Jot's Resort
Pacific Reef Hotel(Gold Beach)(Great Value!)
US$75
Gold Beach Inn(Gold Beach)(Great Value!)
US$108
Hotels.com
Ireland's Rustic Lodges(Gold Beach)(Great Value!)
US$97
Orbitz.com
Azalea Lodge(Gold Beach)(Great Value!)
US$65
Priceline
US$109
US$103
Priceline
Motel 101(Gold Beach)(Great Value!)
US$53
Motel 6 Gold Beach(Gold Beach)(Great Value!)
US$72
Motel 6
US$87
TripAdvisor
Spindrift Motor Inn(Brookings)(Great Value!)
US$78
All reviewsrogue riversalmon fishingoregon coastjet boatjacuzzi tubnice place to stayriver viewsan franciscostayed one nightcontinental breakfastfishermanbridgeboatsbearsdogpets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The location is awesome, right at the mouth of the Rogue River where it meets the sea. We stayed on a Sunday night & didn't have a reservation. The initial impression upon entering the property isn't good--the exterior seriously needs a paint job. We went in anyway...staff was great, very accommodating & helpful. Offered us a room on the bottom floor with a Jacuzzi tub--and offered to let us look at the room before we decided. The room was GREAT!!! Very clean, very large, with the Jacuzzi tub plus a tub/shower in the bathroom. Fridge, coffeemaker--and a porch off the slider with lawn chairs, which overlooks the river and the Rogue River bridge. Beautiful! Very quiet (there weren't many people staying there), we were glad we stayed and would go back there again. A couple of things to know: upstairs access is via staircase only, no elevators...and this is on the North end of town, away from everything (but it's less than 5 minutes to middle of town). There is some type of restaurant across the street but we didn't try it out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joann V
jotsresort, Manager at Jot's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for reviewing our property. We take great pride as a family owned business and value our return customers and their opinions.

Safe Travels, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

On a Globus tour so I didn't have a choice. Staff was pleasant especially in the restaurant. Room was not acceptable. I don't think the rug or curtains have cleaned since construction. The seat cushion on the chair was devoid of any cushion material so you sit on the frame....in a great location and could have been enjoyable...try alternatives in the area if you have to stay in this location

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank franksatthelake
jotsresort, Manager at Jot's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, as we value all input from our guests.

I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping department, they will correct any and all issues that they find in the room that you stayed in. We take our housekeeping seriously, as our return customer base in important. I do wish that you would have brought our attention to this during your stay, so that we could have selected a different room for you.

Thank you again for staying with us ... Safe Travels

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I really needed a getaway this last weekend, so my husband and I decided on the southern Oregon coast, at the last minute. He told me that he'd like me to find a hotel with a restaurant and bar. I found Jot's Resort, complete with bar and restaurant, online, and booked it. The check-in time was late; 4pm. We arrived at about 4:30, and I noted in passing, the signs at the entry and on the building that advertised the restaurant and bar. The young man at the desk was very pleasant. After I got the key, I asked when the restaurant opened and how late the bar stayed open. With a surprised look, he said that they didn't have a bar or restaurant, and hadn't had for a while. He said that he could cancel my reservation. By that time it's after 5pm on Saturday night. I don't think looking for another hotel was a good option! Our room was a nice enough size with a decent view of the bay. However, the carpet was horribly stained all over and the little frig reeked of raw fish. Also the hotel is not air conditioned and has no elevators, for those of you that need them. I won't stay there again!

5  Thank Jan B

I would like to apologize for the lack of having a restaurant and bar during your stay. Due to a change of restaurant owners at the location, you arrived during the transition. SALTWATER is now open from 11 a.m. til 9 p.m. and opened on July 4, 2014. During the transition, SPINNERS did offer complimentary shuttle service to their restaurant in downtown Gold Beach for our guests, so driving would not be an issue.
We value all guests reviews and opinions as we strive to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. Thank you for taking the time to review our property, and I do hope that you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We found Jot's just riding through Gold Beach, liked to location, and were greeted courteously and immediately.
It was a Sunday and the place was not crowded, but everything was ready for whatever size crows should arrive.
The first pleasant surprise was the room rate: very much a bargain for the room and location.
The room was clean and well furnished, and had a spectacular view of true Rogue River bridge in one direction and the Pacific Ocean in the other. There is a long balcony shared along the waterfront side of the building, and the floor-to-ceiling glass walls made enjoying the view easy.
The room was as you would expect for a good motel/hotel. This is not a resort in the truest sense of the word, though it does have pool. spa, weight room, gift shop and laundry. We just needed a nice place to spend the night, and found it.
We did not take advantage of two of the major offerings of Jot's: they have a boat launch ramp and dock, an equipped bait and gift shop, and also serve as a pickup point for the jet boat tours of the river.
We would definitely stay here again.
And I would strongly recommend it for fishermen wanting to try the river or ocean. It is ion the perfect spot, less than a half mile from the jetties and right on the water.

Room Tip: All rooms face the water and the further from the river bridge you would probably have less highway noise. It was not a problem in our middle-of-the-building location.
1  Thank shlamont
jotsresort, Manager at Jot's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property!
We do hope that on a return visit that you are able to take advantage of our private docks and board the jet boat tour for an excursion on the Rogue River.
We look forward to seeing you again. Safe Travels

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We wanted to get away for a short weekend, and decided on Jots as we had stayed there years ago and it was very nice. We have dogs, and they accept dogs for an extra fee. We got there only to find the condo dirty, the televisions weren't working, so we called the front desks. They sent a guy down that got the living room tv working, but said he'd be back to get the bedroom tv fixed and we never saw him again. The place need to be painted, there were cobwebs everywhere. It was so bad we didn't stay, we left the next morning. It was really sad as we had many memories of good times there. The restaurant across the street is closed, which we use to just walk to.

Room Tip: Check out the room before checking in.
2  Thank Karen B

Thank you for reviewing our property, as we take all customer feedback seriously.
I have forwarded your comments regarding the paint and cobwebs to the maintenance department for the condominiums, as that is separate from Jot's Resort maintenance department and they are currently working on the building (painting and replacing decks)
Since your stay, Charter Cable has fixed the issues with the cable in the condominium building. They switched to digital service, and some of the units were not receiving the signals.
I apologize that you were here during the transition of restaurant owners. Saltwater opened on July 4, 2014, and is open from 11 am til 9 pm daily.
During your next visit to Gold Beach, if you reconsider a stay I'm positive that you will see that we are making upgrades.
Thank you again, and we do hope to see you again. ~Safe Travels~