condo is not available and they had tried to call me earlier that day. My caller id did not record any call from them nor did I get a message.

Then the manager flat out lies to me with some story about how there is a very very sick doctor staying in our unit and that he can not be moved. I explained that I had already been called a few weeks prior and gave the name of the girl who I spoke with. The manager then stated that that girl was not longer with them and she should never have called me. The manager obviously didn't realize that the girl had told me the entire story as to why they wanted me to move. The best part was when the manager told me that the unit we wanted had a disgusting carpet and is very date and our other option was much better.

Lying to customers is very unprofessional. I would have taken the unit offered if they had been honest about the call and the story. I feel that any establishment that requires you to pay when the reservation is made has a responsibility to follow through on their end.
We stayed at three different places during our road trip and Pacific Reef was the only place that required a full deposit to secure your reservation, however they were also the only place that did not hold up their end of the bargain.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank hoptrails
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Stayed here last weekend... We have stayed here before..nice place ( a little expensive. )they were having some kind of motorcycle/dune buggy races next door. the building they do it in is very close... ruined the atmosphere of why you go to the ocean.. VERY LOUD and you could smell gas.. both Sat.. and Sun.. would recommed this place but only if you knew that wasn't going on next door. I will think twice before we go there again .

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple