“Broken down rooms”

Best Western Mt. Hood Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Government Camp
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We had a hard time making reservation, and then the check in process was even worse. One of the desk clerks accused us of lying about our reservation. Once in the room the phone did not work, the chair, and the remote for the TV were broken. There were more dogs than people in the hotel, should re-name the motel Mount Hood kennels.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank BARRY T

Reviewed 11 December 2012

My husband and I went up to the Government Camp for my birthday. We had a great stay at the hotel. We booked a hotel room with a Jacuzzi which was really awesome. The bed was comfortable and everything was pretty clean. The staff seemed very friendly, and we were well taken care of. The camp itself is pretty cool we enjoyed walking around and visiting the bars at night. It ended up snowing about 6 inches which was pretty cool.

I would like to say that the hotel left a great impression on me, but when it came to customer service I wasn't so impressed.My husband left some clothes at the hotel and we called as soon as we got home when we realized they were gone to ask if they could ship them to us as we live about 2 hours away and weren't planning another trip back up to Mt. Hood. They told us that they would send them out to us. Two weeks went by and we still hadn't received his clothes yet and his card hadn't been charged for anything so we called back. They told us that they still had them and were planning on getting them out.

It has now been another week and a half and we haven't received his clothes so I called again today. The front desk agent was nice and understanding as I explained the situation, she said she didn't understand why they hadn't been sent, she said maybe they didn't have CC # on file... I said that we paid for one with our room so they do have it. She said she would finally get it out today. I am glad it is being taken care of, but as for customer service in general I was not impressed. If there was a problem with a card or anything like that they should have called us and let us know instead of letting a whole month go by without a word about the situation.

I would stay at this hotel again, but would be sure to check to make sure we had all of our items as we may not see them again anytime soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank entheend8337
Reviewed 28 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank ERIC G
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I with 6 of my friends decided to spend a night at the foothills of Mt Hood during this Thanksgiving. The obvious choice is Government camp, and what else better than Best Western. The hotel location is great. The Lobby is cute with a nice fire place. The rooms are good with all modern amenities. The staff were friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pratyush P
Reviewed 9 November 2012

This motel is a great place to stay when visiting Mount Hood. I arrived an hour early for check-in, however the man at the front desk was so nice and friendly, he told me it was no big deal. As I planned to use their laundry facilities he immediately provided me with two coins (both for $2.00) for the washing machine and dryer. I parked the car in their garage and was grateful for their elevator making it really easy to get everything up to my room. It was very spacious and super clean. Had no problems with noise coming from the highway or the motel's parking lot. The Ice Axe Grill next to the motel was a nice place to have a bite for dinner. And breakfast at the motel lobby was ok, but it might get a little crowded at peak times as there are not many tables and chairs provided. You will have to accommodate yourself everywhere where there is space to sit. Not a big deal for me anyways. Check-out was fairly easy; I also got some nice tips from the nice lady at the front desk. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank sunsetd
Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

From the time we checked in I felt right at home! Kim at Front Desk was so warm and welcoming as well as her co workers!

The breakfast and lobby area was amazing and they had great recommendations for us!

Would stay here again and again!!!

Turns out Kim lived on Maui where we're from, she was awesome!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Honolua13
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The room was very spacious and we had a king bed with a jacuzzi. We had a great view from our room and a tiny little waterstream that was so relaxing. We left the window open to hear it all night. I'm a light sleeper so the noise from the traffic during the night woke me up, but that was okay. The cool autumn air and the sound of the stream of water was worth it! It's not far from Mount Hood, which is why we decided to stay here for one night.

Room Tip: Choose a room next to the tree line.