“Beach and Gardens with a view”
Review of Gold Beach Inn

Gold Beach Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Gold Beach
Reviewed 21 June 2013

If you want a gorgeous view, big beach, and beautiful gardens and grounds to wander through, this is the place to stay. The rooms are spacious and well appointed and you can walk to restaurants. If you want to spend all of your time outdoors, there is plenty of space to find a quiet spot or have a barbeque. If you need a quiet retreat for a few days, you can have that too. I try to spend a restorative week here every year.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms with balconies are the best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank marbel815

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary, looking for a quiet place to hideaway for a few days. The Best Western 30 minutes down the road was our plan, but at $200 a night, we thought we'd give this one a chance since it was only $89/night. This was perfect. I was skeptical because there were some negative reviews on here, but our room, #108 is clean, modern, roomy and comfortable. I am extremely picky, so I went in to it with an open mind, but honestly, the only think I could complain about is there is a small hole in the upholstery on the side of one of the recliners, and at this price, with the view, I think I can live with that! On top of that, Char greeted us at check in with a huge smile and patiently (I'm picky and a little ocd) answered all of my questions. Overall- I honestly don't think you'll find a better value for your money when it comes to ocean front hotels! Very happy, would definitely recommend and will stay here again!

Room Tip: rooms on the first floor have a nice view, but second floor is better, and third floor is best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liz A
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

The people at check in were so friendly, caring and helpful it got us off to a good start for our 2 night's stay.
The room overlooking the Ocean was huge, clean and had everything we wanted working perfectly.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank DavidSB66
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We've stayed here several times over the years. Although this motel is not 'new' it is well kept up. The furnishings may be a bit dated here and there, but this is not a fancy upscale 'hotel' - it's a reasonably priced oceanfront motel.

Since our last visit in I believe 2010, the rooms now have modern flat screen TVs, at least ours did. Our bed was a little soft and did have a low spot right in the middle, so it may be time for management to think about replacing some of them.

The balconies are large enough to sit and enjoy the view and there are solid walls in between each room for privacy. There is NO SMOKING on the balconies, but we had an unfortunate experience. The people next door were smoking on their balcony and of course it drifted into our room. We made several comments but they kept smoking. I finally took some Lysol and sprayed it over toward their room!

I did report this when we checked out and the clerk said she would make a note of it and charge them if their room smelled smoky. I hate it when people smoke on balconies, just ignoring the big sign telling them not too.

The only problem we had this visit was the breakfast - there wasn't any! I don't know if the person called in sick or what happened, but my husband went down about 8:30 and everything was closed up . . . and again just after 9:00 and still all closed. When we checked out about 9:45 there was still no sign of breakfast, so we stopped in Brookings to grab a quick bite.

But, even with that problem, the location plus the low price (I think we paid about $80) warrants a "four-dot" satisfaction rating from us. We'll stay here again, no question.

Room Tip: There are stairs, no elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank half-Brit
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We were torn as to whether to give this hotel 3* or 4*.

First the pros ... location on the beach is great. It's a very short walk to the beach and the view from our room on the top (4th floor) was beautiful. The room overall was very clean. The bathroom appeared to be recently redone. The women working the desk were a delight to work with! I found having two fairly new recliners in the room to be much appreciated. There were some new pieces of furniture in the room. The hot tubs are great as well and are in a great location. Price - under $100 for this view is a deal no matter where you are IMHO.

The cons - the room smelled a bit like "grandma's house" ... not that that's a bad thing necessarily. The rooms look a bit like grandma's too. The bedding wasn't the most comfortable but the bed itself was. The Internet was very slow and basically we gave up trying to use it. The breakfast wasn't much to speak of overall but you can tell they really make an effort to have plenty for people to choose from without actually cooking anything. The shower head was VERY low (at about shoulder level).

Overall I would imagine this is the best to offer IN Gold Beach. If you know what you're getting into this is a worthwhile stay. Like the title says ... Think motel, not hotel. If you like luxury you may want to check out Tu Tu Ten ($270+ per night) which is up the Rogue River and not on the ocean. The people here at Gold Coast Inn were great and do their best to help you with anything you may need. Decent stay if you know what you're getting into.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Husker4theSpurs
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We plan our trips fro reno to the Oregon Coast so we can always stay at least one night at the Gold Beach Inn. We met Cindy at the bookstore right after she bought it around 8 years ago. We had always stayed at the Inn of the Beachcomber before meeting her. She asked us to give her place a try on our next trip and we have been loyal to her ever since. The rooms are so spacious and the view is incredible. I have asthma and severe allergies and have never had a problem in their rooms. They are totally clean and I love the new drapes covered with sail boats. I work for one of the largest hotels in northern Nevada (1720 rooms) and I know what to look for when I want to find quality, value and comfort when I travel. Linda was so nice at check in, I am sure we will remain friends forever.

Room Tip: We like the rooms in the 200's, which are first floor on the main parking lot. There is a lower...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Nicktheace
Reviewed 1 June 2013

The view from the room is worth the price at this hotel. We also appreciated the spacious room and comfy big chairs and we were delighted by the hot tubs (three of them with privacy screens around them) and the short walk out onto a gorgeous beach. The beds were comfortable and room was clean. If I were to suggest an upgrade, I'd say they could put in better bedding (pillows and comforters), but overall we were very happy with this place and would definitley recommend it.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends