“Keeps getting Better and Better” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Turtle Rock Resort

Turtle Rock Resort
Roseburg, Oregon
“Keeps getting Better and Better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at Turtle Rock multiple times over the past 2 years. Our last trip (Valentine's Day weekend) was the most memorable. We rented a RV spot with a jacuzzi tub for the weekend. The weather forecast was for heavy rains and winds and it did not lie. We were having a great time and decided to go in jacuzzi during the afternoon rain on Saturday. Left the Beagle inside our Class "A" RV. After about 30 minutes it started getting real windy and rainy so we decided to go in....door locked. Dog jumped on latch. After some expletives, Richard drove by in an enclosed golf cart and gave me a ride to office (wearing only my swimtrunks) Wife stayed in jacuzzi to keep warm. Office staff were remarkable, after a little chuckle. Got me a towel and began helping with finding locksmiths and calling Good Sam. During this time, one of the other employees went down with a gas cap key and was sucessful in getting the door unlocked and my wife in. Cusstomer service beyond words. This park is great...location to beach, clean, all services and a staff second to none. We will be back again and again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Greg M
Naseka, Owner at Turtle Rock Resort, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
My staff and I thought you were wonderful. You had a great attitude even though your dog locked you out of your RV. We were very glad we could be of help to you and certainly enjoyed sharing lots of laughs with you. We look forward to your next visit. We can laugh together about the last one!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

My Wife and I found our October Home, after spending 4 awesome weeks at Turtle Rock Resort in a RV site with a newer hot tub on our own private deck, we decided to booked a month next year!! Where to start? The layout is very pleasant nice mix of cottages, RV's and Trees, Sites are spacious and just a short walk to a great beach for beachcombing walking your dog or just exploring! My Wife enjoyed the Yoga classes and never missed a session! (Nancy was awsome) Me I spent my time fishing the Hunter Creek 3 Salmon found our dinner table, and I released countless Cutthroat trout! I was in Heaven! One of the staff, Dan invited me on his boat to fish the Rogue river ... I Took him up on his offer and my wife and I invited Dan and Val out for Dinner! before we left Dan dropped by with some canned fish for our trip down the road! (best canned salmon I've ever had) The Wildlife was impressive .. Great Blue Heron , Seals, Deer and waterfoul of all kinds... overall staff was very friendly/ helpful , ( We've no Toad, and had 2 offers from staff to lend their personal vehicles to us) I'd highly reccomend!!

1 Thank wanda001055
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We are so lucky we chose this RV park. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The went above and beyond any expectations. Daniel Dresser, an employee of the park, help us and made sure we were always doing okay, knowing we were new to the RV experience. The office staff was kind and so considerate. Always ready to assist in any way they could to make our stay enjoyable.
Couldn't ask for kinder, more thoughtful team. Besides the view, beautiful! just a short path to the beach. It was heavenly!

1 Thank LynandBob2013
Valley Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed 9 days in 2 different sites. We had a hot tub site (30, I believe) and a river site (54). The hot tub site was fantastic! Very private, lots of trees and shrubs, and lawn space for your family and dogs. Having the hot tub was worth the extra cost!!! Site 54 had a beautiful view of Hunter Creek. The sites are a nice distance from each other. The bathrooms are clean with FREE hot showers. The laundry was a nice convenience. The ladies in the office were wonderful to us. The employees we meet on the grounds were very helpful and accommodating. This resort is very dog friendly. There are at least 7 doggie stations throughout the resort providing free poop bags. I just wish more people would use them bags and pick up after their dogs.
Love, love, love Turtle Rock Resort!!!! We can't wait to return next year!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CNMarshall95252
Paradise, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is our 2nd time here in a 40 ft motohome/vehicle in tow. 5 minutes to the beach with tons of gravel/rock/agate/driftwood hunting! Loved the Turtle Rock-"kodak" moment for sure!
The roads are gravel but well maintained, staff friendly, they provide "pet stations" throughout the park with bags and disposal sites. A few 'view sites", mostly cottages but it you scope out the park first, find the best location for your needs. We love the beach and privacy so we chose the end of the park that backs up to the highway(a little noisy but not bad).
Main complaint we would have is poor satellite tv, few stations and few of those were clear. That is in need of upgrade. Also would request the bushes be trimmed as to allow views from the RV sites...Not to the same caliber as Winchester Bay but is adequate and the spa sites are a treat! I recommend if you aren't expecting the "ritz" HA!

1 Thank Grammygirls
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

You simply can't beat the location of this place, just a few steps to the beach. Be careful which RV space you reserve as some are very close to each other and others are fantastic. Water view spa site is squished in between two cottages. The only big complaint we had was that we were a back in site next to a cottage and another back in site. The back in site next to us decided to make it a pull in site, then sat in their RV and stared at us. Never have we been to an RV park where management would allow that unless the parties were together. Also we were charge a sewer fee...... kinda thought that was part of the Full hook-up site charge. Would have like to have had a pool/spa for the whole campgrounds use.

Room Tip: Go for the RV sites against the woods or in the circle by hwy 101. Stay away from the river side or...